The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer, after they had a conference call with Ineos. There is a problem with the US trailer hitch package: evidently the brake and signal lights are not properly working in sequence with the vehicle lights. So the trailer hitch (Ball) itself will not be delivered, but the receiver blanked off until they find and solve the problem (that apparently is software (!) related. However, they will not hold the vehicles for the fix, but deliver them to the dealer for their clients. As and when the fix is made, the dealer will install the software and/or (if necessary) make any wiring changes. Mt daeler did say that because of this, they will NOT charge for the trailer kit, but give it to customers as an apology. Sounds good to me and happy to wait for a proper working tow package.

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer, after they had a conference call with Ineos. There is a problem with the US trailer hitch package: evidently the brake and signal lights are not properly working in sequence with the vehicle lights. So the trailer hitch (Ball) itself will not be delivered, but the receiver blanked off until they find and solve the problem (that apparently is software (!) related. However, they will not hold the vehicles for the fix, but deliver them to the dealer for their clients. As and when the fix is made, the dealer will install the software and/or (if necessary) make any wiring changes. Mt daeler did say that because of this, they will NOT charge for the trailer kit, but give it to customers as an apology. Sounds good to me and happy to wait for a proper working tow package.
That interesting. I haven’t been told about any tow package issues from my US dealer. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Will reach out to them and see if they have any more info as well.

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! Haven't heard from my dealer yet. What I do find concerning is that the vehicles have been released from the factory with a known issue like this. QC should have identified the issue and addressed it prior to releasing them. I, personally would prefer to wait a little while longer and have the Gren all sorted out so I don't have to make a 4 hour return trip to Atlanta to address a known problem. The "no charge" helps but not enough to warrant the Atlanta return trip.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Saw this referenced on the US IG group on the Book of Feces. Thanks for more info than FB and clarification with at least a workaround, if not a complete solution.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
… daeler did say that because of this, they will NOT charge for the trailer kit, but give it to customers as an apology. Sounds good to me and happy to wait for a proper working tow package.
As in the $800 for the trailer package? Or just the ball?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no plans to tow anything at any time in the near future, but I have bought a Factor55 soft shackle recovery hitch that I was going to install immediately. I'll be bummed if they blank out the receiver but it's not the end of the world.

That said, I'll take the $800 credit in a heartbeat.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I use the tow hitch to attach my bike carrier. Not a big deal during the winter because we don’t take the boat out, but depending on what ‘blocked off’ means I’ll be a little disappointed if I can hook up our bikes as that’s one of the things my kids love about this time of year

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Keep in mind it's a 7 pin that they gave the US. They could have given us the 13 and told is to buy the adaptor.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
Keep in mind it's a 7 pin that they gave the US. They could have given us the 13 and told is to buy the adaptor.
Thats frickin annoying that they give you 7 pin whichbis the most common here in Australia but they dumped the 13pin on us which for most of us is significantly less than ideal.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thats frickin annoying that they give you 7 pin whichbis the most common here in Australia but they dumped the 13pin on us which for most of us is significantly less than ideal.
Sounds like the problem is likely the software dealing with the change to 7-pin, no?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
👍🏽👍🏽 Got the same call from Crown last night.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So, just off the phone with Greg Clark, there is an email going out to everyone who has optioned the tow package.

Basically,

The vehicles with the tow package will be delayed while the hitch is removed.
There will be a blanking plate installed which is the same as the vehicles which do not have the tow package, also there is a sticker, which is a regulatory thing.
When the software fix (its a light issue for the trailer) is issued then customers will be asked to return and have the hitch replaced by their dealer.
This should be sometime in January.

As a sweetener, those that opted for a tow package will have the package value deducted from their overall purchase price. Effectively it will be a free option.

At the moment only vehicles without the tow package are being sent out to dealers, tow package vehicles will follow.

The work is being carried out by IA engineers at the ports of landing before being shipped to the respective dealer.

If I find out more then I'll let you all know.

Stu.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
So just received this message from Ineos:

Your Grenadier has arrived in the US, and has passed all the initial quality checks, which is great news. Unfortunately, we’ve been advised of an electrical issue with the towing feature, which means you’ll temporarily be unable to tow with your Grenadier.

In short, the issue affects the proper and safe operation of trailer lights. A fix is expected within the next few weeks, and we’re developing a plan, together with our dealers, to update each Grenadier and restore full operation of the towing feature.

Otherwise, your Grenadier is good to go. And because we don’t want to delay delivery, we’ll release your Grenadier to your delivering dealer as soon as possible. But with an important caveat – you won’t be able to tow until the fix has been implemented.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Just received the email as well. Also, read Stu's notes from his call with Greg. Thank you to Stu!

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Just received the email as well. Also, read Stu's notes from his call with Greg. Thank you to Stu!
Last post from Stu, on this thread. Only, difference is it looks like they are releasing the non-tow package Grenadiers first.

US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).​

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
So, just off the phone with Greg Clark, there is an email going out to everyone who has optioned the tow package.

Basically,

The vehicles with the tow package will be delayed while the hitch is removed.
There will be a blanking plate installed which is the same as the vehicles which do not have the tow package, also there is a sticker, which is a regulatory thing.
When the software fix (its a light issue for the trailer) is issued then customers will be asked to return and have the hitch replaced by their dealer.
This should be sometime in January.

As a sweetener, those that opted for a tow package will have the package value deducted from their overall purchase price. Effectively it will be a free option.

At the moment only vehicles without the tow package are being sent out to dealers, tow package vehicles will follow.

The work is being carried out by IA engineers at the ports of landing before being shipped to the respective dealer.

If I find out more then I'll let you all know.

Stu.
Good Morning Stu. Thank you for passing this information on to us. :)

Back
Top Bottom