The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
In my Sprinter it happens often on long stretches of road where there is little steering input. Mercedes pops up a steaming cup of coffee icon and tells you to rest 😂😂

I always assumed that it was based on steering inputs, how long the engine has been continuously running, and time of day because I noticed it happened more often late at night. A complete SWAG on my part🤪

As long as the vehicle doesn’t make me stop or intrude in some other way, I’ll take the coffee cup icon and hit “OK”
As my Sprinter will not be built until May this year, I will probably have the newer software version. It will not only tell me when to take a coffee break, but also when it's time for a T-bone. 🤣

archerwolf

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Just got the tow package installed this week. After the tow package install and software update, the ADAS settings page seems to have disappeared from the Vehicle Functions menu. A new Speed Warning setting has appeared in its place. Speed Warning defaulted to OFF and is persistent after restarts.

The lane departure and speed limit indicators have disappeared from the speedometer. Most importantly, there is no over speed limit chirp from the ADAS anymore.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
We rented a Hyundai Santa Fe in February on a trip, and it also had that weird coffee cup thing! I was like WTF? Speaking of bongs.....I got in the first time, hit start and jumped out, ran across the parking and dived behind a post....then slowly walked back as klaxtons blared at full volume realizing it may not be a Russian Nuclear attack and went about attempting to understand what was wrong. Re-shutting doors, checking warning lights and so on....Best we can figure is it does that upon start up because its below freezing outside! WTF! And the rest of the trip it would freak me out each time I started it. This stuff is getting out of hand.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am not blessed with the ADAS system in my Grenny, but having been loaned a Ssangyong Musso whilst it was in for an update and some other little bits, I was also astounded at how many bings and bongs one vehicle could make whilst driving down a straight road. It was bloody annoying as a minimum and I had no clue what most of them were for. One was definitely ADAS which is even more infuriating as the vehicle was actually wrong on the speed limit for the road.

I have little to no experience in driving the new modern vehicles with all this “crap” on them, but my partner who has plenty of knowledge has and she reckoned it was actually quite mild compared to some vehicles. She explained a few have the driver facing camera that bongs every time you look away from the front screen….wtaf and no thanks.

With the amount of vehicle interference these days they might as well just drive for you !!

Don’t get me started on the ones that try to pull the wheel if you drive over white lines. I would be turning that off with a can of fuel and a lighter.

Local time
Reaction score
Interesting in that we are getting different answers out of them. AFAIK there is no legal requirement for the feature in the US, so removing or disabling it shouldn’t be an issue. Perhaps the ‘addressing the issue’ doesn’t translate well, but they have set an expectation that it will be changed.

It sounds like we need to make another round of “Oh no you don’t/You had better” emails and social posts to focus their attention.
Think "The Harley Sound." Illegal in showroom, legal owner modification.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In my Sprinter it happens often on long stretches of road where there is little steering input. Mercedes pops up a steaming cup of coffee icon and tells you to rest 😂😂

I always assumed that it was based on steering inputs, how long the engine has been continuously running, and time of day because I noticed it happened more often late at night. A complete SWAG on my part🤪

As long as the vehicle doesn’t make me stop or intrude in some other way, I’ll take the coffee cup icon and hit “OK”
I got that too on our current road trip. I laughed and told my wife it’s British and time for a cuppa…

Gman53

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just got the tow package installed this week. After the tow package install and software update, the ADAS settings page seems to have disappeared from the Vehicle Functions menu. A new Speed Warning setting has appeared in its place. Speed Warning defaulted to OFF and is persistent after restarts.

The lane departure and speed limit indicators have disappeared from the speedometer. Most importantly, there is no over speed limit chirp from the ADAS anymore.
I had the hitch installed and corresponding software update this week as well. My ADAS is the same as before this update. I still have to toggle off the over speed limit warning after each restart.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn’t agree more. This seems to go against the ethos of a rugged, back to basics vehicle with benefits of modern manufacturing. I took delivery yesterday after a 2 year wait. This is the only complaint I have so far. I have 3 kids in the car and enough distractions without all of these beeps. We need a better solution from INEOS besides the CCI Favorite on every start. I personally would like to default off every ADAS except the emergency braking function.
The rumor has it that this system was created because someone ran a stop sign and plowed into a car with children in it (the driver was "distracted"). ADAS has nothing to do with "ethos of a rugged, back to basics vehicle". It's all about "safety" /"reduction of accidents" and if we want this vehicle in the US, ADAS is going to be part of the deal. I am confident with time a work around will be found for those who find "Quack Quack" an issue. Cheers.

Last edited:

DeepH20

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve not been on here for awhile… mainly Facebook… but this is a major issue for me. I would encourage everyone to draft a kindly written email to the following email address expressing 1) that the system is not an effective safety precaution, 2) reminder that it is not required by any U.S. regulatory body or law, and 3) it is generally maddening to all of us (which arguably creates a safety issue as we’re normally two minutes into driving and trying to navigate a multi-level menu). Email address: customerservice@ineosgrenadier.com

I would also include your VIN in the email.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, and I also set it to 75mph, but nothing changed.
One thing I noted is that if you have the favorite set and go to the ADAS menu, you'll still see the option set (and reset), but functionally - the system seems to be ignoring that setting and now uses the speed warning option.

Any chance you are.in southern Jersey? I'm in Dewey this week. It'd be interesting to compare.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One thing I noted is that if you have the favorite set and go to the ADAS menu, you'll still see the option set (and reset), but functionally - the system seems to be ignoring that setting and now uses the speed warning option.

Any chance you are.in southern Jersey? I'm in Dewey this week. It'd be interesting to compare.
Dewey, NJ?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Tom109, still getting the warnings at lower speeds?
I turned the warning off via favorite, just like normal. Are you saying setting 75mph overrides having to turn the warning off?

I was in NoVA and DC for a long weekend, but I’m back in central NJ. Drove my truck today but I’ll play with this stuff later this week.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
I can live with the speed warnings, IF they were accurate. It reads a sign as 50, than immediately thinks the road is 25 and bongs at me. I do a lot of surface street driving and it constantly is wrong on the speeds and defaults to 25. I have come to live with it and don't bother turning it off anymore, but if you are going to implement a "smart" system that distracts the hell out of me, at least make it accurate.

Back
Top Bottom