The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas First 200 miles in the Grenadier in Kansas

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Had my Grenadier shipped in from Chris at Red Noland in Colorado Springs who has been beyond excellent with communication and in getting these vehicles to us. Initial impression, I love it. It's quirky, it's got some "european" stuff to it that just adds to the character. I haven't come into this thinking or even close to wanting a comparable vehicle to the other painfully boring and soulless new SUV's or trucks on the market with all the failure prone gadgets and gismos that seem to be the defining factors of the other manufacturers. I love the fact that these Grenadiers are purposeful in their pursuit and that is going to come with some things that set them apart. It drives solid, sometimes feels heavy but it's always planted. It's got plenty of power but it's not comparable, except for the torque, to anything else out there on the new market. It's comfortable and many have complained about the sitting position by the B pillar but I really like it, a lot actually. The drivers cockpit and sitting position with the big console, the safari window above me and the overhead switch panel is actually my favorite part of this vehicle outside of the exterior aesthetic that puts a but fat smile on my face every time I see it. Visibility is amazing, seeing both corners of the hood, having NOTHING in your line of sight as you look out over the hood is fantastic. I have NO desire for a HUD or any gizmos directly in front of me, those making a fuss out of having to glance a little to the side to see your speed make no sense to me but those people must have very limited peripheral vision. The over speed warning needs to be able to be turned off permanently but it's not terrible, I just set the "favorites" to that screen and two buttons and I'm back to the flawless Apple Car Play. I don't like that the grille LED lights have limited function and I will figure out how to switch them on and off at my leisure without having to be in a mode or use the high beams. The LED headlights are average at best, the low beam needs to be brighter. The cup holders are very european and laughably small.....that needs to be remedied and it's a little bizarre there are zero cup holders for the back seat. That needs to be remedied by Ineos and hopefully by the aftermarket. The seat heaters are night and day better than any other manufacturers seat heaters. I initially thought many of the "off road" screens would be hokey but they are actually rich with very good information. I wish they'd have installed the rear fog lamps like I assume they do across the pond, had a jaguar with those and I really liked it. The seats are fantastic with just enough support but not like the overdone bolsters of some of the vehicles on the market and I put an old sheepskin seat cover saved from one of my dads porsches......I love that sheepskin. Storage is great in the back but I need to figure out a rubberized pad to keep things from sliding about. No complaints from anyone who's ridden in the back seat.
We got about 8-10" of snow/ice last night so I took the opportunity to see how good this thing is in the ice and slop. The AWD system in this vehicle is next level, I never slipped a tire.....not once. I know the AWD systems in modern vehicles are getting pretty phenomenal and very confidence inspiring but the system in the Grenadier in conjunction with the heavy or planted feel that it provides makes it even better. Found myself one hand on the wheel in deep snow for kansas with an ice base going dry pavement speed limit many times and the braking was so good it surprised me.
I'm a fan, I'm a big fan. I'm really impressed because of how good it is but also because it ISN'T comparable to anything else out there mechanically, technologically and definitely not aesthetically....at least in the modern herd of disposable tech driven plastic SUV's on the market. A lot of people aren't going to like it for that reason and I like that.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Make sure that you didn't accidentally aim the headlights down. Overhead scroll wheel does this. The LED headlights seem more than adequate to me. This is coming from an Escalade with all LEDs and my wife's LED lit Model 3.
There is a rear fog lamp. It's the unmarked button on the front of the turn signal stalk.

Oh, and this is full time 4wd, not AWD. :D (y)

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've done a quick search, does anyone have a wiring diagram of the overhead console? I'm just assuming that the LED grille lights are wired to the off-road mode switches and I will then assume changing that or jumping the wires should be really quite easy to gain full functionality of those lights.....even if they don't seem to be reviewed as very bright anyway.

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Make sure that you didn't accidentally aim the headlights down. Overhead scroll wheel does this. The LED headlights seem more than adequate to me. This is coming from an Escalade with all LEDs and my wife's LED lit Model 3.
There is a rear fog lamp. It's the unmarked button on the front of the turn signal stalk.

Oh, and this is full time 4wd, not AWD. :D (y)
I've scrolled that headlight leveling thing multiple times and haven't seen any difference or seen the beam pattern change at all. I must not have gotten the rear fog lights as an option, that button is blanked off on my turn signal stalk. This is where I am going to reveal my ignorance of most things new.....what is the difference between AWD and full time 4WD? Is it that it's 2 speed and can switch between HIGH and LOW whereas the AWD systems can't?

