The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who’s using it as a daily driver?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:59 PM
Reaction score
Are the Ineos ones even canvas? (haven’t seen them in the flesh). They look no thicker than cloth.
I wouldn't put canvas as top of my list of materials to have a seat cover made from?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the point he was making is that it shouldn’t matter how you get in/out. A quality set should stay put regardless of enter/exit technique…especially at the premium IG is charging.
True to a point but if you fit them badly and slide over the surface getting in, should you really be surprised at the outcome?

cowleyb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in Houston, TX and in TX people frequent 75-80mph all day long. These are obviously US gal so mileage will be different but what mpg are you getting with the gas version and can you clarify which gallon? Dumb question but is the US gallon only in the US or does it have some international presence?

Secondly what’s it like as a daily driver? I drive about 12k miles a year. How’s the wind noise, stability, braking action, ability to stay in your lane going down a highway with the reported steering dead zone?
I've done around 1200 miles, average 21mpg (UK). UK pints are 20 fl oz rather than US 16 fl oz, still 8 pints to the gallon whichever side of the Atlantic. One reason I always feel cheated when ordering a pint of beer in the US! So, divide 21 by 20, multiply by 16 at that's about 17 mpg US.
I've driven a lot of motorways at 70mph plus tax, no issues with stability, noise, etc. There is a lot of scaremongering going round from people who've never driven the vehicle. I've not experienced any dead zone on the stering.
I’m in Houston, TX and in TX people frequent 75-80mph all day long. These are obviously US gal so mileage will be different but what mpg are you getting with the gas version and can you clarify which gallon? Dumb question but is the US gallon only in the US or does it have some international presence?

Secondly what’s it like as a daily driver? I drive about 12k miles a year. How’s the wind noise, stability, braking action, ability to stay in your lane going down a highway with the reported steering dead zone?

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Strange issue today, fan wouldn't turn off, even with keys taken out and car locked. sounded similar to my turbo fan in old car, not even after 10 minutes and it was loud and pushing leaves on ground.
The only way I could get it off was remembering talk about turning off fans when going through water, so pressed the wading button then stuck it into 4x4 which fixed the problem.
Had previously been driving down afreeway at 110km and then into 80km zone

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the "little weights" are to be tucked in somewhere, securing the cover?
Thought the same, a fix would be some sort of clip, that you slide over the weight, and anchor on the underside of the seat with a hook

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep give those back, not fit for purpose.
Is the leather upgrade on the steering/handbrake worth the coin?
They do stand out, no idea, I thought I'm in for a penny, in for a pound!

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
True to a point but if you fit them badly and slide over the surface getting in, should you really be surprised at the outcome?
Not sure I understand the caveat of ’fit them badly’ but assuming the user fit them correctly….For the premium IG is charging YES!!

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep give those back, not fit for purpose.
Is the leather upgrade on the steering/handbrake worth the coin?
I’m a sucker for patina on leather, so I ordered it. Is it worth the $800usd they’re asking for a few bits of leather…probably not considering you can get a really nice full grain leather briefcase/bag for the same amount or less.

I think they’re going to require some work to get a nice even worn in look, otherwise you’re gonna have dark splotchy areas where you touch/grab often, and newer looking areas everywhere else, which isn’t as desirable IMHO.

Probably don’t want to eat fries while you drive unless you run your hands all over the leather 😂😂

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for patina on leather, so I ordered it. Is it worth the $800usd they’re asking for a few bits of leather…probably not considering you can get a really nice full grain leather briefcase/bag for the same amount or less.

I think they’re going to require some work to get a nice even worn in look, otherwise you’re gonna have dark splotchy areas where you touch/grab often, and newer looking areas everywhere else, which isn’t as desirable IMHO.

Probably don’t want to eat fries while you drive unless you run your hands all over the leather 😂😂
I didn’t add a scrap of leather to the build. I’m just skeptical of modern leather compared to modern synthetics. Besides, I spent that $800 on seat covers, which I am 100% confident I can make work and then I don’t have to sew my own!

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t add a scrap of leather to the build. I’m just skeptical of modern leather compared to modern synthetics. Besides, I spent that $800 on seat covers, which I am 100% confident I can make work and then I don’t have to sew my own!
Probably a smart move on your part.

Back
Top Bottom