The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 AM
Reaction score
My pre order is still showing Q1 delivery, but it isn't even production yet... What are the chances?
Mine still shows 'In Production' (and has for 6 months) but I've had it for more than a month. Your designated dealer would be the best source of information. If your build has a VIN, you can start looking on boats to see if it's shipped yet or how close the serial numbers on the boats are to yours. That gives you a place to start.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had their safari window seals replaced at Elliott Bay? My seals are leaking.
IMG_5696.jpgIMG_5695.jpg

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any updates?
Yes, I have spoken with Bailey a couple of times and he has offered to help. I am very happy with their response.
I have postponed help hoping to get tow hitch and transfer case shifter assembly done at the same time. Turns out my windshield seal is at least part of the problem. I will call again Monday and schedule.
IMG_5706.jpg

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenadier yesterday and there are some positives and at least one negative.

Elliott Bay was great. There were a few issues to deal with and they offered a rental. I have another vehicle so I asked if they could give me a ride (2 plus hours) instead and they did.
I now have a trailer hitch - awesome. They installed a the tcase shifter pin assembly and it seems to shift into low easier than before. They resealed my safari seals. They reattached the molding above the windshield. They said the molding was not a seal and was only there to direct water. Supposed to rain again starting today. It will be easy to see if the water leak is actually fixed.

They said they found my tcase leak and fixed it. They did not, same 2-3 drops of gear oil on the garage floor this morning. So happy and frustrated at the same time. They will be getting a call from me this morning when they open. They already diagnosed it incorrectly even after I offered pictures and information from others that appeared to have the exact leak. Sh!t

Last edited:

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenadier yesterday and there are some positives and at least one negative.

Elliott Bay was great. There were a few issues to deal with and they offered a rental. I have another vehicle so I asked if they could give me a ride (2 plus hours) instead and they did.
I now have a trailer hitch - awesome. They installed a ne tcase shifter pin assembly and it seems to shift into low easier than before. They resealed my safari seals. They reattached the molding above the windshield. They said the molding was not a seal and was only there to direct water. Supposed to rain again starting today. It will be easy to see if the water leak is actually fixed.

They said they found my tcase leak and fixed it. They did not, same 2-3 drops of gear oil on the garage floor this morning. So happy and frustrated at the same time. They will be getting a call from me this morning when they open. They already diagnosed it incorrectly even after I offered pictures and information from others that appeared to have the exact leak. Sh!t
Hopefully they get the t-case leak solved. I’m curious if they tested the new safari seals with a garden hose or was it the “hope and pray” method?

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully they get the t-case leak solved. I’m curious if they tested the new safari seals with a garden hose or was it the “hope and pray” method?
Thanks, they said they used a hose and sprayed the safari windows for an extended amount of time. I go back on the 28th and will drive in the rain every chance I get between now and then. I still love the vehicle!

Cheers.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I now have a trailer hitch - awesome. They installed a ne tcase shifter pin assembly and it seems to shift into low easier than before. They resealed my safari seals. They reattached the molding above the windshield. They said the molding was not a seal and was only there to direct water. Supposed to rain again starting today. It will be easy to see if the water leak is actually fixed.

Hi PNW_IG, Congratulations on picking up your Grenadier. Hope they can easily fix the tcase leak.
I have Shale Blue too. DaBull

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi PNW_IG, Congratulations on picking up your Grenadier. Hope they can easily fix the tcase leak.
I have Shale Blue too. DaBull
Great minds!!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
...They installed a the tcase shifter pin assembly and it seems to shift into low easier than before....
Is this an official IA fix for the pin issue? I still have a cable tie around my shifter as a precaution.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is this an official IA fix for the pin issue? I still have a cable tie around my shifter as a precaution.
I believe so. When I told them my pin was loose they said they will need to replace the entire assembly and they had them in stock.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fix is just replacing it if you have a loose pin... From what I've been told unless it falls out early in ownership, you're good and it is probably in there for life

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fix is just replacing it if you have a loose pin... From what I've been told unless it falls out early in ownership, you're good and it is probably in there for life
Dice worth rolling?

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dice worth rolling?
I am an 8/23 build. We did a group outing with the dealer in Feb. and one owner had his pin fall out during the trail ride. It seems to only get lose when you lift the collar. I kept my finger on the pin as I pulled it up until the end of the day when I forgot. The pin came out 85% when I remembered and I was able to push it back in. A dealer employee was standing at my door talking to me when it happened. He told me they would replace the assembly and they would set aside one for me. Good to their word, all fixed. Hopefully this is only early deliveries and not an issue for the rest.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom