The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Ok I just searched for a bit and I'm not finding this thread. Can you post a link?
I guess that thread was a little different - took me a bit to find it:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
No, the mirrors are poorly positioned. My driver side mirror is pegged to the outermost position, but I still need more adjustability. Typically the plastic housing would have two position clicks, but the Gren only has one. It is the one poor design feature I really dislike.

I have added a round blind spot mirror, but to be honest, I don’t use it. It’s too small so I just triple check with head turns.
I always check with a head turn before changing lanes, pretty much in every one of the 30+ vehicles I have owned.
I have both my mirrors adjusted down and out as I don't need to see anything more than 2-3 car lengths behind me.
The windows are so large that it is easy to turn my head and look out the rear passenger windows on both sides.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
I always check with a head turn before changing lanes, pretty much in every one of the 30+ vehicles I have owned.
I have both my mirrors adjusted down and out as I don't need to see anything more than 2-3 car lengths behind me.
The windows are so large that it is easy to turn my head and look out the rear passenger windows on both sides.
I have found that the Grenadier has much less blind spots than my previous vehicles. Certainly better than the New Defender.

Although the elephant style Hummer mirrors would give a lot to view.

1709161756563.png

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's a perfect solution that was popular on Discoweb long time ago.
Buy a RHD left-side mirror, it is convex. Moreover, there's a thread here discussing this mod and where/how to buy.
I have Rusnak looking into this... there are so many mirror part numbers that don't appear to be compatible.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I installed a wolfbox rear view camera mirror and installed the camera inside my large rear door. It has a very wide angle and between the mirror and side mirrors I really don’t have any blind spots anymore

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Couldn't possibly be this lucky, but a cursory glance makes it appear that the LH and RH side mirror glass are the same dimensions.
If I get time, I'll try to pop them off and see if they will swap.

BTW, I ordered a left side mirror from Japan for a RHD Land Cruiser 200 and replaced my driver's side mirror with it.
One of the best mods I've done on any vehicle.
Slightly convex like the passenger "things look closer" mirror.
I love it.

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Couldn't possibly be this lucky, but a cursory glance makes it appear that the LH and RH side mirror glass are the same dimensions.

BTW, I ordered a left side mirror from Japan for a RHD Land Cruiser 200 and replaced my driver's side mirror with it.
I love it.
Please keep us posted.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I love it.
@nuclearbeef, was the LC200 replacement mirror heated as well?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bummer about the RHD mirror not likely being an easy swap. As for the ADAS, I've stopped noticing the clicks altogether. It never bugged me that much because of the workarounds (favorite and throttle lift right at the speed limit), but now the clicks fade into the background noise. I'm at 500 mostly city miles. I'm tempted to set the favorite to one of the offroad screens instead, as I end up on the attitude or temperature screen most of the time.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
RHD mirror should still work; just that a RH mirror won't swap in place of a LH mirror
Yes.
I was hoping to be able to source a convex mirror from a US dealer.
Just have to get one from a RHD country.

STT22

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I emailed the below message to Ineos Customer Care on Monday, February 26, 2024. Currently no response. If anyone has a more appropriate email/person to contact please let me know or feel free to copy and paste my message.

Dear Ineos Customer Care Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to you today as a proud owner of the 2024 Ineos Grenadier, a vehicle that I chose for its exceptional design, robust capabilities, and the promise of an unparalleled driving experience. While my experience with the Grenadier has been predominantly positive, there is a significant aspect of the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) that has been impacting the enjoyment and overall satisfaction of driving this otherwise outstanding vehicle.

The issue at hand pertains to the ADAS features such as Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert, which are set to activate by default each time the vehicle is started. The process required to deactivate these alerts involves navigating through an extensive series of menu clicks (a detailed path of which includes transitioning from CarPlay to various submenus), an operation that needs repeating with every ignition cycle. This design decision, while likely made with safety considerations in mind, has led to a driving experience that many, including myself, find exceedingly disruptive and, frankly, maddening.

