The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who’s using it as a daily driver?

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Apple worked with a wire initially, then wirelessly. I can only speak for the Nokia 5.4 and someone has a Samsung at work and we both needed a wire, but I don't know if his worked wirelessly. Android definitly has the feature I've seen it.
Did another 400km today, the seat belt noise went off for an hour really annoying, but when we got home we reversed out of aldi, it didn't go off, not sure if related or just a coincidence but we had tried turning the car off and on again 10-15 times over that time
Round Trip to yea, Alexandra, Marysville back to melb.
Car handles amazingly well.
Lots checking it out, 2 asked directly and we're really interested.

Attachments

• IMG_20230624_124957_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230624_124957_HDR.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20230624_144902_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230624_144902_HDR.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20230624_141835_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230624_141835_HDR.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 80

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
This is what happens every time I get in and out
But you do have rock sliders not side steps, so is it reasonable to think you are sliding over the seat bolster when getting in and pulling the edge of the cover off?

Reactions: PBD

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted and been living with the Melvill & Moon seat covers ??
How do they compare with the OEM ones for fit and function ??
Thanks

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But you do have rock sliders not side steps, so is it reasonable to think you are sliding over the seat bolster when getting in and pulling the edge of the cover off?
No the seat cover doesn't wrap under, it has those 2 tags that do nothing to keep it in place. I have other IMG_20230624_142333_HDR.jpg seat covers and they've wrapped under the frot part of the seat to stop it shifting. The seat is high, and I'm 6ft, that's not the issue.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted and been living with the Melvill & Moon seat covers ??
How do they compare with the OEM ones for fit and function ??
Thanks
If they are good then I will pick some up whilst in South Africa. Hopefully cheaper down there.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No the seat cover doesn't wrap under, it has those 2 tags that do nothing to keep it in place. I have other View attachment 7817712 seat covers and they've wrapped under the frot part of the seat to stop it shifting. The seat is high, and I'm 6ft, that's not the issue.
I've ordered the full set of seat covers from IA. I also, some weeks back, spoke to Steffi at M&M and ordered their set in sand, a rear wheel protector (hope fits 33's) in charcoal and a dash cover. Did so because of some photos past of the Ineos ones.

I plan to leave them at Jardines and request a refund from IA. Hahahaha, whats the chances I wonder. Or perhaps off-set them against some spares.

Steffi kindly said would send me a dash cover in charcoal and in sand to choose, because I reckon the sand one will reflect too much light n the windscreen.

Building my car bit by bit. I have 5x 17" steel wheels, 5x M/T's on order, and due seat covers and winch extender line. Just need the motor now!!!

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks I'll let ineos know that they need a warning:
seat covers should only be purchased if you purchase the side steps!
Otherwise they should provide written instructions on how to get in and out of a car!
Or they could just have a test at the dealership and say, sorry you can't get into the car, sorry you can't buy it.
Because that's how stupid your comment reads.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish for the price.
I agree, especially seeing them in the video at Goodwood in the UK, I immediately removed that option from my build. Saw a new owner take possession last weekend with them and thought....I wonder if he's regretting taking that option, they honestly looked woeful

Reactions: PBD

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Otherwise they should provide written instructions on how to get in and out of a car!
Or they could just have a test at the dealership and say, sorry you can't get into the car, sorry you can't buy it.
I agree - if Ineos provide seat covers - you expect them to stay in place irrespective of how you gain access to the vehicle.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No the seat cover doesn't wrap under, it has those 2 tags that do nothing to keep it in place. I have other View attachment 7817712 seat covers and they've wrapped under the frot part of the seat to stop it shifting. The seat is high, and I'm 6ft, that's not the issue.
I wonder if there is a draw-string or hooks missing that threads through those tabs? They do look purpose-specific? If there are tabs on the other side as well I could make that work.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now that's not necessary.

Are you implying the seat covers end up like in your photo all on their own; or as a result of the way you are getting in and out of the vehicle?

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a draw-string or hooks missing that threads through those tabs? They do look purpose-specific? If there are tabs on the other side as well I could make that work.
I thought that it might be draw strings as well, but they almost feel like they are little weights. They are stitched completely. The inside has a deeper material cut, the front has elastic and the outside only has an inch or so because of the hand level being in the way (which has the two weights)

Attachments

• IMG_20230625_073408_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230625_073408_HDR.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230625_073428_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230625_073428_HDR.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230625_073525_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230625_073525_HDR.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 40

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought that it might be draw strings as well, but they almost feel like they are little weights. They are stitched completely. The inside has a deeper material cut, the front has elastic and the outside only has an inch or so because of the hand level being in the way (which has the two weights)
I wonder if the "little weights" are to be tucked in somewhere, securing the cover?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in Houston, TX and in TX people frequent 75-80mph all day long. These are obviously US gal so mileage will be different but what mpg are you getting with the gas version and can you clarify which gallon? Dumb question but is the US gallon only in the US or does it have some international presence?

Secondly what’s it like as a daily driver? I drive about 12k miles a year. How’s the wind noise, stability, braking action, ability to stay in your lane going down a highway with the reported steering dead zone?
Wind noise is acceptable at 70mph, noticeable thereafter especially when it’s windy. Stability is great at high speed for a ladder frame vehicle but obviously no Land Rover Sport or X5. Brembo brakes are awesome. Steering requires a little correction but generally good on highway. No roll on corners which is surprisingly good.

Personally I can’t afford to run as a daily, also too big to navigate around the city. The steering will tire me out (requires a lot more turns). So my Grenadier is for weekend family adventures. I have a little run around for my daily.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Are the Ineos ones even canvas? (haven’t seen them in the flesh). They look no thicker than cloth.

I have MSA canvas covers for my 200 and I seriously hope they make some for the IG in time. (I see they have recaro ones so perhaps rhey will fit - I haven’t asked yet)

They are strong, well tailored, lined and attach securely to the seats via adjustable straps and buckles.

They aren’t on the car at the moment but I took some pics to provide an idea of how they are made.

For the price Ineos ask, I would have thought theirs would have been close to this.IMG_4133.jpegIMG_4134.jpeg

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that's not necessary.

Are you implying the seat covers end up like in your photo all on their own; or as a result of the way you are getting in and out of the vehicle?
I think the point he was making is that it shouldn’t matter how you get in/out. A quality set should stay put regardless of enter/exit technique…especially at the premium IG is charging.

I have to give CS a call to make some changes anyway, so I’ll add this to the list. I didn’t realize they were $450USD…what the hell was I thinking🫣🤡😂

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Are the Ineos ones even canvas? (haven’t seen them in the flesh). They look no thicker than cloth.

I have MSA canvas covers for my 200 and I seriously hope they make some for the IG in time. (I see they have recaro ones so perhaps rhey will fit - I haven’t asked yet)

They are strong, well tailored, lined and attach securely to the seats via adjustable straps and buckles.

They aren’t on the car at the moment but I took some pics to provide an idea of how they are made.

For the price Ineos ask, I would have thought theirs would have been close to this.View attachment 7817768View attachment 7817769
They are Cordura, similar to the material backpacks are made from.

Back
Top Bottom