The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
I have also received this notification. They are telling me it should not affect the delivery date of my vehicle. We shall see...

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
So, just off the phone with Greg Clark, there is an email going out to everyone who has optioned the tow package.

Basically,

The vehicles with the tow package will be delayed while the hitch is removed.
There will be a blanking plate installed which is the same as the vehicles which do not have the tow package, also there is a sticker, which is a regulatory thing.
When the software fix (its a light issue for the trailer) is issued then customers will be asked to return and have the hitch replaced by their dealer.
This should be sometime in January.

As a sweetener, those that opted for a tow package will have the package value deducted from their overall purchase price. Effectively it will be a free option.

At the moment only vehicles without the tow package are being sent out to dealers, tow package vehicles will follow.

The work is being carried out by IA engineers at the ports of landing before being shipped to the respective dealer.

If I find out more then I'll let you all know.

Stu.
Stu,
Thank you very much for the information. I will keep an eye out for the email. The resolution seems very reasonable to me.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
I have also received this notification. They are telling me it should not affect the delivery date of my vehicle. We shall see...
It will potentially delay the shipment a short period of time. They have to remove the actual hitch assembly and replace it with a plate before it can be loaded on a hauler to be taken to your dealer. So I suspect it will be some time late next week before the IGs with the tow package shows up at the dealer.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stu,
Thank you very much for the information. I will keep an eye out for the email. The resolution seems very reasonable to me.
An effective resolution. Cannot see Ford, GM, or others doing a similar thing. I would say it is a generous off by Ineos to the folks who have been waiting. I know it will be painful for some to have to deal with the resolution in January. But I sure appreciate the gesture by Ineos. It was not required.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate the $800 credit. It will unfortunately be at least partially eaten up (plus 24 hours seat time) by the expense of driving round trip 800 miles (correction: should be 800+ miles each way) from Tucson to Salt Lake City to have the fix implemented in a month or two.

Last edited:

bamanuke

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate the $800 credit. It will unfortunately be at least partially eaten up (plus 24 hours seat time) by the expense of driving round trip 800 miles from Tucson to Salt Lake City to have the fix implemented in a month or two.
I plan on waiting for the fix just for that reason. Only mine is a much shorter trip, 4hrs one way.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good Morning Stu. Thank you for passing this information on to us. :)
Hey Stu - can you get another update from Greg on when we will expect to have the Tow Hitch vehicles rolling on to trucks? Thx!

MossyIG

Grenadier Owner
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate the $800 credit. It will unfortunately be at least partially eaten up (plus 24 hours seat time) by the expense of driving round trip 800 miles (correction: should be 800+ miles each way) from Tucson to Salt Lake City to have the fix implemented in a month or two.
I may be able to help you and save you the long trip. We'll see how it all works out once the update is released.

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes agree with all the comments, my dealer says the removal of all the factory hitches is moving ahead more quickly than originally anticipated but my vehicle arrived in Brunswick George on Nov 5th, I've yet to see it in Florida, getting ancy.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by RDS yesterday that non-hitch vehicles should start to ship the week of 12/18.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by RDS yesterday that non-hitch vehicles should start to ship the week of 12/18.
There may also be a case of under promise and over deliver by RDS also. Regal shared with me on Saturday, they expected mine (minus the hitch that was ordered) to arrive this week. That Ineos is releasing a significant number of vehicles starting this week with the hopes of us having our IGs by Christmas.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
There may also be a case of under promise and over deliver by RDS also. Regal shared with me on Saturday, they expected mine (minus the hitch that was ordered) to arrive this week. That Ineos is releasing a significant number of vehicles starting this week with the hopes of us having our IGs by Christmas.
When you say Ineos is 'releasing' is that releasing from the port facilities to the dealers?

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer, after they had a conference call with Ineos. There is a problem with the US trailer hitch package: evidently the brake and signal lights are not properly working in sequence with the vehicle lights. So the trailer hitch (Ball) itself will not be delivered, but the receiver blanked off until they find and solve the problem (that apparently is software (!) related. However, they will not hold the vehicles for the fix, but deliver them to the dealer for their clients. As and when the fix is made, the dealer will install the software and/or (if necessary) make any wiring changes. Mt daeler did say that because of this, they will NOT charge for the trailer kit, but give it to customers as an apology. Sounds good to me and happy to wait for a proper working tow package.
My vehicle has the same issue and is being held at the Port of Baltimore. Hoping this is an isolated issue, and will be happy to be creditied for the tow option, but a bit circumspect that this issue is not a harbinger of the electrical gremlins needling others.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
but a bit circumspect that this issue is not a harbinger of the electrical gremlins needling others.
This is far from an "electrical gremlin" and much moreso a bit of an oversight in logic-coding for US taillight outputs

Back
Top Bottom