The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
Here are photos of the hitch that is in my G.
I only have the same tow hitch (not the receiver). Assuming the dealers kept the actual receiver to keep people from mounting theirs prior to the software update. Otherwise what’s to keep people from going ahead and mounting? Did others receive the receiver with their Grenadiers?

Mike AB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer, after they had a conference call with Ineos. There is a problem with the US trailer hitch package: evidently the brake and signal lights are not properly working in sequence with the vehicle lights. So the trailer hitch (Ball) itself will not be delivered, but the receiver blanked off until they find and solve the problem (that apparently is software (!) related. However, they will not hold the vehicles for the fix, but deliver them to the dealer for their clients. As and when the fix is made, the dealer will install the software and/or (if necessary) make any wiring changes. Mt daeler did say that because of this, they will NOT charge for the trailer kit, but give it to customers as an apology. Sounds good to me and happy to wait for a proper working tow package.
Same for me. No ETA on the Tow Package

Kyabmo1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer waiting for final prep and possible delivery next week.
The tow package was not deducted on the invoice and I asked about it. They are saying the issue is fixed so I’ll be charged for the package.

I asked for a picture and they were kind enough to send it.

IMG_0584.jpeg

FrankeMatt

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
What does it look like. I saw this truck in Sedona a couple days ago and it had a hitch installed. I am really hoping this isn’t the actual Ineos hitch. Plus it was missing a bolt. Is this anyone on the forum? Parked at Boynton Canyon trailhead.
Hey AZ, this is my truck. I welded up a quick receiver for my bike rack. The hardware store only had 3 bolts and I was in a hurry to get out of town. This is not the Ineos receiver, just a temporary solution for my bike rack.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer waiting for final prep and possible delivery next week.
The tow package was not deducted on the invoice and I asked about it. They are saying the issue is fixed so I’ll be charged for the package.

I asked for a picture and they were kind enough to send it.

View attachment 7842121
Same for me. I pickup Saturday :)

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hey AZ, this is my truck. I welded up a quick receiver for my bike rack. The hardware store only had 3 bolts and I was in a hurry to get out of town. This is not the Ineos receiver, just a temporary solution for my bike rack.
that's what I was figuring. We were there in our Sprinter and then my kids came down from Flagstaff. My son actually asked me why I drove my Ineos up as well, same color. As we were hiking my daughter said "that lady back there commented on your hat" to my son who was wearing an Ineos hat. I assume that was your wife?

Attachments

• IMG_24866F20CD59-1.jpeg
    IMG_24866F20CD59-1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If that's all they gave you you are missing the piece that bolts to the truck
Agree. There is a cover over where the hitch is. I can't recall having the bolt you are speaking of (aware of it as my Discovery has one). I at last have " a piece" ☺️

FrankeMatt

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
that's what I was figuring. We were there in our Sprinter and then my kids came down from Flagstaff. My son actually asked me why I drove my Ineos up as well, same color. As we were hiking my daughter said "that lady back there commented on your hat" to my son who was wearing an Ineos hat. I assume that was your wife?
Are you located in Tucson? Ive seen another Black truck in town. I believe I was on River that day.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, I live in Tucson. I am on river a good bit. I haven't seen your truck down in Tucson yet but sure I will in the future. We should get a "play date" setup

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
My dealer, Red Noland in Colorado Springs, just contacted me to schedule installation next week
Dropped it off today. i Was under the impression they would be doing the hitch today but they are only doing the checker plates and the ppf, the hitch software is still not ready

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score