The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Questions before ordering

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Ok when doing a pre-order, what if you make a second configuration? Does it delete/replace the previous one? They haven’t closed the window yet and I may want to make some changes.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The configurator is interesting. Heaven knows we all had plenty of time to play with it. When I finally put my order together I found that I had to choose a non-Belstaff, basic Grenadier (in the US it’s not a commercial version). It was specced with 17 in steel wheels and KO2s. Contrast roof (black over mm). Ladder. Safari windows, black leather, saddle leather, extra battery and electrics. Rails outside and in. Fender plates. Integrated front winch and rear towing. Rough and Soft packs. Compass. Spare wheel lock box, and a flag emblem. The one thing I didn’t want was the RAI. Went through it every way I could to get the same result and it was less than a thousand dollars difference. So I went with it. I can live without the free jacket. I’m more of a Barbour fan anyway.
But now I’m wondering if I am missing anything that the Trial or Field have that isn’t available a la carte? Any thoughts?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But now I’m wondering if I am missing anything that the Trial or Field have that isn’t available a la carte? Any thoughts?
They are simply pre-selected option packages, there is nothing that isn't available a la carte, except for the jacket.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Puddle lamps & ambient lighting.
In the US all models have those (included with the Smooth pack)... RoW has to order the Smooth Pack separately

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi Flying Texan, I am ordering a Trial Master for a couple reasons. First, I like the option of the second battery. If you order the Field Master you cannot get the second battery as it comes with a premium sound system that adds a subwoofer under the rear seat where the second battery would go. From all my research, if you want to end up with both eventually, best to spec the second battery and then have an audio car shop upgrade any speakers, amps and add a subwoofer to the rear boot area or in a secured subwoofer enclosure. If you order the Field Master, your only rim choice are the 18" alloys, which I don't like the look of. If you order the Trial Master you can pick any rim tire combo they offer.
I have found that it is better to spec a Trail Master and option up from there then starting off with the base Station Wagon as you actually save a little money and end up with the RAI, Raised Air Intake for Free, which you can then easily take off and purchase a new trim plate from Grenadier or so we have been told. You also may get the Belstaff Trial Master Jacket for free, although not 100% sure it is still part of the North American spec and I think you also end up with the compass/altimeter too.
In regards to the newer 2020 Defender, I own one and it is an incredible vehicle and IMO is the number one 50/50 on-road off-road vehicle in the world with it's 4-wheel drive system and on road manners. A pure joy to drive and fast too, zero to 60 in just 5.8 seconds with their straight 6 P400 petrol engine. I cannot say enough good things about this vehicle. I give it 100%. Only reason I am selling is to go onto another adventure by purchasing the Grenadier, which I believe will be the number one 65/35% off-road / on-road vehicle in the world. IMO you cannot go wrong with either one. I have owned my 2020 Defender since new now for 2 1/2 years, still in love with it. I test drove the Grenadier and came away even more impressed than I thought I would be and Love it Too. Jump on in, the water is fine. There is no wrong decision here. We are all fortunate that these 2 vehicles exist for our endless pleasure and joy. DaBull
Only just saw this post DaBull and you wholeheartedly echo my own thoughts on both vehicles! I’ve also jumped in partly just for the fun of it as I really don’t “need” to change.
Took my ND up the Macetown track here in Arrowtown NZ and was seriously impressed with just centre diff lock and low ratio!
But very excited for the change ahead too 😆

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Only just saw this post DaBull and you wholeheartedly echo my own thoughts on both vehicles! I’ve also jumped in partly just for the fun of it as I really don’t “need” to change.
Took my ND up the Macetown track here in Arrowtown NZ and was seriously impressed with just centre diff lock and low ratio!
But very excited for the change ahead too 😆
HI Karearea, Congratulations on taking the plunge too. I sometimes think I am a bit crazy going from a ND to a Grenadier, only because the ND is such an incredible vehicle that gives me incredible joy. However I purchased it because of the heritage and the Grenadier reaches further back to the heritage of the original Defender. What color and options to you choose for your Grenadier. DaBull

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
HI Karearea, Congratulations on taking the plunge too. I sometimes think I am a bit crazy going from a ND to a Grenadier, only because the ND is such an incredible vehicle that gives me incredible joy. However I purchased it because of the heritage and the Grenadier reaches further back to the heritage of the original Defender. What color and options to you choose for your Grenadier. DaBull
Hi DaBull
Went for Trialmaster in MM with safari glass, black grey leather, three quarter roof rack, wing tread plates and 18” steelies. Going to add an aftermarket side step also just not sure which yet.
Beginning to waver on the bigger steels as my agent said there is more tyre range in NZ for the 17’s. I had optioned the larger ones as I do a lot of road miles and I was hoping for less body roll.
Might change for the bull bar now 🤷🏼‍♂️
Have also spec’d a diesel but after issues with the DPF in my old Disco V I’m now wondering whether to go petrol … again 🤷🏼‍♂️
Very much first world problems 😆

Back
Top Bottom