The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Just picked ours up from the dealer friday. Runs amazing, better MPG than even expected. Couple Gremlins but seems to be 100% due to the safety systems and disabling them. They come and go. Ill list what we have experienced thus far. Nothing major and my perception is all of them would be fixed with some udpated firmware. If these are previously discussed, I apologize I didnt read through all 65 pages of this thread. But figure it can help as this is a current post today for timeline:

1. Turn off the speed awareness clicking thingy - Shows that warning light that its off. Thats normal. But the AEB and the LDW will show malfunction randomly after stopping. specfically when the start stop kicks in and kicks off when we have the truck move again.
2. Opened the hood - warning light came on when driving after it was clearly shut the entire way. Stopped the truck - got out and reopened and closed it, went away....
3. seat belt sensors in the rear - if you have little gremlins of your own (kiddos), if they remove there seat belts when the car is moving and move over to a new seat in the back, the seat belt warning stays on till you either stop the car completely, or turn it off and restart. (At least for now thats what it does). And if that person moves back to their original seat, it sets off the other one lol.
4. The info system can take a few clicks to get going sometimes. press favorites 2-3 times before it actually takes you to the favorites.

Again this is all pretty minor stuff. I know I would love to have a firmware update that allows us to turn off the collision, speed, and LDW safety features that also allows us to turn off the warning lights as well so that dash doesnt look like a christmas tree 24/7 - Also turn those features off and stay off. That will probably come down the road im sure as other vehicles have this. Start/Stop seems to be the only one consistently across the board that will default back to on everytime you start the vehicle up across multiple manufacturers. (Unless im missing a truck that doesnt do that which is nice).

Will post updates as they arise, and will post if I hear from any of the dealers we work with if any firmware updates get released for the US owners. (assuming they may be different).

Cheers,
AJ

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just picked ours up from the dealer friday. Runs amazing, better MPG than even expected. Couple Gremlins but seems to be 100% due to the safety systems and disabling them. They come and go. Ill list what we have experienced thus far. Nothing major and my perception is all of them would be fixed with some udpated firmware. If these are previously discussed, I apologize I didnt read through all 65 pages of this thread. But figure it can help as this is a current post today for timeline:

1. Turn off the speed awareness clicking thingy - Shows that warning light that its off. Thats normal. But the AEB and the LDW will show malfunction randomly after stopping. specfically when the start stop kicks in and kicks off when we have the truck move again.
2. Opened the hood - warning light came on when driving after it was clearly shut the entire way. Stopped the truck - got out and reopened and closed it, went away....
3. seat belt sensors in the rear - if you have little gremlins of your own (kiddos), if they remove there seat belts when the car is moving and move over to a new seat in the back, the seat belt warning stays on till you either stop the car completely, or turn it off and restart. (At least for now thats what it does). And if that person moves back to their original seat, it sets off the other one lol.
4. The info system can take a few clicks to get going sometimes. press favorites 2-3 times before it actually takes you to the favorites.

Again this is all pretty minor stuff. I know I would love to have a firmware update that allows us to turn off the collision, speed, and LDW safety features that also allows us to turn off the warning lights as well so that dash doesnt look like a christmas tree 24/7 - Also turn those features off and stay off. That will probably come down the road im sure as other vehicles have this. Start/Stop seems to be the only one consistently across the board that will default back to on everytime you start the vehicle up across multiple manufacturers. (Unless im missing a truck that doesnt do that which is nice).

Will post updates as they arise, and will post if I hear from any of the dealers we work with if any firmware updates get released for the US owners. (assuming they may be different).

Cheers,
AJ
That’s great for all of us-more options coming!

if I may ask, what was your preorder number and the last 4 of your VIN?

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t remember my preorder number off the top of my head but I’m pretty sure my Vin is 7007. This one wasn’t our original order though. Ours was scheduled for next year in Jan but a guy canceled his order (this one) and it just nearly matched our build, so we snagged it from our dealer so we can get started sooner on product development.

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score

Cheers,
AJ
Item 2
The dealer found one of the two hood latches not latching properly or intermittently - hood latch handle requires 2 x pulls to open hood - if it opens on pull one the latches are not adjusted ( easy fix ) - in my case the car would only lock from the key but not either fob

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer found one of the two hood latches not latching properly or intermittently - hood latch handle requires 2 x pulls to open hood - if it opens on pull one the latches are not adjusted ( easy fix ) - in my case the car would only lock from the key but not either fob
The display screen will tell you if the latching is incorrect.
Hood requires a good drop to ensure it's properly shut.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
I have discovered a new feature:
Listening to DAB radio on the drive home today.
When I turn on switch Ext 2/3, the radio goes off.
When I turn it off, it works again!
Gremlins from the developer?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
That warning noise that you get when reversing and about to hit something came on the other day and would not turn off even after a ten k drive in forward gear. Turn the car off and start again and the noise is still there. Got into its brain via the central touch screen "Settings" then I think "Audio" then "PDC settings" turn to "Off" and turn "on" again and still there so ....turn "off" again and get out of car and go shopping at Bunnings and come back, turn PDC settings back "on" and all OK ....... for your info.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:39 PM
Reaction score
Anyone experienced any weird readings within the “Offroad” Attitude display? When the car first came home, in my driveway the vehicle displayed 0 degrees of both pitch and roll.
Today, in the same perfectly flat driveway, the car said it was 54 degrees nose up and 4 degrees of roll to the left!
I’m also having the same reversing sensor issues in that the car thinks I’m about to run into something behind and to the right, when there is nothing there. It’s almost as if it thinks the spare tyre is an obstacle!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone experienced any weird readings within the “Offroad” Attitude display? When the car first came home, in my driveway the vehicle displayed 0 degrees of both pitch and roll.
Today, in the same perfectly flat driveway, the car said it was 54 degrees nose up and 4 degrees of roll to the left!
I’m also having the same reversing sensor issues in that the car thinks I’m about to run into something behind and to the right, when there is nothing there. It’s almost as if it thinks the spare tyre is an obstacle!
I'm not familiar with either of these, but I'll look out for them on my next few rides.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
I've seen that on the "Attitude" display. Not something I often look at, but will keep an eye on it and report again.