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Had my Grenadier shipped in from Chris at Red Noland in Colorado Springs who has been beyond excellent with communication and in getting these vehicles to us. Initial impression, I love it. It's quirky, it's got some "european" stuff to it that just adds to the character. I haven't come into this thinking or even close to wanting a comparable vehicle to the other painfully boring and soulless new SUV's or trucks on the market with all the failure prone gadgets and gismos that seem to be the defining factors of the other manufacturers. I love the fact that these Grenadiers are purposeful in their pursuit and that is going to come with some things that set them apart. It drives solid, sometimes feels heavy but it's always planted. It's got plenty of power but it's not comparable, except for the torque, to anything else out there on the new market. It's comfortable and many have complained about the sitting position by the B pillar but I really like it, a lot actually. The drivers cockpit and sitting position with the big console, the safari window above me and the overhead switch panel is actually my favorite part of this vehicle outside of the exterior aesthetic that puts a but fat smile on my face every time I see it. Visibility is amazing, seeing both corners of the hood, having NOTHING in your line of sight as you look out over the hood is fantastic. I have NO desire for a HUD or any gizmos directly in front of me, those making a fuss out of having to glance a little to the side to see your speed make no sense to me but those people must have very limited peripheral vision. The over speed warning needs to be able to be turned off permanently but it's not terrible, I just set the "favorites" to that screen and two buttons and I'm back to the flawless Apple Car Play. I don't like that the grille LED lights have limited function and I will figure out how to switch them on and off at my leisure without having to be in a mode or use the high beams. The LED headlights are average at best, the low beam needs to be brighter. The cup holders are very european and laughably small.....that needs to be remedied and it's a little bizarre there are zero cup holders for the back seat. That needs to be remedied by Ineos and hopefully by the aftermarket. The seat heaters are night and day better than any other manufacturers seat heaters. I initially thought many of the "off road" screens would be hokey but they are actually rich with very good information. I wish they'd have installed the rear fog lamps like I assume they do across the pond, had a jaguar with those and I really liked it. The seats are fantastic with just enough support but not like the overdone bolsters of some of the vehicles on the market and I put an old sheepskin seat cover saved from one of my dads porsches......I love that sheepskin. Storage is great in the back but I need to figure out a rubberized pad to keep things from sliding about. No complaints from anyone who's ridden in the back seat.
We got about 8-10" of snow/ice last night so I took the opportunity to see how good this thing is in the ice and slop. The AWD system in this vehicle is next level, I never slipped a tire.....not once. I know the AWD systems in modern vehicles are getting pretty phenomenal and very confidence inspiring but the system in the Grenadier in conjunction with the heavy or planted feel that it provides makes it even better. Found myself one hand on the wheel in deep snow for kansas with an ice base going dry pavement speed limit many times and the braking was so good it surprised me.
I'm a fan, I'm a big fan. I'm really impressed because of how good it is but also because it ISN'T comparable to anything else out there mechanically, technologically and definitely not aesthetically....at least in the modern herd of disposable tech driven plastic SUV's on the market. A lot of people aren't going to like it for that reason and I like that.
Awesome. Where are you located, I am in Lawrence.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've scrolled that headlight leveling thing multiple times and haven't seen any difference or seen the beam pattern change at all. I must not have gotten the rear fog lights as an option, that button is blanked off on my turn signal stalk. This is where I am going to reveal my ignorance of most things new.....what is the difference between AWD and full time 4WD? Is it that it's 2 speed and can switch between HIGH and LOW whereas the AWD systems can't?
In most cases AWD drive will default to FWD in most cases and engages AWD when needed (slippery roads, uphill, etc.). Permanent 4WD, the Grenadiers chosen method) all 4 wheels are engaged at all times. Typically AWD drive is utilized to help with traction and to save on fuel consumption by not driving all 4 wheels at the same time, all the time. The electronic stability control (ESC)/traction control will allow the computer to limit a tires rotation in case of a loss of traction (this is determined by the computer and sensors).

This is my general understanding and I'm not an expert. Others on here could probably clarify/correct me if I am wrong or misunderstanding the functions.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score

Thanks so much for all the info Blndr! I really appreciate it! Makes it more and more that I can't wait to get mine!!!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
REAR fog lights? I remember a third brake light or something to help with driving in foggy traffic in the EU, but rear fog lights?

God bless you for taking on an IG with the dealer that far away and uncertain local service options.

Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
REAR fog lights? I remember a third brake light or something to help with driving in foggy traffic in the EU, but rear fog lights?

God bless you for taking on an IG with the dealer that far away and uncertain local service options.
I don't know anything about EU regs, but both our Audis had rear fog lights.

Pretty sure they are for driving really, really fast, in the fog, in reverse. At least that's what I used them for :p

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My DII had them as well. Generally speaking though, I don’t think folks here would use them correctly. They would probably leave them on and blind the people behind them.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IIRC, they were yellow in tint and under the bumper? Not so much for illumination as for identification? Just one on the drivers/left side?

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IIRC, they were yellow in tint and under the bumper? Not so much for illumination as for identification? Just one on the drivers/left side?
My Jaguar had one red fog light on one side. Not real bright just for visibility in the rear

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My DII had them as well. Generally speaking though, I don’t think folks here would use them correctly. They would probably leave them on and blind the people behind them.
They’re just for being seen in fog or inclement weather. If people are blinded by them then they’re blinded by brake lights

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah, rear fender g lights, for visibility in fog and nclement weather, are fantastic.

As for being a distance from a dealer, It’s just a vehicle. The drivetrain is outrageously robust and the detuned motor/trans combo is tried and true. Wasn’t that hard of a decision. They were tested for almost 2 million km and there are people driving them in far more remote areas than I am from the two closest dealers.

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow,well said. Enjoyed your review on your new Grenadier. May it brings you great adventures.

Back
Top Bottom