The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Any contracts signed in 2023?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Just had a fairly frank chat with my agent. Seems there may be a very small number of cars about to ship here and they may arrive in April, but realistically most will start arriving May onwards. If mine is built in February as seems likely/possible then May probably the earliest it will arrive. Best case gets built this week, is on a boat the last week Feb and gets on a boat with the fastest sailing route it could In theory be here late April, but if it’s built last week of Feb and is on a boat mid March with the longest sailing route then it’s more likely June.
I just had a look at one of the vehicle shipping companies (bulk transporters, not the ones that do individual cars). The general transport timing to east coast Australia is about 60 days. Shipping schedule is every 18 days, then 40-odd days in transit. Add on holding time at the factory (Ineos wouldn't want that to be too long), then transit to the port (another day), then staging & loading. At the receiving end there's customs, then transit to holding, then transport to dealer-agent, pre-delivery, then customer pick-up. So say 2.5 months conservatively from the vehicle rolling off the assembly line to customer pick-up. This would match up with the timing some of us here already have from Ineos. I was notified that my vehicle was currently in production mid-January with an estimated delivery date of 12th April.

BTW, am I the only person who would enjoy being allowed to participate in the pre-delivery peel-off of all the protective film? Maybe dealers could offer a "customer peel-off" option for vehicles at hand-over. Our current vehicle was an MB company car for a month before we got it and it still had a lot of film on various stainless steel trims. Very satisfying to remove when we got it.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Could be about logistics... make a batch of Aussie vehicles, enough to fill a slot on a ship. Slots on ships would have to be booked well ahead I would think.
So that batch of Aussie vehicles gets juggled in the production schedule to align with the ship and also to allow other builds to take place either side of it.
Maybe? Plausible?
This is our hope - and that mine is in the 1st batch which i know it isn't but hope! LOL

Back
Top Bottom