The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Is the RTA only applicable for certain zip codes? I’m in unincorporated king county and I have not had to pay RTA on any of my vehicles (x3 Land Cruisers, Audi Q5, Dodge 2500)
Yes. Unfortunately I'm in NE Seattle so I am at their mercy.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for you, but glad for me.
Trust me I'd live out there if I could but need to be in town for work. There are so many beautiful places in King County that don't have to deal with the headaches we get here. Every time I go hiking or head out for grouse or waterfowl around here I'm blown away that people still choose to live in town.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there anyone who already got their IG, is called back to the dealership to put on the Tow hitch and upgrade the software yet ?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Is there anyone who already got their IG, is called back to the dealership to put on the Tow hitch and upgrade the software yet ?
Someone posted that Red Noland (I believe) was starting to schedule people for next week; I'm sure others will follow suit

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am going to the Feb 3rd event where I am sure it will come up. I will share any info I get. I am hoping they can do hitch and fix stuck door handles at the same time.

Cheers.

MGSIII

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Picking mine up on Friday. Dealership has been great so far, including my salesperson Pat Wiseman. Really looking forward to Friday morning!

Attachments

• Grenadier 1.jpg
    Grenadier 1.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Grenadier 2.jpg
    Grenadier 2.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Grenadier 3.jpg
    Grenadier 3.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 21

MGSIII

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Picking mine up on Friday. Dealership has been great so far, including my salesperson Pat Wiseman. Really looking forward to Friday morning!
I got pricing last night and Elliot Bay is adding thousands for the installation of dealer installed accessories, despite the fact that many dealerships are not. No breakdown or explanation of the charges, just a big lump sum for them to install options when there is no explanation from Ineos or Elliot Bay on which options are dealer installed and which are manufacturer installed, nor is there any mention of this an option from the dealership in the Ineos paperwork except the statement that the price excludes "optional features that may be available from your local retailer." That does not imply that the selected features through the manufacturer are subject to additional charges. I'm disappointed that this pricing was not made clear earlier when it was easy to select to purchase through another dealer that was not doing this add-on. Not sure whether I will take delivery now. Also not convinced that they wouldn't play games with this pricing since there is no breakdown or explanation, no options that I can select or deselect to impact their mystery pricing, and it's possible that they may have a preferred buyer for this vehicle and might be adding charges to induce me to walk away from it in order to resell it.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got pricing last night and Elliot Bay is adding thousands for the installation of dealer installed accessories, despite the fact that many dealerships are not. No breakdown or explanation of the charges, just a big lump sum for them to install options when there is no explanation from Ineos or Elliot Bay on which options are dealer installed and which are manufacturer installed, nor is there any mention of this an option from the dealership in the Ineos paperwork except the statement that the price excludes "optional features that may be available from your local retailer." That does not imply that the selected features through the manufacturer are subject to additional charges. I'm disappointed that this pricing was not made clear earlier when it was easy to select to purchase through another dealer that was not doing this add-on. Not sure whether I will take delivery now. Also not convinced that they wouldn't play games with this pricing since there is no breakdown or explanation, no options that I can select or deselect to impact their mystery pricing, and it's possible that they may have a preferred buyer for this vehicle and might be adding charges to induce me to walk away from it in order to resell it.
For me it will be I think 570 or so for the part and install of the checker plates. You can add up the price for your accessories and subtract it from EBs lump sum to get the labor costs. I wasn't sure on dealer costs at order time but know Seattle ain't cheap so I didn't tick any other boxes to limit my surprises.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me it will be I think 570 or so for the part and install of the checker plates. You can add up the price for your accessories and subtract it from EBs lump sum to get the labor costs. I wasn't sure on dealer costs at order time but know Seattle ain't cheap so I didn't tick any other boxes to limit my surprises.
Hi Bruce, When I pre-ordered my Grenadier on May 31, 2023, the checker plate option was $330. That means they are charing you $240 labor. At todays per hour rates, that may not be too much other than other dealerships are not charging at all. It's my understanding that my dealer, Rusnak Pasadena, is charging for installation of options. Have no idea how much yet. I am going to do my own install on the checker plates, not so much to save money, just to do it my way. DaBull

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What boxes did you check?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is unfortunate, but is also the reason I ordered mine without any dealer installed options.

MGSIII

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
To their credit, Elliot Bay cleaned up a lot of the mess with transparency and clarity on all of their charges. This is an imperfect system at this point in the development of both Ineos as a company and the relationship with the dealership.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To their credit, Elliot Bay cleaned up a lot of the mess with transparency and clarity on all of their charges. This is an imperfect system at this point in the development of both Ineos as a company and the relationship with the dealership.

You always got to double check the numbers and be straight up with the dealer. They have to hand out the itemized summary.
I just had the Table as option and I was not charged any installation from EB.

Also, check the refund of $800 for Tow hitch issue if you qualify for it.

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You always got to double check the numbers and be straight up with the dealer. They have to hand out the itemized summary.
I just had the Table as option and I was not charged any installation from EB.

Also, check the refund of $800 for Tow hitch issue if you qualify for it.

Just to clarify:
The only option I had was a Table and I told EB to not install it as I am not sure If I need the Table for now.
This is Why I was not charged for the installation.

I had a great experience with Elliot bay and both Pat and Eric(GM) were very helpful !!

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My pre order is still showing Q1 delivery, but it isn't even production yet... What are the chances?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My pre order is still showing Q1 delivery, but it isn't even production yet... What are the chances?
Mine still shows as in production but I've had it 6 weeks. Did you check with EB to see if you have a VIN yet?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to the website? If so, never believe the website

Back
Top Bottom