The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Contact expected from Ineos in July 2023?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Quick q if I can trouble you - I'm looking at some of the drawer systems that make the rear area the same level as when the seats are folded down. In your IG - what is the measure where the rear seat bottoms are folded and touch in the front seats to the closed rear door; trying to see how long of a sleep platform that would give me.
View attachment 7820961
You can find some measures in the pocket guide.
But not what you asked.
With the seats as close to the dashboard as possible and in a vertical position it is about 198 cm length.
I also already posted something for this:
"sleeping in the car"

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
I received these two emails from Ineos on 26th June 2022, referencing two different case numbers.
I am sure someone will contact me eventually to tell me what they are about.
These were both a month before I placed my order so no idea what I may have been enquiring about, or any memory of doing it.

View attachment 7820956View attachment 7820957
I have used the live chat feature a couple of times and it has been helpful.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to a local dealer. He's expecting demo vehicles in early August and will be facilitating orders sometime after that. Sounds like first US deliveries will be early 2024.

Take this all with a grain of salt! I don't know this guy, though he works for a reputable BMW dealer. And he made it clear that there are a lot of unknowns and this is what he is being told as of now.
Crazy question perhaps - so if Ineos has not announced US dealers - how has the Idaho dealer been named - sounds weird.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
Crazy question perhaps - so if Ineos has not announced US dealers - how has the Idaho dealer been named - sounds weird.
I would imagine the US dealers (for the most part) are confirmed at this point and they know who they are. I also imagine that the official announcement is awaiting those dealers to have their spaces and staff ready for the barrage of phone calls, emails, and in-person questions they will be getting.

Local time
Reaction score
I’m still figuring 9+ months.
Even if IA delivers a handful in December, I'm curious to see when IA completes delivery of all early reservation holder pre-orders. As someone who reserved late and pre-ordered a non-TM/FM configuration, I would not be surprised if mine arrived next April.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Even if IA delivers a handful in December, I'm curious to see when IA completes delivery of all early reservation holder pre-orders. As someone who reserved late and pre-ordered a non-TM/FM configuration, I would not be surprised if mine arrived next April.
I agree. My reservation went in on Day 1 - but I am not expecting to see anything until mid-24 at best; and maybe thats positive to give them time to nail down the remaining issues.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From a few of the events the word on the street was that all reservation holders (for instance, someone who reserved in May '23) would have delivery by the end of Q2 '24.

Also, the non-TM/FM "delayed build" theory has been debunked by Ineos several times

Local time
Reaction score
From a few of the events the word on the street was that all reservation holders (for instance, someone who reserved in May '23) would have delivery by the end of Q2 '24.

Also, the non-TM/FM "delayed build" theory has been debunked by Ineos several times
Sure, if you believe IA will deliver on its promised timeline in NA. Some of us are skeptical that will be the case, given IA's track record (and missed deadlines) elsewhere in the world.

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would really like to get some vision on this. I have a kid going to college in a few weeks and if my car is coming Dec/Jan, I’ll just give him my old car now and deal with being a 2 car/3-driver household for a few months. (I have 45k on a 2015, so it won’t be that much of an issue.). If I’m almost a year out…. That’s different.

Local time
7:58 PM
Reaction score
Question....
If at that time you do make a change to your order and it delays the production, do you lose your price protection etc, or does it just delay the build?

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
I'm waiting but if it's going to be 2 years, I might just get something else now and see what happens with the IA. Maybe I will take up LR with the Defender, or try the new GX.

RobP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As others have stated, hoping when deliveries do start, Ineos has ironed out the current issues. I do doubt the current US timeline though given the initial rollout.

Back
Top Bottom