The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Just picked mine up today, man what a beautiful rig!! Was greeted with some wild sounding turn indicators sounds. Low, then high pitch, than low pitch, screeching, and blown speaker sounding. What's the deal with this? Hearing impaired feature? Anyone else experience this??
Only when my wife is with me. 😀

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Just picked mine up today, man what a beautiful rig!! Was greeted with some wild sounding turn indicators sounds. Low, then high pitch, than low pitch, screeching, and blown speaker sounding. What's the deal with this? Hearing impaired feature? Anyone else experience this??
Hi Jackattack13, Congratulations on your New Grenadier. What color did you get?
The Grenadier does make some weird sounds, bongs, clicks and other non-worldly sounds. Not sure who programmed the sound warning notifications, however they must have been deaf. I once viewed something on TV, where a BMW Tech was going to spend 100's of hours to get just the right zen sounding bong for one single vehicle notification. Whoever did the Grenadier must have spent 10 seconds. I am sure this can easily be fixed by a software update. In the meantime, Welcome to the fun world of Grenadier. In the meantime embrace the experience as one day we all might miss those crazy sounds. Dabull

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jackattack13, Congratulations on your New Grenadier. What color did you get?
The Grenadier does make some weird sounds, bongs, clicks and other non-worldly sounds. Not sure who programmed the sound warning notifications, however they must have been deaf. I once viewed something on TV, where a BMW Tech was going to spend 100's of hours to get just the right zen sounding bong for one single vehicle notification. Whoever did the Grenadier must have spent 10 seconds. I am sure this can easily be fixed by a software update. In the meantime, Welcome to the fun world of Grenadier. In the meantime embrace the experience as one day we all might miss those crazy sounds. Dabull

Thanks! I got Eldoret Blue with a white contrast roof. So far the rig is fantastic! The only gripe is my turn indicator noises sound like I am trying to communicate with aliens. LOL. The speed warnings are already fading into the background so not too worried about that. Overall an amazing vehicle.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks! I got Eldoret Blue with a white contrast roof. So far the rig is fantastic! The only gripe is my turn indicator noises sound like I am trying to communicate with aliens. LOL. The speed warnings are already fading into the background so not too worried about that. Overall an amazing vehicle.
Hi Jackattack13, Congratulations on your new Grenadier. A great classic color choice.
DaBulll

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
The radio sound disappearing every so often ….. not only radio but also on apple play .. is a pain in the arse, technically speaking 🥴🙄

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The radio sound disappearing every so often ….. not only radio but also on apple play .. is a pain in the arse, technically speaking 🥴🙄
Does it drop out in the same location, ie topography, or is it randomly.
My Grenadier suffers from dropout but it is patchy here due topography. But it is the worse that other cars, it drops out sooner and stays out longer. I'm convinced the aerials are crap. The wife's car has an old stile external combined fm and dab+ whip aerial and that give the best and most stable reception

Jimxyz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This has been happening more often to me. It suddenly can’t find my iPhone so I delete and reconnect and half the time it won’t connect or Apple CarPlay doesn’t work. As much as I love the truck, that alone is enough to make me take my wife’s car when I go somewhere. Lol

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
This has been happening more often to me. It suddenly can’t find my iPhone so I delete and reconnect and half the time it won’t connect or Apple CarPlay doesn’t work. As much as I love the truck, that alone is enough to make me take my wife’s car when I go somewhere. Lol
I'm sorry to hear that from you. Do you have software version 1946? Apple CarPlay works fine for me.

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My IG has been a bit glitchy from the day I picked her up. Mostly when it came to the CCI (Wonderwheel) functions. It I really delayed in responding when I press a button, or when I press 1 function it will send me to another. Also, my fan control will turn on to max and not respond to the fan control at times. But today was the biggest glitch to date. I started my truck, everything was fine, about 5 minutes into my drive the turn signal sound turned into something that sounded like shorted out electricity. This went on for an hour. Through multiple restarts, and finally after sitting turned off for about 2 hours, finally went away. Listen to the video with the sound up and you will see, hear what I mean. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My IG has been a bit glitchy from the day I picked her up. Mostly when it came to the CCI (Wonderwheel) functions. It I really delayed in responding when I press a button, or when I press 1 function it will send me to another. Also, my fan control will turn on to max and not respond to the fan control at times. But today was the biggest glitch to date. I started my truck, everything was fine, about 5 minutes into my drive the turn signal sound turned into something that sounded like shorted out electricity. This went on for an hour. Through multiple restarts, and finally after sitting turned off for about 2 hours, finally went away. Listen to the video with the sound up and you will see, hear what I mean. Has anyone else experienced this?
Hi Matt
A few of us had problems in the early days however, the software update of the last few months sorted out most issues. The software, in my experience is very laggy when compared to the competition but should be workable. You need to take yours to be looked at.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @matt34 , at the very beginning, I think it was the first day, I also had a constant shrill beep. I can't remember, but I think it was in connection with switching on the lights or indicators. Then it never came again.
The heating and air conditioning work for me. However, as @Cheshire cat also mentioned, with a time delay. I can live with that. It doesn't bother me. Others have a problem with it. Have the vehicle checked in any case. Especially the software version.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @matt34 , at the very beginning, I think it was the first day, I also had a constant shrill beep. I can't remember, but I think it was in connection with switching on the lights or indicators. Then it never came again.
The heating and air conditioning work for me. However, as @Cheshire cat also mentioned, with a time delay. I can live with that. It doesn't bother me. Others have a problem with it. Have the vehicle checked in any case. Especially the software version.
Hi Rovie
Now you mention it. I do remember early on in ownership, having that shrill noise that I couldn’t silence. Stopped the car, switched off the ignition, got out and locked the car and it was still going. Some minutes later, it stopped and I never had the issue over the following seven thousand miles and the software update.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve just gotten the orange triangle with exclamation point on the warning lights and the notice “Cooling Fan error”. Anyone know what’s going on there? Thanks!

Reactions: PBD

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you see which version of software you are currently running?
You can have shown the version somewhere in the display menu. However, I can't remember where and I don't have access to my Grenadier at the moment. Sorry.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you see which version of software you are currently running?
Without actually checking myself since I'm not in the vehicle, I think it is- settings - vehicle settings- and scroll down, from memory it I'd the last option

Back
Top Bottom