The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score
Stu and Krabby, any chance you'd host a reward program to incentivize a third party solution to the ADAS issue? I would contribute $100 to start it off.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly my routine. There is NO software update coming from Ineos that addressed these issues. I asked.
I'm not saying you are wrong but this really has nothing to do with the dealers. 100% a Ineos / Manufacturer call. if Ineos decides to take the UK requirement worldwide for their convenience, we can vote with our dollars.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score
I'm not saying you are wrong but this really has nothing to do with the dealers. 100% a Ineos / Manufacturer call. if Ineos decides to take the UK requirement worldwide for their convenience, we can vote with our dollars.
I never said it was the dealers. I stated it was INEOS that gave me the answer.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stu and Krabby, any chance you'd host a reward program to incentivize a third party solution to the ADAS issue? I would contribute $100 to start it off.
If someone could make a coding app with broad functionality, (but MUST include ADAS remembering choices) I'd fork over $1000.00 US right now.

It has gotten to be too much of an annoyance and hassle for me.
I'll keep the vehicle for now in hopes that INEOS or the aftermarket makes a solution, but I will NOT keep this thing long term, as-is.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked my alarm installer about disabling ADAS. He said he has software that can permanently disable certain features like Start/Stop on some vehicles per customer request. He'd connect his laptop to the vehicle via OBD port. I should have asked for the name of the company that makes the software. I'll follow-up with the installer later today.

Last edited:

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
If you don't mind more warnings (that is, more warnings than usual), you can put a piece of tape (or to be fancy a "decal") over the ADAS camera. I'd add a "LOL" but I'm only half kidding.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't mind more warnings (that is, more warnings than usual), you can put a piece of tape (or to be fancy a "decal") over the ADAS camera. I'd add a "LOL" but I'm only half kidding.
Yes, but that would also disable automatic emergency braking.
I want to be able to choose which "driver aids" I wish to have aiding my driving.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, but the bigger hammer of disabling all ADAS functions as requested in post 591 does appear to happen if the camera is covered.

Also, I am really really skeptical of emergency braking based on a camera. Radar like in other cars-- maybe. I don't want a bug flying towards the camera to freak it out and cause AEB braking. The "good news" is that AEB is disabled above 81 mph.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
Also, I am really really skeptical of emergency braking based on a camera.

I'm not certain that it only works with the camera - though I don't know that for sure. The vehicle does have front parking sensors.

I had someone cut me off and the AEB kicked in. It was aggressive, on the verge of violent.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Given their own numbers from the manual (max 81 mph and initiating 0.9 seconds before projected impact), it would need a range of at least 105 feet, probably longer to figure out the dynamics of what is happening. I am skeptical that parking sensors have a range of 105 feet.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
What boggles my mind is why there is no official response from Ineos on this yet. This is annoying the hell out of people and by now I would have expected them to provide some transparency: either "we are working on a fix, but unfortunately it is not straight forward because X,Y,Z"; or "sorry we cant change this because of this rule, or because its tied into the X system, or something." The communication on this so far has just been "he said she said" and word of mouth. It's way past time for Ineos to give us an official response directly (same on the jackets btw).

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What boggles my mind is why there is no official response from Ineos on this yet. This is annoying the hell out of people and by now I would have expected them to provide some transparency: either "we are working on a fix, but unfortunately it is not straight forward because X,Y,Z"; or "sorry we cant change this because of this rule, or because its tied into the X system, or something." The communication on this so far has just been "he said she said" and word of mouth. It's way past time for Ineos to give us an official response directly (same on the jackets btw).
From my experience, after the sale of a vehicle, unless it is a recall, all other communication is done through dealers, not from the auto manufacturer directly (unless they don't do dealers, like Tesla/Rivian/Lucid/etc). Dealers not all telling the same story, however, seems to be the bigger problem

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From my experience, after the sale of a vehicle, unless it is a recall, all other communication is done through dealers, not from the auto manufacturer directly (unless they don't do dealers, like Tesla/Rivian/Lucid/etc). Dealers not all telling the same story, however, seems to be the bigger problem
While I agree ... Ineos consumers are a different kind of car buyer, who expect a different kind of car company. They broke the mold and made something unique, which we all love - now isn't the time to fade into "Well the way the auto industry works is..."

Be different, be better.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ford had some missteps launching the Bronco during the pandemic but they owned the communication channels and still do. That’s where the brand equity is made or lost and that can’t be delegated down to the dealer level.

What frustrates me is that the IG issues are pretty minor overall. The things that get blown out of proporation could easily be managed and things like ADAS are regional issues that are even more easily managed.

This thread has 28,000 views and we know it’s being monitored at the manufacturer and dealer levels. If INEOS would send out a communication to the dealers saying there willl be a fix or there won’t, people (like me) would shut up and move on.

Back
Top Bottom