The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Contact expected from Ineos in July 2023?

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
We haven't recieved any sort of update of our pre-order status on the Ineos website but we did amend it after the June 30th cutoff date. We have had those changes confirmed directly via email. Twice.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I know Mildred is borderline carpal tunnel inputting all our info on 3 part carbon triplicate forms through her Smith-Corona, but I just checked my preorder status (again), and didn't this placeholder used to have a July reference?

View attachment 7821592
You forgot to mention the overflowing ashtray filled with spent Lucky's and the room thick with smoke which is the aroma of dreams crushed. The cup on her desk - 3 days from fresh - still smells of cheap bourbon and battery acid coffee. All the while the relentless overtyping with the requisite loud end of carriage bells sounds like a low grade boxing match where even the fighter cant find value in continuing....

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
A stand alone Cadillac dealership? Not BMW at all, this is kinda big news
I'll say it in bold for the people in the back.... INEOS DEALERSHIPS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BMW, if the same group has a BMW dealer, that's great, but there is no service network, requirement, or training with BMW dealers. BMW technicians have no idea how to work on a Grenaider except for the mechanicals of the engine.

Dealerships were chosen based on their proximity to reservation holder clusters, and the rest of the criteria laid out by Ineos North America (which, in part, looked at their reviews, customer base, facilities, and their willingness to have after sales customer interactions)

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'll say it in bold for the people in the back.... INEOS DEALERSHIPS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH BMW, if the same group has a BMW dealer, that's great, but there is no service network, requirement, or training with BMW dealers. BMW technicians have no idea how to work on a Grenaider except for the mechanicals of the engine.

Dealerships were chosen based on their proximity to reservation holder clusters, and the rest of the criteria laid out by Ineos North America (which, in part, looked at their reviews, customer base, facilities, and their willingness to have after sales customer interactions)
Yeah, obviously they don't have anything to do with BMW dealers. No need to be snarky.

I was a district manager for GM and had Cadillac dealers out west. I would prefer a BMW service tech on a BMW powertrain versus a GM tech working on a "funny foreign" car. Sure anyone can learn it, but if they see one Grenadier a month, they won't have much practical experience, versus a BMW dealer doing only current BMW powertrains all day every day.

"Oh, our 1 Ineos service tech is out this week, gonna have to wait, my other techs don't know" - scenario already happened to European owners in this forum.

We will see, but it's pretty clear to anyone what is going to happen and what is preferred.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@GoneNative the fact is that it is more likely that something other than the engine and transmission will need service/repair, and those BMW techs will be just as confused as the GM tech... At least the GM tech is used to working on something that is body on frame.

To be fair, the overall simplicity of working on the Grenadier really does serve it well. Everything has fairly easy and direct access, even to those who have not been deeply trained on it

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A quick googling shows that for the "Carolinas" dealer, it currently lists the owner of the dealer group's cell phone number... May not hurt to jot that one down for future reference!

For those wondering, the Carolinas dealer is listed as MAMCO HP, which is the Mills Automotive group (they currently have Alfa, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevy, Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram/Fiat, Ford/Lincoln, Honda, Hyundai/Genesis, Infinity, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota, and VW stores). It does not however, give their exact location as of yet.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
@GoneNative the fact is that it is more likely that something other than the engine and transmission will need service/repair, and those BMW techs will be just as confused as the GM tech... At least the GM tech is used to working on something that is body on frame.

To be fair, the overall simplicity of working on the Grenadier really does serve it well. Everything has fairly easy and direct access, even to those who have not been deeply trained on it
You and I are on the same page, we will repair it, in field, the other software junk, let these dealers plug in and update things :cool:

One more thing from that small image, strange to me the dealer is not DBA "Ineos of Colorado Springs" or something. Polestar has a real dealer network (on the framework of Volvo), and they had dealer points called "Polestar Detroit" for example before the dealer building was made and when the location was announced. It wasn't announced as "Volvo Farmington hills will be your dealer" for example.

