The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
IG brought home 20 days ago.

2 problems so far:

- "transport mode active" light always on with relative yellow triangle

- high "tyre pressure alarm" after 3 hours on the highway in the middle of winter at 1° and in the rain.
the pressure physiologically rose from 2.50 to 2.90 bar. at that point the high pressure warning ONLY appeared ON ONE TIRE. after a few hours of rest with the pressure returning to 2.5/2.6 bar the alarm persisted..... I tried to reset the pressure but nothing helped... in the end the next day the alarm disappeared . Very annoying...
furthermore, the pressures shown in the alarm box on the left do not correspond to those in the right box
if the alarm starts with a ∆ of +/- 0.4 bar I think that this summer I will have to inflate the tires with nitrogen to avoid the expansion.....
Take it to your dealers. They will reset the parameters on the TPMS sensors. Pretty easy job. I had it too and definitely unacceptable for a new car, where is the QC at Ineos?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Yes try this first. Goto settings, vehicle information, tyre pressure, reset. Make sure you reset after inflating using cold tyres pressure.
Seems I cannot set the car tpms higher than 49psi cold when trying to reset rears for towing. Tyres heat up and alarm goes off. Tyres are rated to 80psi. Perhaps if everyone speaks with their dealer to ask Ineos for a fix - to dumb it down to how normal tpms systems work. i.e. the consumer sets psi high and low alarms to meet the conditions - towing, sand etc.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
There appear to be two resets that are possible of the head unit.

If you hold down the mute button for ~6 seconds, the interactive portion ( right side for lhd cars) goes blank and any audio you were playing stops. I'm not sure what is reset by this, but holding the mute button for an additional six seconds will bring it back.

You can also power cycle the head unit by holding the mute button for ~30 seconds.

This works while driving - but seems to have some impact.on the odometer function until you stop and perform a full shut down (turn off car,.etc). If you do this while stationary, it has no impact on the odometer.

This will also reset your fuel economy calculation, hours driven, remaining range, trip counter, etc.

View attachment 7838724
Thanks for the reset trick, that could be useful in the future.
I tested it yesterday night, pressing it a long time (no chronometer) and ...
  • the right side info screen (Left Hand Drive) went blank, I mean "black" ;) after some seconds
  • the car computer started again after probably 20 seconds or more.
  • I checked the battery status and other "off road" stuff (after rebooting), and my battery showed 0% (see picture) while odometer was OK
20240129_193340.jpg

But after using my car again some 4 hours later battery showed 84% "state of charge", and that is more or less what I have in normal circumstances.

Reactions: IGL

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
it could just be the system to block the touch screen to be able to clean it.

it was like this on my Volvo V90

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reset trick, that could be useful in the future.
I tested it yesterday night, pressing it a long time (no chronometer) and ...
  • the right side info screen (Left Hand Drive) went blank, I mean "black" ;) after some seconds
  • the car computer started again after probably 20 seconds or more.
  • I checked the battery status and other "off road" stuff (after rebooting), and my battery showed 0% (see picture) while odometer was OK
View attachment 7841723

But after using my car again some 4 hours later battery showed 84% "state of charge", and that is more or less what I have in normal circumstances.
I have similar Jean. Showed 0% then started the engine and went to 80% charge. Bloody electronics, it would be much easier without them then would be none the wiser until something doesn’t work.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have similar Jean. Showed 0% then started the engine and went to 80% charge. Bloody electronics, it would be much easier without them then would be none the wiser until something doesn’t work.
Agree ignorance is bliss. The wife wants to know how many people on the forum have crashed because they are busy playing on the touch screen instead of concentrating on driving

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Agree ignorance is bliss. The wife wants to know how many people on the forum have crashed because they are busy playing on the touch screen instead of concentrating on driving
I was getting a constant eyes on the road from SWMBO. I’ve since begun to master the center console control knob ;)

Philippe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
J.'ai un problème avec la mise à jour, ça m'a enlever l'écran que l'on a en mode TT qui est bien pratique et je n'ai toujours pas de quoi sortir l'airbag passagés par contre mon concessionnaire est à 150 KM de chez moi et la dernière fois que je l'ai emmené en garantie ça m'a coûté 193€ de location de voiture car INEOS ne prend pas en charge d'après mon concessionnaire un véhicule de prêt

Local time
Reaction score
Today mine showed the state of charge at 0%, but after two 10 second resets it went back to 85%.
Oddly I kind of like some of the gremlins and knowing how to fix them.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine showed an odd warning for a few seconds this morning after starting before moving off. Beware rolling check levelling. Strange since I was on the drive, albeit a slight lean to the right where I'd park.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the driver's side front window switch illumination isn't working?

I've never noticed before until I tried to open my window in the dark and opened the rear instead as the illumination works for that!

Also Altitude indication has stopped working

I've had the big SW update a back in October

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Just picked mine up today, man what a beautiful rig!! Was greeted with some wild sounding turn indicators sounds. Low, then high pitch, than low pitch, screeching, and blown speaker sounding. What's the deal with this? Hearing impaired feature? Anyone else experience this??

Back
Top Bottom