The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Contact expected from Ineos in July 2023?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
I will be traveling next month (July 2023) and fear I might miss a communication from Ineos (I am a reservation holder and have submitted a pre-order). Could someone remind me what it is we are to expect in July regarding the order process?

Mallig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
According the the email I received, they will be contacting us in July to "Finalise Pre-Order". The email says "We will be in touch in July 2023 to confirm your Grenadier specifications and provide you with an estimated delivery date at that time. Please note, any changes to your pre-order may result in a later production date."

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought about it, but I wonder if this will just be an email or an actual call? I could see a call to get an idea how committed to delivery the person is.

I hope that the options listing and acceptance is a bit clearer than current communications. A more solid- Yes/No than just a list and dollar amounts would be more informative. Dealer identification is later than July, right?

Local time
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought about it, but I wonder if this will just be an email or an actual call? I could see a call to get an idea how committed to delivery the person is.

I hope that the options listing and acceptance is a bit clearer than current communications. A more solid- Yes/No than just a list and dollar amounts would be more informative. Dealer identification is later than July, right?
I expect it will be nothing more than an email (hopefully listing your pre-order options/accessories) that provides an approximate build date, with a phone number to call if you want to change anything.

As for the NA dealer announcement, IA's May 31 email said the timing would be "from September," i.e., September at the earliest. In the latest Q&A video, Greg Clark said they would announce dealers "after" the July order confirmation, but admitted he was being "intentionally vague about the exact timing" due to the hodgepodge of state and provincial laws across the US and Canada re auto manufacturers and dealers. My money is on September.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone who placed a pre-order actually been contacted yet in the US? I am still waiting.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nope. And when I log in to the IG website it still says it won’t be visible until July.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, Ineos IT systems are crap:
  • I still have a reservation (since the prime beginning)
  • I have no order (never had)
  • But I am the owner of a car
Shame for Ineos ...
  • they have the money to build a decent up-to-date IT system
  • but they prefer to spend (at least in Europe) their money on a team of (probably) externalized customer service who don't have access to the right information, and who call you back, without knowing anything about your particular case.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Shame for Ineos ...
  • but they prefer to spend (at least in Europe) their money on a team of (probably) externalized customer service who don't have access to the right information, and who call you back, without knowing anything about your particular case.
And even have the spare £5bn to try to buy an English football team.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
Shame for Ineos ...
I received these two emails from Ineos on 26th June 2022, referencing two different case numbers.
I am sure someone will contact me eventually to tell me what they are about.
These were both a month before I placed my order so no idea what I may have been enquiring about, or any memory of doing it.

1690062470808.png1690062504492.png

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Shame for Ineos ...
Quick q if I can trouble you - I'm looking at some of the drawer systems that make the rear area the same level as when the seats are folded down. In your IG - what is the measure where the rear seat bottoms are folded and touch in the front seats to the closed rear door; trying to see how long of a sleep platform that would give me.
Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 3.19.58 PM.png

Local time
Reaction score
Hi all - any word from Ineos as to when production vehicles may be available to road test in the States? At the NY offroad event, one of the Ineos reps mentioned possibly July/August. . . although maybe they'll wait until the dealer network is established. Would love to drive one on asphalt before having to actually pay for my pre-order.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all - any word from Ineos as to when production vehicles may be available to road test in the States? At the NY offroad event, one of the Ineos reps mentioned possibly July/August. . . although maybe they'll wait until the dealer network is established. Would love to drive one on asphalt before having to actually pay for my pre-order.
It'll be after the dealer network is established, I would imagine no sooner than September; so still vastly prior to paying for your vehicle

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nope. And when I log in to the IG website it still says it won’t be visible until July.
On 7/14/23 mine updated to a Pre-Order with a new number and I can click on the PDF of my build. Prior to that date it only said more info available in July 2023.

Last edited:
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to a local dealer. He's expecting demo vehicles in early August and will be facilitating orders sometime after that. Sounds like first US deliveries will be early 2024.

Take this all with a grain of salt! I don't know this guy, though he works for a reputable BMW dealer. And he made it clear that there are a lot of unknowns and this is what he is being told as of now.

Back
Top Bottom