The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA: Insurance

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
Who's shopped around and what have you found? I know it's location dependent but should still give an idea. I'm in Houston, Tx and my LR Discovery TD6 is about $2k/yr. Nothing on my record. Hoping this thing isn't insane.

My RR Sports is a tad lower than yours. I'm in San Diego. I suspect that the IG would be very close...

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Well I’ve had a hell of a time with insurance in NC. I’m with National General. The pricing is fine. But, because they have never heard of an Ineos Grenadier they wrote the policy on a Toyota Highlander with my Ineos ViN. All seemed amusing and great until I had to get a windshield replaced three weeks after taking delivery. Nat Gen works directly with Safelite, all good there, but Safelite confidently said they could replace it but they were thinking Toyota. When they found out it was an Ineos and that they couldn’t source the parts directly they declined to replace it. BTW it over $ 2800 to replace the windshield!!
Went with State Farm and they had no issues. Thanks for telling the price - that's about what I paid for the windshield warranty.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
My Liberty Mutual in IL running $1,600/yr

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up today. I am with farmers for 2 cars and home and they quoted me $4200 a year. Almost had a stroke. Doesn't help all the losses they have had in TX over the last several years. Finally went with progressive, would have been $600 for 6 months, but I had a small fender bender in a parking lot that hit it up to $1100 for 6 months (My dumbass tax). Will shop around to see where rates settle.

Also dealer went through extras to add on and said that the only one he is really pushing is the windshield coverage. For $2200 bucks I get covered on windshield replacement for 60 months. I never buy that kind of stuff, but with all the people on here with cracked windshields, I bit on the coverage. My salesman has a Grenadier and has gone through 2 windshields already. So if you get offered it, take it. It will pay for itself in one windshield if glass isn't part of your insurance coverage.

And I think I spotted a small chip already. Will see if it grows into a bigger chip.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up today. I am with farmers for 2 cars and home and they quoted me $4200 a year. Almost had a stroke. Doesn't help all the losses they have had in TX over the last several years. Finally went with progressive, would have been $600 for 6 months, but I had a small fender bender in a parking lot that hit it up to $1100 for 6 months (My dumbass tax). Will shop around to see where rates settle.

Also dealer went through extras to add on and said that the only one he is really pushing is the windshield coverage. For $2200 bucks I get covered on windshield replacement for 60 months. I never buy that kind of stuff, but with all the people on here with cracked windshields, I bit on the coverage. My salesman has a Grenadier and has gone through 2 windshields already. So if you get offered it, take it. It will pay for itself in one windshield if glass isn't part of your insurance coverage.

And I think I spotted a small chip already. Will see if it grows into a bigger chip.
Who's your dealer? At Mossy, Texas, I paid $1k for that windshield.

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score

Whoever’s underwriting that windshield coverage is going to lose their azz

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Who's your dealer? At Mossy, Texas, I paid $1k for that windshield.
It is Sewell, in Plano, TX. Interesting, going to give my salesman a call. Guess it’s also on me to not ask for a discount either. I think I just got caught up in actually getting my truck that I vapor locked on asking questions. Dumb on my part.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Coverage is a little less than my 2 year old R1S with state farm at $1050 a year although with 8 vehicles and only two drivers we do get some sort of a bulk discount.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

(y)Yep went with the windshield coverage for same reason - remarks about all the cracks.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was quoted at $798/6 months via USAA in Pennsylvania

That sounds a bit too high. Mine is about 430 for 6 mos with USAA. I have 3 others cars that I insure with them - plus my house. I did mess around with the policy terms a bit...

Local time
Reaction score
I live in inner city LA so not going to be comparable for most but I did alot of shopping and ended up with Progressive at $180 per month for 6 months. Full coverage with 100k liability. Geico and state farm both were 300-330 per month. I have no accidents or tickets.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I live in inner city LA so not going to be comparable for most but I did alot of shopping and ended up with Progressive at $180 per month for 6 months. Full coverage with 100k liability. Geico and state farm both were 300-330 per month. I have no accidents or tickets.
I think cost variability is simply boiling down to "Location, Location, Location" as they say.

Back
Top Bottom