Local time
Reaction score
Really? if you read through the forum most owners have issues with sensors, whether it be door catch, proximity, angles, or seat belt, they all have a turn of annoying owners
Hence the reason I am waiting till the next model to see if IG have fixed them, who cares if there is a price increase if it’s a better car because it will reflect that at sale time

Reactions: CB

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had my first electrical gremlin today, the steering wheel control buttons and the center console buttons were not working on the head unit. After shutting engine off, the head unit stayed on. I got the fuse box schematic card from the manual to figure out which fuse to pull out to reset it. I stared at it, and the under ignition fuse panel, confused, for 10 minutes…..until I realized the provided schematic is for RHD vehicles and it is reversed. I finally figured out the correct fuse to pull out and the head unit reset. Seems back to normal now.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That warning noise that you get when reversing and about to hit something came on the other day and would not turn off even after a ten k drive in forward gear. Turn the car off and start again and the noise is still there. Got into its brain via the central touch screen "Settings" then I think "Audio" then "PDC settings" turn to "Off" and turn "on" again and still there so ....turn "off" again and get out of car and go shopping at Bunnings and come back, turn PDC settings back "on" and all OK ....... for your info.
Mine happens now and again after the software update. Just a continuous beep when reversing. Another annoying gremlin.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had my first electrical gremlin today, the steering wheel control buttons and the center console buttons were not working on the head unit. After shutting engine off, the head unit stayed on. I got the fuse box schematic card from the manual to figure out which fuse to pull out to reset it. I stared at it, and the under ignition fuse panel, confused, for 10 minutes…..until I realized the provided schematic is for RHD vehicles and it is reversed. I finally figured out the correct fuse to pull out and the head unit reset. Seems back to normal now.
There appear to be two resets that are possible of the head unit.

If you hold down the mute button for ~6 seconds, the interactive portion ( right side for lhd cars) goes blank and any audio you were playing stops. I'm not sure what is reset by this, but holding the mute button for an additional six seconds will bring it back.

You can also power cycle the head unit by holding the mute button for ~30 seconds.

This works while driving - but seems to have some impact.on the odometer function until you stop and perform a full shut down (turn off car,.etc). If you do this while stationary, it has no impact on the odometer.

This will also reset your fuel economy calculation, hours driven, remaining range, trip counter, etc.

1000011774.jpg

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have experienced similar once.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has basically never worked, hopefully software update later this month might fix it.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was somewhat similar...then my wife called out that David Warner had been snared LBW on appeal ! Strewth! the Grenadier didn't even have the radio on but it must have felt the earth move with Warner's dismissal! :cool: :ninja:

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There appear to be two resets that are possible of the head unit.

If you hold down the mute button for ~6 seconds, the interactive portion ( right side for lhd cars) goes blank and any audio you were playing stops. I'm not sure what is reset by this, but holding the mute button for an additional six seconds will bring it back.

You can also power cycle the head unit by holding the mute button for ~30 seconds.

This works while driving - but seems to have some impact.on the odometer function until you stop and perform a full shut down (turn off car,.etc). If you do this while stationary, it has no impact on the odometer.

This will also reset your fuel economy calculation, hours driven, remaining range, trip counter, etc.

View attachment 7838724
That was my first thought too, but as I mentioned, all steering wheel buttons, as well as center console buttons were not working. The only way, ASFAIK, is to pull the head unit fuse out.

m18rus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious, those that have collected the Grenadier - how many are experiencing SOFTWARE / ELECTRICAL GREMLINS?
Had mine 6 weeks now. Ex demo July 2023 model. Under 5k miles. Media unit failed. On order. Intermittent set of warnings random, uphill assist, downhill assist, ESC unavailable, reduced braking performance & cruise control doesn't operate. 'Rings' or sensors in the wheels I'm told? Dealer waiting for guidance from HQ, Ineos. The faults reset after a turn off for a few minutes. Wonder how the insurance company would react to driving a vehicle showing reduced brakeing performance?

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
IG brought home 20 days ago.

2 problems so far:

- "transport mode active" light always on with relative yellow triangle

- high "tyre pressure alarm" after 3 hours on the highway in the middle of winter at 1° and in the rain.
the pressure physiologically rose from 2.50 to 2.90 bar. at that point the high pressure warning ONLY appeared ON ONE TIRE. after a few hours of rest with the pressure returning to 2.5/2.6 bar the alarm persisted..... I tried to reset the pressure but nothing helped... in the end the next day the alarm disappeared . Very annoying...
furthermore, the pressures shown in the alarm box on the left do not correspond to those in the right box
if the alarm starts with a ∆ of +/- 0.4 bar I think that this summer I will have to inflate the tires with nitrogen to avoid the expansion.....

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom