The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

Chris Maynard

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
Odd, I show two preorder numbers under my name but the same Configuration Code. I also don’t understand the date in Aug as my pre-order date. I placed mine mid-June and have the email confirmation from IG 🤷🏻‍♂️

Both orders are for the same dealership in NC at least😂😂

I guess I’ll be giving IG a call tomorrow to sort this out.

IMG_1992.png

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Odd, I show two preorder numbers under my name but the same Configuration Code. I also don’t understand the date in Aug as my pre-order date. I placed mine mid-June and have the email confirmation from IG 🤷🏻‍♂️

Both orders are for the same dealership in NC at least😂😂

I guess I’ll be giving IG a call tomorrow to sort this out.

View attachment 7824562
Ineos gives you a pre order time based on when you placed the original order. I am in the 9300s and had my order time as June 27th. They are doing order entry manually to put them in order as far as I have heard. I was told in May that they had just hit 8k US orders, so with you being in the 17ks, they may be almost caught up with entry.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos gives you a pre order time based on when you placed the original order. I am in the 9300s and had my order time as June 27th. They are doing order entry manually to put them in order as far as I have heard. I was told in May that they had just hit 8k US orders, so with you being in the 17ks, they may be almost caught up with entry.
I placed my original order June 17. I don’t know where IG is getting the Aug date from…let alone two dates in Aug.

Am I understanding your response correctly? I do appreciate the response. Maybe the fact that these are being entered manually is the source of the apparent error in my case.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I placed my original order June 17. I don’t know where IG is getting the Aug date from…let alone two dates in Aug.

Am I understanding your response correctly? I do appreciate the response. Maybe the fact that these are being entered manually is the source of the apparent error in my case.
So your order is June 17, but it wasn't queued by Ineos until August. That part I wouldn't worry about. The 2 orders part is odd, though, and I would call unless you do want 2 Grens!

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
In respect to the soon to be announced dealers, why would someone not use their local BMW to service any engine/transmission issues? Seems more logical to have a BMW trained technician than a Nissan/Toyota/GMS/Ford/etc dealership that happens to sell the Grenadier.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In respect to the soon to be announced dealers, why would someone not use their local BMW to service any engine/transmission issues? Seems more logical to have a BMW trained technician than a Nissan/Toyota/GMS/Ford/etc dealership that happens to sell the Grenadier.
Any BMW dealer, if not an Ineos franchise dealer, won't have the tools to work on the Ineos and would not be able to perform warranty work since they are not a franchise dealer.

Now if you wanted them to do oil change or brake pads, I guess good luck on the risk for them screwing it up on "the funny foreign car".

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That "Nissan/Toyota/GM/Ford" technician wouldn't be working on the Grenadier.... It would be an Ineos trained technician.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Very pleased confirmed early as I highly recommended Knauz (BMW, Mercedes, JLR, etc) to Greg Clark at Chicago event on Feb 22, '22.

Selecting Orloff dealership likely to have been a repeat nightmare experience (although they less than 5 miles from me).

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos factory trained service provider is always better than a service provider that is factory trained on just the engine in this case.

One of the best Hummer techs in the US worked at a Toyota dealership that happened to be a Hummer dealer. He was factory trained.

Local time
Reaction score
My log-in page to Ineos, briefly showed a phone number to call in Boston area. Reverse searching the phone number revealed..

I know this shop! It's suburban Boston, convenient. I've seen their Toyota Tacoma's out front they have upgraded. They don't strike me as a dealership, however, as they sell parts to make a vehicle better in remote off road situations (nav, radio, suspension, cargo management, etc.) A dealership would be like "Herb Chambers," or someone that has a license to sell and service an auto.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The folks in “Boston” and maybe the folks in Utah depending who it is (😉) aren’t traditional dealers and TBH, the two that might, should it be them, I find the most intriguing. It’s a shame I’m not closer to either one.

Local time
Reaction score
The folks in “Boston” and maybe the folks in Utah depending who it is (😉) aren’t traditional dealers and TBH, the two that might, should it be them, I find the most intriguing. It’s a shame I’m not closer to either one.
I don't know the zoning, but a dealership can handle the by-products of fixing a car (batteries, oil, tires, etc). I'm not sure an upgrade store has the same zoning allowances for handling and disposing of motor fuel and related wastes. Think of the insurance a car dealership probably has on all their inventory?! There's probably a whole host of additional compliance and regulations that make it necessary to then have throughput to pay off the regulatory requirements. Do you know when the announcement date is?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know the zoning, but a dealership can handle the by-products of fixing a car (batteries, oil, tires, etc). I'm not sure an upgrade store has the same zoning allowances for handling and disposing of motor fuel and related wastes. Think of the insurance a car dealership probably has on all their inventory?! There's probably a whole host of additional compliance and regulations that make it necessary to then have throughput to pay off the regulatory requirements. Do you know when the announcement date is?
Spet 28th is the announcement. Let's hold judgement until we hear. I will say the tire shop I go to is listed as a tire shop. But, they do oil changes, tune ups, suspension upgrades and fixes. Pretty much everything a dealer can do so who knows what is required.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all - if you’ve placed your preorder you were given a default dealer who I believe will be geographically closest to you. I thought we could look at this since we don’t actually know where they’ll be.

No, not at all. Dealers will be announced this week.

Back
Top Bottom