The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Love lost?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Anyone that spends this amount of money on a vehicle without being able to embrace the vision and deal with the areas of design that they don’t like, should really walk away.
This vehicle is about passion and purpose. If that’s not you, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I say this having come from an old Defender. Absolutely very little good about that vehicle outside its iconic design and simplicity of build, but no car has made me feel like the Defender made me feel. Until recently, that is.
Just as Ingemar has Loki, I was looking for a Norse name for my Grenadier. I think if I do name it, it should be Odr. I think that at least this reference to Odr captures what is the essence of the Grenadier.

From https://viking.style/odr-god-of-vehemence-power-in-passion/ :

Odr: A Brief Overview​

Odr, a largely enigmatic figure, is traditionally linked with fervor and vehemence. He is described as the husband of Freya, the goddess of love, beauty, and fertility. The literature portrays Odr as a traveler, always in pursuit of unknown lands and experiences. His constant yearning for knowledge and unquenchable spirit of exploration embodies a passion that fuels life itself. (Emphasis added)

The Manifestation of Vehemence​

When we talk about Odr as the God of Vehemence, we are talking about a deity that embodies a dynamic, robust, and determined force. The very term ‘vehemence’ refers to the display of strong feeling or passion. It’s about demonstrating fervor and intensity in one’s actions or beliefs. In this regard, Odr offers a glimpse into a form of divine energy that is active, passionate, and unstoppable.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Just as Ingemar has Loki, I was looking for a Norse name for my Grenadier. I think if I do name it, it should be Odr. I think that at least this reference to Odr captures what is the essence of the Grenadier.

From https://viking.style/odr-god-of-vehemence-power-in-passion/ :

Odr: A Brief Overview​

Odr, a largely enigmatic figure, is traditionally linked with fervor and vehemence. He is described as the husband of Freya, the goddess of love, beauty, and fertility. The literature portrays Odr as a traveler, always in pursuit of unknown lands and experiences. His constant yearning for knowledge and unquenchable spirit of exploration embodies a passion that fuels life itself. (Emphasis added)

The Manifestation of Vehemence​

When we talk about Odr as the God of Vehemence, we are talking about a deity that embodies a dynamic, robust, and determined force. The very term ‘vehemence’ refers to the display of strong feeling or passion. It’s about demonstrating fervor and intensity in one’s actions or beliefs. In this regard, Odr offers a glimpse into a form of divine energy that is active, passionate, and unstoppable.
I've heard of new car smell, but new Grenadier Odr sounds even better.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
10% is alarming if that is coming from the Ineos finance partner. Concerns me about what what they see for the future of this car.
Is is extremely common, for financing rates on rare/unique vehicles to be high. There is no need to offer competitive rates, when production is limited to 6000 units per year. They will all sell.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
Is is extremely common, for financing rates on rare/unique vehicles to be high. There is no need to offer competitive rates, when production is limited to 6000 units per year. They will all sell.
They will sell however, they will not all be financed @ 10%. Rare/unique vehicles may not have much competition but, the finance industry does and they are missing out on a reasonable rate of return. Arkansas rates are around 7.75% and my rate is lower than that. One has to be in poor financial shape to pay 10% interest on a car loan.

Last edited:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
They will sell however, they will not all be financed @ 10%. Rare/unique vehicles may not have much competition but the finance industry does.
Most lay people finance at the dealership. They are sitting ducks. This forum is full of early adopters, who are bringing outside financing (like myself). Business is business.

Back
Top Bottom