The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
If you tap the screen then hit the microphone icon it won't record audio. For brightness, there's a tap and slide gesture to adjust brightness, but at night I sometimes just turn off the screen altogether.
I don't care about the microphone, just need to make video either faint[er] or off altogether. Thanks, I'll check it out later today.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha I turned off audio recording right away because I swear like a New York cabbie when I'm driving.
That would make trail videos sooo much more entertaining!!!
Just hooked up the rear camera. Still need to find a good mounting place for it - did you mount it on the narrow rear door?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
I mounted it in the top of the large window close to the center so the wiper can clear it's view. I used some Velcro tape and it's holding up great.
Did the same, but my Velcro isn't holding it that good, but this is easy to solve :)

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
I decided to copycat your idea and installed the wolfbox mirror. It seems to be pretty distracting, though, and too bright at night; is there a way to somehow mute the video?
I believe you can mute the audio but also for sure can dim the brightness - touch the “gear” icon and those items are in the settings.

staitleman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The ADAS is incredibly annoying. My front camera warning light goes on and off intermittently and when I turn off speed warning. Anyone else having this issue. Dealership not sure of it.
I e had mine for a few days, it rained around an inch one of those days. I also found a few drops of water in the dash behind the display. I think water got past the weatherstripping and into the camera box. I’m thinking it’s toast now. I am also getting that cartoonish collision breaking warning also.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, well well…

As of today, the ADAS Intelligent Speed Assist->Over speed warning setting is remaining off after I turn the car off exit lock and walk away. When I come back to restart, the over speed warning setting remains off.

I was on a road trip today for Business with five or six stops. It was consistently staying off. They must’ve pushed an over the air update as I have not been to the dealer. Either that, or this thing is completely buggy…

This is a US Spec Grenadier.

Attachments

• IMG_1041.jpeg
    IMG_1041.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Well, well well…

As of today, the ADAS Intelligent Speed Assist->Over speed warning setting is remaining off after I turn the car off exit lock and walk away. When I come back to restart, the over speed warning setting remains off.

I was on a road trip today for Business with five or six stops. It was consistently staying off. They must’ve pushed an over the air update as I have not been to the dealer. Either that, or this thing is completely buggy…

Same happened to me, but only for one ignition/off/ignition cycle. Has an OTA updates feature been confirmed?

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, well well…

Same here.

staitleman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, well well…

Nope. It sometimes does that but not every time, which is maybe worse

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I read somewhere that if you turn the car off and then restart within five minutes it’ll keep those features off that you’ve selected. It’s only when the car is shut down for longer periods that things reset to the baseline. I’ve had some instances where the speed alert has remained off over a longer period, suppose my thinking is that sometimes the car takes longer to go into its ‘hibernation mode’ than others.

staitleman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I read somewhere that if you turn the car off and then restart within five minutes it’ll keep those features off that you’ve selected. It’s only when the car is shut down for longer periods that things reset to the baseline. I’ve had some instances where the speed alert has remained off over a longer period, suppose my thinking is that sometimes the car takes longer to go into its ‘hibernation mode’ than others.
That’s possible because it sometimes does that. Now my OCD will kick in and I’ll stopwatch my stops.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Just an update: Dealer told me yesterday that they dont see Ineos doing anything now with an update for the ADAS system firmware, where we can turn it off and it stays off. Not sure if this is concrete, just relaying what was told to me. 💁‍♂️

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just an update: Dealer told me yesterday that they dont see Ineos doing anything now with an update for the ADAS system firmware, where we can turn it off and it stays off. Not sure if this is concrete, just relaying what was told to me. 💁‍♂️
I heard the same from a reliable source.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tragic

Jimmy Fallon Help GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

staitleman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Set a favorite to the location where you select the button

Back
Top Bottom