The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who’s using it as a daily driver?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
I filled up today with 44.5 LTR diesel having driven 290 motorway miles which works out to 9.54L/100km or 29.5mpg(uk).
Giving a theoretical range of 835km or 518 miles
Happy days

Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
Are you asking about @Krabby's daily driver Fit or the Grenadier?

If the Grenadier (sorry I haven't driven a Fit, so I can't comment) one finger on the wheel is just fine to keep it in a lane; it's a very relaxed drive
I dont think we are all that interested in Krabbys Fit. :)

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
The Gren will be my daily drive. Start from downtown and then 20 km and back home. But also weekend off roading and summer vacation on Dolomites. It will be also my bycicles transporter...

P.S: can anyone, please, explain to me what a Fit is?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
P.S: can anyone, please, explain to me what a Fit is?
For our friends outside North America... It's a Honda Jazz
That is one of the "huge" ;) problems on this forum ...
Quite a lot of us have another mother tongue ...
  • therefore we don't understand everything
  • we misunderstand some stuff
  • we express an opinion with the wrong wording, therefore sometimes "perceived as" rude or inappropriate by English speaking people or even other non-English speaking people
Anyway ... fantastic people on this forum, different nationalities, different interests, different cultures, but all of us interested in this car ... "truck" as the Americans say, well, those of the USA say, there are other Americans ;)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We have five vehicles for two drivers. Two to be sold next month brings us down to three, then the Gren will bring us back to four. I’d like to say the Gren gets weekend and maybe 1-2 days per week.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is one of the "huge" ;) problems on this forum ...
Quite a lot of us have another mother tongue ...
  • therefore we don't understand everything
  • we misunderstand some stuff
  • we express an opinion with the wrong wording, therefore sometimes "perceived as" rude or inappropriate by English speaking people or even other non-English speaking people
Anyway ... fantastic people on this forum, different nationalities, different interests, different cultures, but all of us interested in this car ... "truck" as the Americans say, well, those of the USA say, there are other Americans ;)
After a quick research I found that a Fit is what a Honda Jazz is in Italy...

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
IMG_20230623_091032_HDR.jpg
img_20230623_091820_hdr-jpg.7817568

600km done in 2 days, 7-8 hrs driving
Absolutely love it.
Had my first work meeting in car, bloody awesome, could use laptop webcam without issue, console for coffee!

Steering what a crock of manure from others, 2 corners and you figure out you can't drive like a lunatic around a junction.
Software gremlins, having them constantly but nothing that hasn't disappeared on different drives.
Windscreen is surprisingly huge
Wipers, drove in heavy rain for an hour, the bottom right corner isn't covered, but if your looking down there at 100km/hr you're not looking at the road and have bigger issues
Head lights, I've never had so much light on dark country roads
Getting in and out is harder, bumped head a few times
Only a few have recognised the car, one seen my rego and thought it was the cycling team and didn't know there was a car company.
Indicator light needs to be replaced again, glue/epoxy just isn't sticking, but awesome to know it was printed on a 3d printer in Melbourne!
Seat covers are crap, and lift out of position every time I get in and out of car.
Impressions from others:
Son thinks the back seats are much harder than he likes for long drives
Wife struggles getting in car and can't read arm rest in door, I think it's awesome.
Steering wheel is awesome with the grab section on lower part so comfortable for one hand

Wow, it's a beast, holy crxp that's solid, quality of interior amazing, looks like a cockpit.
I work for a power system company supplying closed systems for caravans and the CEO said, that is the best electrical assembly he's seen and he previously worked in the auto industry.
Loves the display of power input/usage.
Loves the finishing of the control panels

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_091820_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230623_091820_HDR.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 319

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I own too many cars. The grenadier will be my eleventh. Until recently I would only put 5-7k miles per year on all of my cars combined. So I have a bunch of very low mileage cars. I’m now living in a rural location and commuting 60-70 miles per day for work. I want one vehicle that I will drive 95% of the time in a very cold and snowy climate. Total change for me and a big part of why the grenadier appeals to me. I’m not worried about efficiency (clearly). Capability in all conditions is primary. Reliability is hugely important to me also. I also want to love it and connect with it. Uniqueness and character also rank highly. I want this to be my last car for the last thirty years of my life. I’ll gradually sell my collection of cars. The more I enjoy the grenadier, the sooner I’ll part with my others.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7817567

Absolutely love it.
Had my first work meeting in car, bloody awesome, could use laptop webcam without issue, console for coffee!

Steering what a crock of manure from others, 2 corners and you figure out you can't drive like a lunatic around a junction.
Software gremlins, having them constantly but nothing that hasn't disappeared on different drives.
Wipers, drove in heavy rain for an hour, the bottom right corner isn't covered, but if your looking down there at 100km/hr you're not looking at the road and have bigger issues
Only a few have recognised the car, one seen my rego and thought it was the cycling team and didn't know there was a car company.
Indicator light needs to be replaced again, glue/epoxy just isn't sticking, but awesome to know it was printed on a 3d printer in Melbourne!
Seat covers are crap, and lift out of position every time I get in and out of car.
Impressions from others:
Wife struggles getting in car and can't read arm rest in door, I think it's awesome.
Steering wheel is awesome with the grab section on lower part so comfortable for one hand

Wow, it's a beast, holy crxp that's solid, quality of interior amazing, looks like a cockpit.
I work for a power system company supplying closed systems for caravans and the CEO said, that is the best electrical assembly he's seen and he previously worked in the auto industry.
No side steps?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I own too many cars. The grenadier will be my eleventh. Until recently I would only put 5-7k miles per year on all of my cars combined. So I have a bunch of very low mileage cars. I’m now living in a rural location and commuting 60-70 miles per day for work. I want one vehicle that I will drive 95% of the time in a very cold and snowy climate. Total change for me and a big part of why the grenadier appeals to me. I’m not worried about efficiency (clearly). Capability in all conditions is primary. Reliability is hugely important to me also. I also want to love it and connect with it. Uniqueness and character also rank highly. I want this to be my last car for the last thirty years of my life. I’ll gradually sell my collection of cars. The more I enjoy the grenadier, the sooner I’ll part with my others.
I am similar to you but maybe a few years ahead.

I had 6 cars (many older cars) only 2-3K per year & have been slowly reducing by 1 a year.

Now I have only 1 and 2 when the Grenadier comes in a few weeks.

Reactions: Max

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7817567

Absolutely love it.

Impressions from others:

That e-brake is pretty high isn’t it? Love the brown leather option

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7817567

Absolutely love it.

Impressions from others:

Great that you love it. Just for context, what were you driving before the IG?

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has that old-school truck handbrake setup...what is an e-brake...emergency? we in OZ call them handbrake or park brake
Ah, yes..Emergency Brake. I still call it a handbrake or parking brake also🤙🤙

I’ve driven a manual most of my life and only time I’ve seen them go that high is if the cable needs adjusting or a power lifter yanks on the lever, haha….after which it needs adjusting😂

Back
Top Bottom