The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cargo area window leak

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Someone had mentioned this on one of the calls, but hadn't experienced it until today. Small leak that went down the inside of the passenger side cargo area window. Went the whole height, didn't get a pic. Nothing seems wet in the cargo area, but could be behind the trim panels. Interior doesn't smell wet either.

We have had decent amount of rain recently, but I hadn't been driving the Grenadier in it. Parked on flat ground. Left out today, still wet outside but no falling rain or even road spray.

Not sure if the leak was there from sitting in the rain or if the drive forced it into a seepage. Figured I'd start a thread to bring it up since it doesn't seem to be common or repeatable.

surf2day

Production/Transit
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
I had the exact same - 1 time after washing. Very minimal water incursion, but very strange. 2 days before I had driven through a hard rain for 2-3 hours and passenger side cargo area was bone dry.

One thing that was noticed on our 2.5K mile drive @75 mph+ back to north GA from UT was that there seemed to be something akin to a wind noise on that side (rear cargo) that didn’t exist on the other. Maybe a minor flaw in the window seal could be causing both issues.

reauxheaux

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Hmm, I did have really high crosswinds 20-30mph at while doing 70-85. I am leaning towards that being the issue at this point since I haven't seen this before.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Someone had mentioned this on one of the calls, but hadn't experienced it until today. Small leak that went down the inside of the passenger side cargo area window. Went the whole height, didn't get a pic. Nothing seems wet in the cargo area, but could be behind the trim panels. Interior doesn't smell wet either.

We have had decent amount of rain recently, but I hadn't been driving the Grenadier in it. Parked on flat ground. Left out today, still wet outside but no falling rain or even road spray.

Not sure if the leak was there from sitting in the rain or if the drive forced it into a seepage. Figured I'd start a thread to bring it up since it doesn't seem to be common or repeatable.
I mentioned this area leak on this post ... https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/wet-feet.12412442/page-18#post-1333251530

Back
Top Bottom