The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer default locations for US pre-order

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
So what happens to us when we need warranty repair - hope they strike a deal with BMW or someone.
Either you'll be going to an Ineos dealership or the mobile service techs may be able to do some of the work

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So what happens to us when we need warranty repair - hope they strike a deal with BMW or someone.
Don’t know other than what they stated was their plan to have dealers as well as service centers. My assumption is that they’ll have more authorized service centers than dealers as the network expands in the future. It’s definitely a risk.

As it stands now, a 2-1/2hr (one-way) drive would not be fun for me, especially if it takes multiple trips to get it done. Hopefully you have better luck in your area.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
Don’t know other than what they stated was their plan to have dealers as well as service centers. My assumption is that they’ll have more authorized service centers than dealers as the network expands in the future. It’s definitely a risk.

As it stands now, a 2-1/2hr (one-way) drive would not be fun for me, especially if it takes multiple trips to get it done. Hopefully you have better luck in your area.
Unfortunately in southern CA it's not the miles as much as the time. Something 40 miles away could be a 2+ hour drive. I'm near several large dealers selling everything from Honda to Rolls Royce and other exotics in town - so hopefully given that they handle such small marques that Grenadier may be a perfect fit (in my dreams).

Local time
Reaction score
I live in upstate SC and got ATL or Greensboro, NC as choices. I picked NC for no other reason than I go up north more often than I go to ATL. Distance//time was more/less the same.
I'm in Charleston, haven't placed my pre-order yet. Maybe they can get a bimmer dealer in Columbia to help us out. Greensboro is a helluva hike from here, although closer than ATL. I'd rather not get one than have to deal w/ATL, co-worker has a Rivian and that's the closest dealer for him. He's ignoring the recalls (non-safety related) and a mobile tech has been able to fix his other issues. Would be nice if there was a similar option for us.

Local time
Reaction score

I'm not as bad off as some, but I'm looking at a 4.5-5 hour one way. Which is currently my main holdup WRT placing my order. It probably should be a deal breaker, but I'm still not quite out yet.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My drive to the closest dealer (Philly) will be 1.5 H which I’m ok with. But, if there’s any issues that will require multiple days, hopefully the dealer will offer loaners for warranty work. It need not be a IG but something to get me home and mobile while they have my truck.

Local time
Reaction score
My drive to the closest dealer (Philly) will be 1.5 H which I’m ok with. But, if there’s any issues that will require multiple days, hopefully the dealer will offer loaners for warranty work. It need not be a IG but something to get me home and mobile while they have my truck.
I lived in NJ for a year, back in the late 90s (Clifton). Is that 1.5 hrs normal time or NJ "why aren't cars moving I just need to go a mile" time? Hehehe. Joking aside, I did enjoy my time there. Contrary to stereotypes, it's not all Sopranos and there are a lot of pretty areas.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I lived in NJ for a year, back in the late 90s (Clifton). Is that 1.5 hrs normal time or NJ "why aren't cars moving I just need to go a mile" time? Hehehe. Joking aside, I did enjoy my time there. Contrary to stereotypes, it's not all Sopranos and there are a lot of pretty areas.
Two words: Rutts Hut.

Local time
Reaction score
Two words: Rutts Hut.
Oh man, my house mates (who, unlike me, were locals) failed me, never made it there. I still keep in touch w/those guys, I need to rib 'em for not telling me about that gem!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously!? Oh man. The rippers. The chili. Their own blend of mustard. The birch beer! You certainly missed out.

For those non-New Jerseyians - RUTTS HUT is an amazingly good yet shady hot dog joint. Was a huge hangout back in the day when my folks were in high school (64/65). The parking lot was full of American muscle cars, angsty teens, and greasy food.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in Charleston, haven't placed my pre-order yet. Maybe they can get a bimmer dealer in Columbia to help us out. Greensboro is a helluva hike from here, although closer than ATL. I'd rather not get one than have to deal w/ATL, co-worker has a Rivian and that's the closest dealer for him. He's ignoring the recalls (non-safety related) and a mobile tech has been able to fix his other issues. Would be nice if there was a similar option for us.
Agreed. I was hoping for something closer as well…at least Charlotte to compete with the LR driving school in Asheville😂

When I placed mine it was ATL, Greensboro, NC, and Tampa, Fl. Not sure how quickly the dealership network is updating, but hopefully by the end of summer or fall there will be someone a little closer. Columbia would be nice. Maybe BMW HQ will give’em some floor space in Spartanburg, haha. I’m in Greenville.

I think you should place your order with that assumption in mind because you’re still not committed either way...not yet. It gives you options to decline later but still be in the queue if you do decide to purchase vs. being at the back of the line and potential ADM later if the IG launch is a hit. I’m definitely not 100% sold yet, but I’m going to stay in the game as long as I‘m not loosing anything. When it does come to putting my money where my mouth is, I‘ll make the best choice based on the information I have at the time.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I placed mine it was ATL, Greensboro, NC, and Tampa, Fl. Not sure how quickly the dealership network is updating, but hopefully by the end of summer or fall there will be someone a little closer. Columbia would be nice. Maybe BMW HQ will give’em some floor space in Spartanburg, haha. I’m in Greenville.
I'm pretty confident we won't see any other dealers added until middle of '24 at the absolute earliest (to ramp up for the double cab). Given that the map lists locations coming "Late '24", I don't see why they would go and add others before that point.

I also doubt that BMW would give them (nor would Ineos take) floor space, for the same reasons why the Ineos dealerships aren't linked to BMW or BMW dealerships

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Supposedly any Bosch certified shop can do work on the Gren.
I hope so, especially for simple things.

I don;’t know if some EU-Wennie looked at Colorado and picked Colorado SPrings over DEnver because it was more in the middle…. Why in God’s name would you not put it in Denver? Like where all the people are?

The Towing allowance better be pretty good for dead vehicles since it could easily be 100 miles from the north side of Denver.

My wife is going to be seriously like WTF when I tell her the dealer and service is in The Springs…. With traffic on I-25, that isn’t a fun drive. What is the oil change interval? If it’s 3000miles, you’ll burn 10% going back and forth…

Plus there are going to be the lunches at the Broadmoor…

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score

I don;’t know if some EU-Wennie looked at Colorado and picked Colorado SPrings over DEnver because it was more in the middle…. Why in God’s name would you not put it in Denver? Like where all the people are?

The Towing allowance better be pretty good for dead vehicles since it could easily be 100 miles from the north side of Denver.

My wife is going to be seriously like WTF when I tell her the dealer and service is in The Springs…. With traffic on I-25, that isn’t a fun drive. What is the oil change interval? If it’s 3000miles, you’ll burn 10% going back and forth…

I was out but this might make me reconsider. C Springs is very close for me.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If the dealer(s) who applied for the franchise were better suited to the brand and it's needs in the Springs, that is probably why they got it. Also, the dealers are generally located close-ish to high concentrations of reservation holders, not just overall population

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score

You can get oil changes anywhere and tires rotated anywhere. I am in KC and my closest is Dallas or Co Springs.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Guess I’m lucky, assigned “Newport” assuming Newport Beach 92663, about 15 mins away. @Kb6tho not sure how you got Ladera Ranch from the Newport name/zip (?), maybe I missed something. I worry it’ll just be a boutique sales office with little to no service capabilities, like many of the other exotic car showrooms in Newport.

Back
Top Bottom