The constant auditory alerts (beeps, clicks, and chimes) associated with these ADAS features, particularly the Intelligent Speed Assist and Over Speed Alert, are profoundly intrusive, to the extent of diminishing the otherwise pleasurable driving experience the Grenadier offers. For instance, the incessant clicking sound when fluctuating around the speed limit is not just distracting but also counterintuitive to the focus required for safe driving. This is especially pronounced in scenarios where speed variations are common and necessary, such as in-town driving or overtaking.

Moreover, while the manual suggests a workaround for this issue, it is a temporary solution that does not save the preferences beyond the current drive, thus requiring repeated adjustments. This not only detracts from the user experience but also suggests a gap in the vehicle’s software design that could be efficiently addressed with a software update.

In light of the above, I, along with a growing number of Grenadier owners who share this concern, earnestly request Ineos to consider releasing a software update that would allow these ADAS features to remember the driver’s preferences across ignition cycles. Such an update would significantly enhance the driving experience, aligning it more closely with the high standards of quality and user satisfaction that Ineos stands for.

We understand the importance of ADAS features for safety and compliance, and our request does not seek to diminish these crucial aspects. Instead, we advocate for a more balanced approach where safety features and driver comfort coexist harmoniously, allowing for a truly enjoyable driving experience without compromising on safety.

In conclusion, I believe that addressing this concern will not only alleviate the immediate and ongoing frustrations experienced by a significant portion of your clientele but will also reinforce Ineos’s reputation for customer-centric innovation and responsiveness to feedback. We are hopeful for a positive response and eagerly await the prospect of a software update that will refine and perfect our driving experience in the Ineos Grenadier.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We look forward to your support and a swift resolution.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In an information vacuum, theories abound. It doesn't seem like ADAS is required in all countries. I've seen production Grenadiers in pictures and videos that don't have the rearview mirror mounted onto an ADAS camera housing like our NAS vehicles do (see screenshot below from Expedition Portal's Youtube). I'm beginning to think ADAS was a US government prerequisite for approval of Ineos to sell vehicles here, hence no sense of urgency for a permanent disable function despite the clamor for the feature.

1000010688.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In an information vacuum, theories abound. It doesn't seem like ADAS is required in all countries. I've seen production Grenadiers in pictures and videos that don't have the rearview mirror mounted onto an ADAS camera housing like our NAS vehicles do (see screenshot below from Expedition Portal's Youtube). I'm beginning to think ADAS was a US government prerequisite for approval of Ineos to sell vehicles here, hence no sense of urgency for a permanent disable function despite the clamor for the feature.
ADAS is an addition for all Grenadiers MY24 and onward, not just a US thing.

Technically, the vehicle Scott Brady is driving is a UK PTO4 vehicle (from the huge Scotland to The Grenadier media drive), not even a full blown production MY23

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is MADDENING. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

The first video is configuring the Favorite Button and the second is Start Up / Deactivation.
Just saw your post today, thanks for posting the video,I'm sure this will help a lot of us out.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ADAS is an addition for all Grenadiers MY24 and onward, not just a US thing.

Technically, the vehicle Scott Brady is driving is a UK PTO4 vehicle (from the huge Scotland to The Grenadier media drive), not even a full blown production MY23
There you go again, dashing hopes of an Orwellian conspiracy with truth and information.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For what it’s worth I installed a wolfbox rear view camera mirror and installed the camera inside my large rear door. It has a very wide angle and between the mirror and side mirrors I really don’t have any blind spots anymore
I decided to copycat your idea and installed the wolfbox mirror. It seems to be pretty distracting, though, and too bright at night; is there a way to somehow mute the video?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I decided to copycat your idea and installed the wolfbox mirror. It seems to be pretty distracting, though, and too bright at night; is there a way to somehow mute the video?
If you tap the screen then hit the microphone icon it won't record audio. For brightness, there's a tap and slide gesture to adjust brightness, but at night I sometimes just turn off the screen altogether.

Back
Top Bottom