The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
I turned the warning off via favorite, just like normal. Are you saying setting 75mph overrides having to turn the warning off?
Sorry, I don't know the answer yet.

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
I am not blessed with the ADAS system in my Grenny, but having been loaned a Ssangyong Musso whilst it was in for an update and some other little bits, I was also astounded at how many bings and bongs one vehicle could make whilst driving down a straight road. It was bloody annoying as a minimum and I had no clue what most of them were for. One was definitely ADAS which is even more infuriating as the vehicle was actually wrong on the speed limit for the road.

I have little to no experience in driving the new modern vehicles with all this “crap” on them, but my partner who has plenty of knowledge has and she reckoned it was actually quite mild compared to some vehicles. She explained a few have the driver facing camera that bongs every time you look away from the front screen….wtaf and no thanks.

With the amount of vehicle interference these days they might as well just drive for you !!

Don’t get me started on the ones that try to pull the wheel if you drive over white lines. I would be turning that off with a can of fuel and a lighter.
Im in the dreaded Musso now I put AirPods in to drown out the incessant beings and bongs.

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:15 AM
Reaction score
I took delivery and the Salesman set up the favorite - so it's a quick click fav and be done. Bid part is just remembering to do it.

Honestly, I thought it would be a pain, but I just do it right after I disable the auto-start/stop, so not a big deal.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
I can live with the speed warnings, IF they were accurate. It reads a sign as 50, than immediately thinks the road is 25 and bongs at me. I do a lot of surface street driving and it constantly is wrong on the speeds and defaults to 25. ... if you are going to implement a "smart" system that distracts the hell out of me, at least make it accurate.
Yup. If it's only accurate *most* of the time then it can't be trusted. So IMO it's reasonable to allow a driver to disable it forever. Unless it's the law. And it's not. Yet.

Example ... earlier today somewhere between Kennewick WA and Pendleton OR, for a good stretch of highway my Sprinter told me the speed limit was 40. Absolutely not. Insanity. And potentially unsafe since everyone else was doing 70+. Apple Maps running through CarPlay tells me it's 70. Every sign I saw said 70. I have no idea what the vehicle "saw" and, sorry INEOS, but I trust Mercedes R&D to do a better job of AI than a startup. And I still can't trust Mercedes.

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
I’ve not been on here for awhile… mainly Facebook… but this is a major issue for me. I would encourage everyone to draft a kindly written email to the following email address expressing 1) that the system is not an effective safety precaution, 2) reminder that it is not required by any U.S. regulatory body or law, and 3) it is generally maddening to all of us (which arguably creates a safety issue as we’re normally two minutes into driving and trying to navigate a multi-level menu). Email address: customerservice@ineosgrenadier.com

I would also include your VIN in the email.
I did email them about the 28 pages of ADAS complaints on the forum and received a very nice response. They are aware and will have updates to address these issues. I intend to remain optimistic.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have seen a few other car manufacturers pages talking about new "features." The "new" G-Wagen has advanced driver assistance features.

It is almost laughable that these systems are touted as safety features but they lead to more distractions. After a while drivers will just ignore them after they realize what those weird noises are.

Last edited:

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
A friend of mine wife's Mercedes SUV lane assist when they first got was little two aggressive, if it saw odd line in the road it would follow it, I think I rather have ding then that. My wife car when in Cruise control also drive me nuts since it alway try to slow down way behind car when you want to be ready to pass a car. It has zero idea of if outer lane is open. I shut it all off if I can in my vehicles. Only collision warning I like is when I am parking. I have super tight garage I park an X5 in down in Austin.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A friend of mine wife's Mercedes SUV lane assist when they first got was little two aggressive, if it saw odd line in the road it would follow it, I think I rather have ding then that. My wife car when in Cruise control also drive me nuts since it alway try to slow down way behind car when you want to be ready to pass a car. It has zero idea of if outer lane is open. I shut it all off if I can in my vehicles. Only collision warning I like is when I am parking. I have super tight garage I park an X5 in down in Austin.
That's as it should be. If one doesn't like a driver "aid" then it should be able to be turned off and remain off until selected back on.
I also do not like lane assist nor do I like radar cruise control. My Land Cruiser has both. I turned them off the first week I got the thing and have not had to worry about them since.

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It wont be me but I am wondering who is going tear into the circuit board and disable the clicker. Might be fairly easy.
Have you found what is "making the click" like a small speaker in overhead area, audio feed wire to stereo system? IT HAS TO STOP !! HELP !!

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just got the tow package installed this week. After the tow package install and software update, the ADAS settings page seems to have disappeared from the Vehicle Functions menu. A new Speed Warning setting has appeared in its place. Speed Warning defaulted to OFF and is persistent after restarts.

The lane departure and speed limit indicators have disappeared from the speedometer. Most importantly, there is no over speed limit chirp from the ADAS anymore.
What tow package? The OE one or some aftermarket? My dealer said tow wiring can not be added if you didn't order from factory?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you found what is "making the click" like a small speaker in overhead area, audio feed wire to stereo system? IT HAS TO STOP !! HELP !!
Funny because there are days where it annoys the living hell out of me and then days where I don't really notice it. My biggest annoyance with it is that it isn't accurate at all. My street is 40, it thinks it's 25 and clicks at me. Street is 35, reads the sign, says ok, I'll log it as 35. 10 seconds later it goes back to 25 and clicks at me.

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Funny because there are days where it annoys the living hell out of me and then days where I don't really notice it. My biggest annoyance with it is that it isn't accurate at all. My street is 40, it thinks it's 25 and clicks at me. Street is 35, reads the sign, says ok, I'll log it as 35. 10 seconds later it goes back to 25 and clicks at me.
Same issues here. I'm going to get it to stop one way or another. Even if all the audio speakers have to be removed from truck. Mine was in shop (for 60 days) for list of issues that were present at initial delivery and just got it back. Dealer said they "updated software" when talking with them on phone and click was staying off. They either did not update software or fibbed about it helping as 5 min from getting vehicle back, its same old CLICK, CLICK, CLICK.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same issues here. I'm going to get it to stop one way or another. Even if all the audio speakers have to be removed from truck. Mine was in shop (for 60 days) for list of issues that were present at initial delivery and just got it back. Dealer said they "updated software" when talking with them on phone and click was staying off. They either did not update software or fibbed about it helping as 5 min from getting vehicle back, its same old CLICK, CLICK, CLICK.
The software update was not intended to disable or remove ADAS; it was for the trailer wiring and a car play issue (depending on your previous software version)

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a broken system that is probably more of a liability/safety issue with that level of unnecessary distraction.

tmarr

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm totally with you on this issue. I have worked in consumer products for decades, and this is the single stupidest implementation of a feature that I've personally seen. Absolutely crazy that someone thought this would be ok. Especially, since it has so many false alarms (wrong speed limit).

I suspect if we unplug the speakers, we'll get a fault light in the Christmas tree display (I'm thinking of 3D printing a phone holder to occupy this spot so I can ignore that display altogether). May have to add a resistor or something in place of the speaker if that happens.

Or, better yet, maybe we should group fund an Eastern European software company to fix this issue (and other sw issues) once and for all. After all, these vehicles are intended to be modified to fit each user's needs, right?

Back
Top Bottom