I doubt the Ineos franchise is mandatory stand alone building, but hopefully at least there will be a business/dealer called Ineos?

With my luck, my local dealer will be a Kia dealer 😂 taking my $80k Ineos to the Kia dealer!

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I am surprised that the dealer is only in the springs.. but maybe cause of New Mexico orders? No idea..

But if someone can help me secure $100k to get an auto dealership license and open a Denver location hit me up! For real no jokes I know we could kill it!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know that there are states with out even a single dealer, but Colorado is 20% bigger than Great Britian and we get one dealer, AND it would be like putting the one dealer in Birmingham... No offense, but fudge New Mexico. They couldn't find a 4x4 oriented dealer in Denver? I feel bad for all the northern I-25 corridor people that will have to slog through DEnver traffic, which is nearly 7 days a week, 18 hours a day now.

Ineos REALLY needs to talk more about the sub-dealer maintenance options. If I have to go to the Springs to chase down electrical gremlins?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
I know that there are states with out even a single dealer, but Colorado is 20% bigger than Great Britian and we get one dealer, AND it would be like putting the one dealer in Birmingham... No offense, but fudge New Mexico. They couldn't find a 4x4 oriented dealer in Denver? I feel bad for all the northern I-25 corridor people that will have to slog through DEnver traffic, which is nearly 7 days a week, 18 hours a day now.

Ineos REALLY needs to talk more about the sub-dealer maintenance options. If I have to go to the Springs to chase down electrical gremlins?
Considering Australia and mainland USA are almost the same size, but USA has 13 times more people (330 Million compared to 25 Million) we have 28 full service dealers compared to US 21.
I still have to travel 300kms or 185 miles to get to my dealer.
If anyone in Alice Springs (centre of Australia) wants one they will need to drive 1,500kms to Darwin or Adelaide for service.

1690751200958.png1690751299115.png
True size of USA compared to Australia
1690751572695.png

sean303boards

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I already have a space under lease that would work right on Broadway..have a bmw master tech ready to tackle any IG that needs work.. sadly I put all my money into buying a house and using the rest to put towards my reservation 😂

If only I knew their dealer plans before hand.. looking at how random the network is.. definitely would have approached them with a business plan. I was expecting something like rivian and didn’t think it would have been feasible.

Local time
Reaction score
So it’s 7/31 aka last day of July. I had expected an email saying something about their promised timeline to be in touch w us not being met. So I sent an email and have a case number. If I missed a deadline for a client, I would at minimum give them a heads up, right?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If only I knew their dealer plans before hand.. looking at how random the network is.. definitely would have approached them with a business plan. I was expecting something like rivian and didn’t think it would have been feasible.
Dealer network is specifically centered around reservation holders and among other things, you needed to have existing dealerships in order to be considered

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Colorado while a great state only has 5.8M people while GB has 67M - think they win the number of dealerships contest. I feel for ya - its going to be the same in the LA Greater Metro area - 1 dealer for some 30M people

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So it’s 7/31 aka last day of July. I had expected an email saying something about their promised timeline to be in touch w us not being met. So I sent an email and have a case number. If I missed a deadline for a client, I would at minimum give them a heads up, right?
My thoughts as well. Please post any news from IA about any updated timelines. I'm not a huge "forum guy" at all, but "theineosforum" has been the #1 place to collect information about the entire Grenadier process for quite some time now, this is a huge reason I joined up.
Thanks Stu.

Im hoping my patience with IA pays off.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. Please post any news from IA about any updated timelines. I'm not a huge "forum guy" at all, but "theineosforum" has been the #1 place to collect information about the entire Grenadier process for quite some time now, this is a huge reason I joined up.
Thanks Stu.

Im hoping my patience with IA pays off.
We are all hoping our patience pays off too!

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked INEOS Customer Service today about this. Response:

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive. If you have not the pre-order confirmation yesterday, I can confirm that we will send you one in the next couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom