The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Contact expected from Ineos in July 2023?

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
I asked INEOS Customer Service today about this. Response:

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive. If you have not the pre-order confirmation yesterday, I can confirm that we will send you one in the next couple of days.
HoldMyBeer, solid news update! Let's hope the poor customer service rep @ IA read the "updated memo" correctly. staying positive 👍🏼

You would think AI would shoot out an email to all of us Grenadier preorders addicts stating "hey guys, we need a few more days to tally up all the orders", & not just remove the word "JULY" from the pre-order page.

this is how a "more realistic" phone call would sound with IA over pre-order dates if I called...

Me: Hey IA, everything ok there with my pre-order?
Ineos Grenadier Support: Uh, everything is under control. Situation normal.
Me: What happened?
Ineos Grenadier Support: Uh, had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
Me: You guys removed the word July from my pre-order page, I'm a little concerned, is there any chance you could..
Ineos Grenadier Support
: Uh, uh, negative, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak... very dangerous.

Just a bit of Han Solo humor for ya....

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:51 AM
Reaction score
I have to say that Ineos owes a huge debt to the people that run this website. If it weren't for this website and the info I get here, I would have abandoned my reservation a loooong time ago. I know it is just aug 1st, but the lack of communication is really off putting.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to say that Ineos owes a huge debt to the people that run this website. If it weren't for this website and the info I get here, I would have abandoned my reservation a loooong time ago. I know it is just aug 1st, but the lack of communication is really off putting.
*person

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. Please post any news from IA about any updated timelines. I'm not a huge "forum guy" at all, but "theineosforum" has been the #1 place to collect information about the entire Grenadier process for quite some time now, this is a huge reason I joined up.
Thanks Stu.

Im hoping my patience with IA pays off.
Got an email back last night w a note saying once your dealer is established in September they will be reaching out about my order. I replied back that I was expecting an expected build date from their previous email. Another person replied that the dealer would contact me about converting to a real order and no mention of the expected build date. I’m going to infer from this conversation that the dealer network is now going to control our orders and not just be the conduit for delivering/servicing our Grenadiers. Staying positive though, but disappointed given the amount of good information we were getting previously.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m going to infer from this conversation that the dealer network is now going to control our orders and not just be the conduit for delivering/servicing our Grenadiers.
This has been the "pathway" for a very long time, definitely since early Spring at least

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
This has been the "pathway" for a very long time, definitely since early Spring at least
I’m not concerned with them managing the orders, more concerned with controlling the orders. Dealers play games aka Inventory orders where can sell at a markup instead of prioritizing our orders w price protection.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not concerned with them managing the orders, more concerned with controlling the orders. Dealers play games aka Inventory orders where can sell at a markup instead of prioritizing our orders w price protection.
And why I am excited to see the new Land Cruiser, considering putting a deposit on a GX550 and still thinking a new Colorado ZR2 would suit me just fine

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And why I am excited to see the new Land Cruiser, considering putting a deposit on a GX550 and still thinking a new Colorado ZR2 would suit me just fine
Because magically those things would never happen with Toyota or Chevrolet..... [/sarcasm]

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100% agree, this whole drawn-out process feels like some sort of multi-year long quest.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
when might the planning be done?
11:23 AM

Agent said
We're working closely with our colleagues in the Hambach factory, in order to communicate delivery dates. We understand your frustration at the lack of build dates. We were slower to produce Grenadiers than expected and we are currently undertaking quality checks and software updates on produced Grenadiers. You'll receive an automatic email when your vehicle is in production. As of now, your vehicle is awaiting production.
11:24 AM

Local time
Reaction score
We're working closely with our colleagues in the Hambach factory, in order to communicate delivery dates. We understand your frustration at the lack of build dates. We were slower to produce Grenadiers than expected and we are currently undertaking quality checks and software updates on produced Grenadiers. You'll receive an automatic email when your vehicle is in production. As of now, your vehicle is awaiting production.
Is that the first time IA has acknowledged that quality checks and software updates are affecting the production schedule?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Two things, why couldnt I edit my original post?

B: Who would thumbs down what I said?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Two things, why couldnt I edit my original post?

B: Who would thumbs down what I said?
After a few moments editing a post is locked unless you are a supporter of the forum IIRC

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
After a few moments editing a post is locked unless you are a supporter of the forum IIRC
O.T. You have 1500 minutes to edit any post you have made. Different supporting tiers have different privileges. Click on your avatar and account upgrades for a bit more info.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got an email back last night w a note saying once your dealer is established in September they will be reaching out about my order. I replied back that I was expecting an expected build date from their previous email. Another person replied that the dealer would contact me about converting to a real order and no mention of the expected build date. I’m going to infer from this conversation that the dealer network is now going to control our orders and not just be the conduit for delivering/servicing our Grenadiers. Staying positive though, but disappointed given the amount of good information we were getting previously.
This is a little disappointing and not what was expected (at least by me) from the previous comms from Ineos. Essentially the “Pre-Order” process was sort of meaningless and to get a factory slot you will have to negotiate with a third party. I suspect our local dealer will be starting from scratch and will in no way be ready for anything by September, but we’ll see.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is a little disappointing and not what was expected (at least by me) from the previous comms from Ineos. Essentially the “Pre-Order” process was sort of meaningless and to get a factory slot you will have to negotiate with a third party. I suspect our local dealer will be starting from scratch and will in no way be ready for anything by September, but we’ll see.
Your build order is secured by the fact that you have pre-ordered and had a reservation (making an assumption on the last part)

Local time
Reaction score
Here is an email I received yesterday (August 5, 2023)

Hi Jeffrey,

I hope this email finds you well.

Apologies for the delay in communicating your production slot. The pre-orders have been more successful than anticipated, which is a nice problem to have; however, it has meant that we will now be communicating the production slots in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your understanding as we go through this process.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Apple May

Back
Top Bottom