The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
It seems everyone who has received & driven their Grenadier and is contributing to the treads "What did you do with your Gren today" and "First impressions" are mentioning varying degrees of software issues.

Either drivers are pushing too many operational buttons, the wrong buttons or buttons in the wrong sequence - but bells are going off like it's Christmas!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It seems everyone who has received & driven their Grenadier and is contributing to the treads "What did you do with your Gren today" and "First impressions" are mentioning varying degrees of software issues.

Either drivers are pushing too many operational buttons, the wrong buttons or buttons in the wrong sequence - but bells are going off like it's Christmas!
Or………the IG has more in common with LR than we’d all like. 🤨

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or………the IG has more in common with LR than we’d all like. 🤨
I can just see the LR community starting to smirk right about now.

Hopefully these software gremlins can be quickly resolved through a 20 minute SWU (software update) at the agent

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere before I came across this thread... from the Book of Land Rover Life Lessons...
Computer Gremlins? check the charge of the main battery! (Post #324 in the below thread)

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
i've had one, the tyre pressure telling be that the rear nearside tyre pressure is wrong once the tyres warm up, i checks the pressures and all within 1/2lb but the RNS tyre was the one out. let some air out and its ok now. (y)
it does however keep telling me the rear passengers are not wearing their seatbelts even when in on my own.
One thing i hate is i can't reverse with the drivers door ajar/open have to find a solution to that🤬
If you sit with the ignition on but not started all sorts of warnings flash up.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
i've had one, the tyre pressure telling be that the rear nearside tyre pressure is wrong once the tyres warm up, i checks the pressures and all within 1/2lb but the RNS tyre was the one out. let some air out and its ok now. (y)
it does however keep telling me the rear passengers are not wearing their seatbelts even when in on my own.
One thing i hate is i can't reverse with the drivers door ajar/open have to find a solution to that🤬
If you sit with the ignition on but not started all sorts of warnings flash up.
Have a look at these here:

Reactions: @nd

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
To date I have had 4 different warning lights (in sequence, on each different outing) all intermittent none affected the driving of the car per se. The only one that was a slight pain was the ghost rear seat occupant driving belt warning which was accompanied by an alarm

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
To summarise we have:
  • Rear Seat Belt warnings - a few owners - possibly fix from Amazon or buckle up.
  • Power Steering Pump message - clears after 5
  • Tyre Pressure Warning messages - a few owners
  • Power steering warning came on, and after a restart, the PDC warning also came on - quote @rovie
  • It is suggested that battery condition maybe causing some of the above.

Any others to add to the list? Are there owners with NO problems?

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Another suggestion would be checking the fuses. A problem some of the wrangler JLs had from factory was fuses not being seated in their holders correctly. A mate of mine had issues driving through France with his when he first got it, I tried this and over 50% of fuses in the box were almost hanging out.

Probably not a solution but just a thought

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Another suggestion would be checking the fuses. A problem some of the wrangler JLs had from factory was fuses not being seated in their holders correctly. A mate of mine had issues driving through France with his when he first got it, I tried this and over 50% of fuses in the box were almost hanging out.
Is the fuse insertion done by robots?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really don't want this to happen
To summarise we have:
  • Rear Seat Belt warnings - a few owners - possibly fix from Amazon or buckle up.
  • Power steering warning came on, and after a restart, the PDC warning also came on - quote @rovie

No.

I have examined all the posts from current forum owners.

I think the entire population has experienced some form of electrical/software/warning type problem.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To summarise we have:

As of today, I have not come across anything to worry about on the electrical front. The Gren does like to shout at you if you’ve left a door open, break the speed limi or a list of other safety related stuff.. We got it properly filthy last weekend and it’s had two beastings with the pressure washer, and no resulting electrical issues to report. It may just be me, but it’s really easy to powerwash. It doesn’t have many blind angles that usually clog up and you’ve got to dig out. Both the bash plates, front and rear, came up really clean as you can get the jet directly in to them from the wheel arches. I guess the only residual post wash issue was the drivers power window was a bit louder in operation.

The only messages that were alarming were “transmission error” and “power steering“ and I just restarted and they cleared. It has only happened a few times and it has only happened after a hot re start. From cold, it’s as good as gold.. 600 miles on it so far..

The only thing I can’t sort is the dab radio favourite station settings. I can set the favourites but then it refuses to let me change station. I’m doing something wrong.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The only messages that were alarming were “transmission error” and “power steering“ and I just restarted and they cleared. It has only happened a few times and it has only happened after a hot re start. From cold, it’s as good as gold.. 600 miles on it so far..
Still very concerning that the messages have appeared more than once.

Someone asked the question above about Software editions - you would think these issues would be sorted prior to sale. My wife won’t accept we are in effect test customers-as the time we ignore a message could be the one we should have taken notice of!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Still very concerning that the messages have appeared more than once.

Someone asked the question above about Software editions - you would think these issues would be sorted prior to sale. My wife won’t accept we are in effect test customers-as the time we ignore a message could be the one we should have taken notice of!
If you buy an EV you get used to software issues. Most of them are false alarms , annoying but you just press reset rather than get the dealer out of bed.
The IG is also a computer on wheels , whether we like it or not.
Welcome to 2023!

Back
Top Bottom