The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Change of Order Configuration (Rusnak Pasadena)

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
My configuration when I submitted my order back in May 2023 had 17” Steel on Bridgetown tires, but I knew I had a change of thought instantly and wanted the alloy + BFGoodrich. I remember when I paid for my reservation that we could make any changes when the dealers were announced (contact selected dealership per Ineos representative) and I knew I would need to make these changes. I didn't do the changes on my own in the system since I know there has been an issue regarding this...link.

I’ve been in communication with Rusnak Pasadena since the beginning when the dealerships were announced. I let them know right away that I wanted to change my wheels to 17” alloy on BFGoodrich, including adding the privacy windows, when there was plenty of time to do so.

I was one of the first ones who did the test drive and listed the specifics of my changes (rim/tire swap and +privacy windows) during this visit with the salesrep. I was told that there was no problem and they would send me a confirmation of my changes. I was never given any confirmation, my emails weren’t answered specifically, and when I showed up in person (2nd time) it was too late to change it - the “edit” button disappeared. The request was never changed and left with the first configuration of the wheels. But I was told in person by their GM that “it shouldn’t be a problem since they’re getting a few extra cars,” and the wheels could be swapped - just pay the configuration price (tires: $735 for the BFGoodrich + rims: $950).

Yesterday, I inquired about it again since my vehicle is coming next month (February) but I was told it would be “costly” and “triple quad." WHAT?

IMG_1628.jpeg
IMG_1629.jpeg
IMG_1630-1.jpeg
(No response after this. Waiting to hear back)

This sure doesn't warrant that “triple quad” price hike. I’ve been in communication with them, but the salesperson failed to update my changes and communicate with me. Now, it's triple the price? I would understand if I didn't communicate with them about this and did it at the last minute, but that wasn't the case. I have stated my intention in the beginning with follow-up emails, and text messages - I even went in person. I even had the privacy windows added to these changes but obviously that can't be done now, unlike the wheels that just need swapping. Whether it's Ineos' system or the dealer's fault that failed to make these changes, it truly isn't mine and shouldn't be penalized by charging me triple.

It's been a dream, countless excitement, and anticipation to own this vehicle! But if I'm going to be charged triple the price to change them with no faults on my end, I would have no problem, respectfully, canceling the entire order and finding a Grenadier elsewhere.

If Quincy or Tim could see this, please chime in since I've been unsuccessful in reaching you both. Thank you.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't pay them to swap the wheels. I'd buy aftermarket all day long and have your choice of wheel/tire/size. You may even be able to get a credit on the factory tires. Discount gave me $50 per tire for the duelers off my new 4runner in 2016 and there were reports of people getting more.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Get some nice aftermarket wheels and tires of your choosing. There’s a market for steelies so I’m sure you could sell those on.

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't pay them to swap the wheels. I'd buy aftermarket all day long and have your choice of wheel/tire/size. You may even be able to get a credit on the factory tires. Discount gave me $50 per tire for the duelers off my new 4runner in 2016 and there were reports of people getting more.
No way I would pay more than the factory price. If they do that I'll bail my entire order.

Get some nice aftermarket wheels and tires of your choosing. There’s a market for steelies so I’m sure you could sell those on.

I've thought about this but there's nothing in the market with the right cost that attracts me but the Kahn Design that only offers the 20". I actually really like the alloy stock!

Last edited:

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I finally heard back from Rusnak about my configuration change (wheels) I requested that was never updated by the dealership. Happy to hear my car is on its way but not happy with how I'm being treated and how the whole situation is being handled.

According to Derek, whom I've never had any interaction with in the past, I'm trying to get some "free wheels," without checking with his salesperson the true back story. He said, he'll have to check with his parts department if I want the swap, which was triple the price. That's a no for me and I'll just take my car.

He also told me if I'm not satisfied with my vehicle they can just build me another one. Very quick to say, "If you're not happy, we can build you a new car," simply because, "there's a few people interested in this car." Do you mean the car I configured, ordered, and waited a long time, so you can just sell it and possibly not on MSRP? We're also talking about wheel swap and not the entire truck.

It would've been okay if they simply communicated with me and said, "hey, we can't make changes on your original configuration," rather than ignoring me and now accusing me of trying to get some free wheels.

What happened to effective communication, great customer service, and respect these days?

I see a few steelies sold on the classifieds, but I'll be selling mine too.

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. This is what I thought a long time ago. Dealers will sell you the car you ordered at MSRP, but probably will not bend over backwards since they can turn it around at a profit. I’d probably get some aftermarket wheels before giving them extra $$ for stock. Your car will be more unique and just as awesome, maybe more.

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. This is what I thought a long time ago. Dealers will sell you the car you ordered at MSRP, but probably will not bend over backwards since they can turn it around at a profit. I’d probably get some aftermarket wheels before giving them extra $$ for stock. Your car will be more unique and just as awesome, maybe more.

Takes the excitement out of owning a new vehicle, especially this one.

Well, we just learn to stay away and not to deal with them again. Good thing for us consumers that there are platforms such as this to share our experiences.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My feeling back in December was that it may be in the interest in dealers to have cancellations because then, if the market would bear, they could charge above MSRP. In essence no incentive to really follow up with reservation holders if the dealer were the stereotypical used car salesman type of dealer.

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My feeling back in December was that it may be in the interest in dealers to have cancellations because then, if the market would bear, they could charge above MSRP. In essence no incentive to really follow up with reservation holders if the dealer were the stereotypical used car salesman type of dealer.
There were actually a bunch of cancellations according to some of the posts I've seen here and FB groups. Not sure which areas or dealerships though.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There were actually a bunch of cancellations according to some of the posts I've seen here and FB groups. Not sure which areas or dealerships though.
Yes I think every dealer has dealt with cancellations. Most seem to be honoring MSRP which is a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom