The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I got that message 2 days ago when playing around (some of us can't help experimenting with the controls)
I held the restart button before turning the ignition on and bingo! Error message.
Had to turn off , lock car and wait a few minutes. Then it fixed itself.
Thanks Tazzieman, that is interesting. For me the message popped up during driving on the highway. And I was definitely not driving in offroad or wading mode. After a short break when car was switched off and on again, the message disappeared, just to pop up again have an hour later during driving. Strange thing.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
I’m on the old software version on my Petrol engine and every time I fill up I get a standard >450 km range indication which seems to be about right for the conditions I’m driving in

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Tonight, driving in the country, with my recently picked up Grenadier (only 220 miles on the odometer), at 50mph on a country road, the tell-tale screen lit up like a Christmas tree.

• All yellow
  • 7 of them. Maybe 9. Here are the ones I could remember
  • B1 (esc fault)
  • C2 (forward collision warning)
  • C5 (front camera warning)
  • C11 (overall warning)
  • B8 (check engine)
  • B9 (transmission failure)
Note, after turning off the engine, the yellow B9 (transmission failure) stayed on. Nothing changed in how the car drove from when the lights came on. I also turned off the engine, removed the key, to see if they would go away. Nope. They all came back on.

Anyone experience this? Suggestions? Thanks!

Attachments

• Grenadier Tell tale display 7 warning lights.jpg
    Grenadier Tell tale display 7 warning lights.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Tonight, driving in the country, with my recently picked up Grenadier (only 220 miles on the odometer), at 50mph on a country road, the tell-tale screen lit up like a Christmas tree.

• All yellow
  • 7 of them. Maybe 9. Here are the ones I could remember
  • B1 (esc fault)
  • C2 (forward collision warning)
  • C5 (front camera warning)
  • C11 (overall warning)
  • B8 (check engine)
  • B9 (transmission failure)
Note, after turning off the engine, the yellow B9 (transmission failure) stayed on. Nothing changed in how the car drove from when the lights came on. I also turned off the engine, removed the key, to see if they would go away. Nope. They all came back on.

Anyone experience this? Suggestions? Thanks!
I suggest you take it to the dealer and get them to diagnose the issue, all other comments will be purely conjecture (y)

Last edited:

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
wow...that's a lot. That many warning light I have only during the ignition sequence. Before my software update, I had a few that occasionally light up while driving. Then after the software update no warning lights until recently suddenly the ESC-OFF light in yellow came up in the middle of driving.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone found their Key to be a bit iffy when locking/unlocking the car?
No , but dirt/moisture could get in; also the battery might be dying or slightly off course .
I'd replace the battery and see if it fixes things.

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
I suggest you take it to the dealer and et them to diagnose the issue, all other comments will be purely conjecture (y)
good piont, and agree. Sadly I am 200 miles from my dealer, in the mountains, in winter, at Christmas time. Not the ideal circumstance! Appreciate the reply.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
when i unlock the car and start driving i have rear door open alarm goes off when accelerating or over big bumps. I recluse the doors and the problem goes away.
Murray2105 I drove my Grenadier on a recent trip on some outback highways and when going through dips i would get a 'bong' sound. Had me confused but I have read recently that it is to do with the adjustment of the rear door. The car must have sensed a momentary open signal and hence the bong sound. Dealer readjusted the door today but it happened so infrequently it might be a while before i test it out.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had my software update about two months ago and first it looked all fine, but now since a week or so I experienced a new error message, saying: ESC-OFF - downhill/uphill assistent not available. It seems to appear randomly while driving.
And another issue, which my dealer could not explain is the following: When I fill up the car to 100%, my display shows the remaining distance in km just as >570 km instead of the correct number as you can see in the picture. My question: Has anyone same experience with the display? What is shown there, when you when your gasoline tank is fully filled up? I would appreciate, if you could show me photos, because my dealer argues that this could be a restriction on the display which possibly cannot show more than 570. I think, this is a silly explanation....why should any software engineer restrict the display just to that number?
I get the same >570 for a while and then it starts to count down. Does not bother me, I am only worried when it’s says 20 or less.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I get the same >570 for a while and then it starts to count down. Does not bother me, I am only worried when it’s says 20 or less.
My last fill up it dropped to ">390"..

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe you drive it like you stole it and it’s just being realistic???
Maybe it's just the gremlin. When your vehicle's named Gimli , expect an orc or elf in every system

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A new one for me today. Engine Control Error. Just in the local cash wash and when I’ve started the engine to move forward a couple of feet it’s flashed up on the infotainment screen not the Warning Display

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the Grenadier is long due another software update (after the previous one) as most people have reported different gremlins. My dealer wants to change the reverse sensors. I told them not to. It’s a software issue. It sometimes continually beeps. Beeps when there is no one sat in the rear seat (stops when I put the seatbelt on). High TPMS wheel warning. All of the issues are intermittent.

Back
Top Bottom