The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
It doesn’t bother me that much. I can most definitely live with it (and the 12 seconds it takes to turn off) in exchange for having the privilege to sit in the drivers seat of a grenadier. :)

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Practice using the knob. It is so much easier than focusing on, and tapping the touch screen. I’ve switched to using the knob for 80% of my needs.
Ditto, as well as familiarizing myself more with the steering wheel control buttons.

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Apologies if these questions have been asked and answered...

Below is a screenshot from the U.S. Brochure of the four features found in the ADAS systems in the U.S. Grenadier:

ADAS.png

(1) Is the camera in the windshield responsible for Automatic Emergency Braking, or is there some additional radar built into the front end. I haven't seen anything that looks like radar, so it seems like it is just the camera in the windshield.

(2) Is the camera in the windshield responsible for Intelligent Speed Assistance (the clicking sound when the speed limit is exceeded), or is the vehicle also using GPS to locate the vehicle on roads with known speed limits? It is common for Nav systems to provide a digital display of the speed limit on the road you are driving, so most Nav systems are using GPS and a database of speed limits to provide that info to the driver; but the Grenadier does not have its own Nav, so I am wondering where Intelligent Speed Assistance gets its info: is it just from the windshield camera observing posted speed limit signs, or does info also come from some on-board GPS that I am not aware of. EDIT: there must be on-board GPS for the "bread crumb" feature...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1) The windshield camera handles this, there are no additional radar sensors up front
2) Both, GPS database is the "base map", the camera is "real time" for any alterations from the base map. It has an integrated GPS antenna (as a requirement for wireless CarPlay/Android Auto)

Local time
Reaction score
1) The windshield camera handles this, there are no additional radar sensors up front
2) Both, GPS database is the "base map", the camera is "real time" for any alterations from the base map. It has an integrated GPS antenna (as a requirement for wireless CarPlay/Android Auto)
Thank you.

Local time
Reaction score
"Driver Drowsiness Detection"?
Yes. From what I understand, the Grenadier monitors your inputs to the steering, and if it detects inputs that the software identifies as associated with "drowsiness" (or drunkenness) it will alert the driver. Here is the snippet from the Grenadier website:

DDD.png

It appears that some form of this software will be mandatory in all new U.S. vehicles beginning in 2026 (it was originally scheduled to begin in 2024). This mandate derives from the The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, passed by the Biden administration. Below are screen shots from the law which cleared the House of Representatives on Jan 3, 2021, and became law on November 15, 2021.

The official designation of the law is: PUBLIC LAW 117–58—NOV. 15, 2021, and you can find the full text here:

The screenshots come from Section 24220: Advanced Impaired Driving Technology

DDD_11-15-2021_A.png
DDD_11-15-2021_B.png

EDIT: I just found these descriptions of ADAS, from the Grenadier website:

Safety Features​

ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) features come standard in the Grenadier to help keep you safer on the road. These features include:
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW): The Forward Facing Camera in LDW monitors your lane and alerts you with an audio and visual warning if you start to drift. This feature helps you stay on course while driving.
  • Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB): AEB uses camera sensors to evaluate traffic and road conditions, alerting you of potential hazards and automatically applying the brakes if you fail to respond in time. This feature responds promptly in critical situations. (*System does not react to pedestrians, cyclists, scooters, or animals. )
  • Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA): ISA uses camera sensors to detect road signs and alerts you when you’re exceeding the speed limit. It also refers to high-quality maps when signs are not visible.
  • Driver Drowsiness Detection (DDD): DDD monitors your alertness by analyzing vehicle systems and an official sleepiness scale, alerting you when it’s time to take a break. This feature is useful for long drives and late nights.
Source: https://www.rusnakineosgrenadier.com/grenadier-model-trims/the-grenadier/

NOTE: This topic has been discussed at length on this forum; you should be able to find those discussions using the search feature.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:52 PM
Reaction score
I'm not the sharpest tool in shed. I will say, total guess, within a year, someone that is not a ineos employee will develop a code that allows you to turn it completely off. I think of the New Defender, took a year but two companies were able to unlock all the features that you had to pay 10 grand. The cost of the the unlock 1k.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not the sharpest tool in shed. I will say, total guess, within a year, someone that is not a ineos employee will develop a code that allows you to turn it completely off. I think of the New Defender, took a year but two companies were able to unlock all the features that you had to pay 10 grand. The cost of the the unlock 1k.
I've been thinking the same.

Anyone know how the front-facing camera is set up? Does the camera sit behind the windshield, or is it integrated into the glass?

In other words: is the part number for the windshield the same in Europe/Australia/Africa as it is in the U.S. where we have the front camera?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In other words: is the part number for the windshield the same in Europe/Australia/Africa as it is in the U.S. where we have the front camera?
The windshield is slightly different to allow for the camera from what I recall... Because the dealer demos have the new windshield but most do not have the ADAS camera itself (but have the headliner to allow for it)

Local time
Reaction score
The windshield is slightly different to allow for the camera from what I recall... Because the dealer demos have the new windshield but most do not have the ADAS camera itself (but have the headliner to allow for it)
Much appreciated.

