The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who’s using it as a daily driver?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
we have chips, MPG, liters, feet and inches cm and meters, miles and yards, stones, pounds and ounces a truly odd place :ROFLMAO: 🤪
I'm driving a diesel according to my calculations i am getting between 30 and 32 mpg (slightly less than i previous thought) about 27/28 to the US gallon (y)
What's a stone? That's pretty good MPG my Discovery TD6 averages about 23 with slightly oversized BFG KO2s

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got the diesel. Daily driver. Have a 200 and a Jimny. It feels more solid, heavy and tight compared to the 200. Can’t compare to the Jimny. Seating position is better than anything I’ve ever driven- super high and unobstructed view out. It’s got loads of grunt, and it roars… I don’t hear noise- it’s a symphony. But that’s just me. Here’s something interesting- on short bursts, on certain roads, I seem to be getting to higher speeds than I would be comfortable with in my 200. I think it’s because you feel the road more, you feel more in control. The 200 is super smooth, perhaps a bit “numb” so I tend to be more cautious. My Grenadier is also much more refined on rough roads. The suspension setup is confident and you don’t hesitate. Note- I switched out the stock tyres immediately with 285/70s. I think that adds to the stability of the vehicle. I’ve also got some aftermarket wheels on the way with a lower offset so I’m expecting even more stability with the wider track. Regarding the steering- it’s definitely got more play than the 200, but it’s heavier- I personally like that. Having said that, driving a Jimny has taught me how to handle the steering play!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
Wow 35k/yr is no joke. You might want to start studying the manual on how to service the bearings, fluids, and start saving for an engine swap lol
The problem is not the engine, the problem is the weight and shape. Put any engine in it and it will use fuel.

Reactions: AWo

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably 60% - The Fit is a great little car to zip around town with and my work trip is 4 miles.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Fit? It’s fine doing 75 - cruises right along.
Saw where one review from a month and a half ago he said at highway speeds you had two hands on the wheel. Just wanted to hear other takes.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Saw where one review from a month and a half ago he said at highway speeds you had two hands on the wheel. Just wanted to hear other takes.
Are you asking about @Krabby's daily driver Fit or the Grenadier?

If the Grenadier (sorry I haven't driven a Fit, so I can't comment) one finger on the wheel is just fine to keep it in a lane; it's a very relaxed drive

Reactions: @nd

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today’s “imperial mp/g figures after a run😀😀 still over half a tank left 👍IMG_8257.jpeg

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Litres per 100 miles.
All over the shop.

So 3.6L per 100km. Yeah, nah.
We live in hope 🤪I will get a better idea when I fill up for the return journey. I have used a lot less than half a tank for the first 200 miles. I did an earlier check and it was coming back to about 28+ mpg.

Back
Top Bottom