PilotMike

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It wont be me but I am wondering who is going tear into the circuit board and disable the clicker. Might be fairly easy.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It wont be me but I am wondering who is going tear into the circuit board and disable the clicker. Might be fairly easy.
If they do not fix it, the aftermarket will. And its easier than a circuit board, its probably a small bit of code. Most tuners can unlock a lot of features, my Dodges tuner allows me to adjust all kinds of things the factory doesn't allow you to adjust.

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If they do not fix it, the aftermarket will. And its easier than a circuit board, its probably a small bit of code. Most tuners can unlock a lot of features, my Dodges tuner allows me to adjust all kinds of things the factory doesn't allow you to adjust.

I recently disabled the annoying seatbelt reminder chime on my Audi using a cheap bluetooth obdii connector and a $10 programing app on my phone.

Given time I imagine something similar will surface for the annoying nannies on the IG.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
my Dodges tuner allows me to adjust all kinds of things the factory doesn't allow you to adjust.

I recently disabled the annoying seatbelt reminder chime on my Audi using a cheap bluetooth obdii connector and a $10 programing app on my phone.

Given time I imagine something similar will surface for the annoying nannies on the IG.
While I am hopeful, I also would not be surprised if the delay is substantial, if at all... If for no other reason than this is such a (relatively) low production vehicle. I don't have any background in the Mopar aftermarket (or to know exactly what crosses with other products), but in the Audi realm, understanding the long coding required to disable a seatbelt chime also opens the ability to do virtually everything the BCM handles, and there are not only a ton of 8V's on the street globally, but there are also a lot that the BCM controls that can be modified, which further pushes the aftermarket world to put in the work to figure it out.

Pretty sure I've said it before, but I would put a company life Kufatec high on the list of "if anyone will do it", however, specifically regarding ADAS, we need the RoW to start getting their MY24 ADAS equipped vehicles on the street so these companies can start figuring out what to crack

MtnSmooth10

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
I feel the same about all the warnings. It tells me the speed limit on my ranch road is 30 mph. I’ve always considered it 98 mph. But I do love the vehicle. Hopefully a tuner can open up the software and allow adjustment in the future.
I couldn’t agree more. This seems to go against the ethos of a rugged, back to basics vehicle with benefits of modern manufacturing. I took delivery yesterday after a 2 year wait. This is the only complaint I have so far. I have 3 kids in the car and enough distractions without all of these beeps. We need a better solution from INEOS besides the CCI Favorite on every start. I personally would like to default off every ADAS except the emergency braking function.

IG_LA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. From what I understand, the Grenadier monitors your inputs to the steering, and if it detects inputs that the software identifies as associated with "drowsiness" (or drunkenness) it will alert the driver. Here is the snippet from the Grenadier website:

It appears that some form of this software will be mandatory in all new U.S. vehicles beginning in 2026 (it was originally scheduled to begin in 2024). This mandate derives from the The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, passed by the Biden administration. Below are screen shots from the law which cleared the House of Representatives on Jan 3, 2021, and became law on November 15, 2021.

The official designation of the law is: PUBLIC LAW 117–58—NOV. 15, 2021, and you can find the full text here:

The screenshots come from Section 24220: Advanced Impaired Driving Technology

EDIT: I just found these descriptions of ADAS, from the Grenadier website:

Safety Features​

ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) features come standard in the Grenadier to help keep you safer on the road. These features include:
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW): The Forward Facing Camera in LDW monitors your lane and alerts you with an audio and visual warning if you start to drift. This feature helps you stay on course while driving.
  • Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB): AEB uses camera sensors to evaluate traffic and road conditions, alerting you of potential hazards and automatically applying the brakes if you fail to respond in time. This feature responds promptly in critical situations. (*System does not react to pedestrians, cyclists, scooters, or animals. )
  • Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA): ISA uses camera sensors to detect road signs and alerts you when you’re exceeding the speed limit. It also refers to high-quality maps when signs are not visible.
  • Driver Drowsiness Detection (DDD): DDD monitors your alertness by analyzing vehicle systems and an official sleepiness scale, alerting you when it’s time to take a break. This feature is useful for long drives and late nights.
Source: https://www.rusnakineosgrenadier.com/grenadier-model-trims/the-grenadier/

NOTE: This topic has been discussed at length on this forum; you should be able to find those discussions using the search feature.
That's wild

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my Sprinter it happens often on long stretches of road where there is little steering input. Mercedes pops up a steaming cup of coffee icon and tells you to rest 😂😂

I always assumed that it was based on steering inputs, how long the engine has been continuously running, and time of day because I noticed it happened more often late at night. A complete SWAG on my part🤪

As long as the vehicle doesn’t make me stop or intrude in some other way, I’ll take the coffee cup icon and hit “OK”

Back
Top Bottom