The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
This is far from an "electrical gremlin" and much moreso a bit of an oversight in logic-coding for US taillight outputs
I was hoping for a much lower tech vehicle. That is what drew me to this vehicle in the first place. The Stop/Start Tech is especially annoying. Maybe someone will be able to reprogram these vehicles to operate sensibly.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
My vehicle has the same issue and is being held at the Port of Baltimore. Hoping this is an isolated issue, and will be happy to be creditied for the tow option, but a bit circumspect that this issue is not a harbinger of the electrical gremlins needling others.
I have a feeling MANY hitch vehicles are being held along with vehicles with the overhead consoles due to inspections that are required. Who knows - but my dealer has been silent since my vehicle hit port on 11/20

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
I have a feeling MANY hitch vehicles are being held along with vehicles with the overhead consoles due to inspections that are required. Who knows - but my dealer has been silent since my vehicle hit port on 11/20
Same. In the end though, as long as they get it right the Mrs. and (in turn) I will be happy.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
I was hoping for a much lower tech vehicle. That is what drew me to this vehicle in the first place. The Stop/Start Tech is especially annoying. Maybe someone will be able to reprogram these vehicles to operate sensibly.
You realize a lot of the electrical systems are required for us to get it. You need the start stop foe epa regulation. Hopefully your hand can reach over and push the cancel button. You don't have trailer electrics like braking and turn signals. You can't tow. This vehicle is pretty low tech.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You realize a lot of the electrical systems are required for us to get it. You need the start stop foe epa regulation. Hopefully your hand can reach over and push the cancel button. You don't have trailer electrics like braking and turn signals. You can't tow. This vehicle is pretty low tech.
Ok - so the line against the Grenny now is the it is not simple enough - too complex? WTF - people need to walk away if that is the latest line of reasoning.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has a hitch and has been at the dealer for over a week. They are waiting on all the accessories to arrive for them to install. I pretty much clicked all options except for the rear winch. So, I think the delays are less about the US hitch light triggers and more about transport availability and logistics.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok - so the line against the Grenny now is the it is not simple enough - too complex? WTF - people need to walk away if that is the latest line of reasoning.
You're right - it's like @ADVAW8S said - most of the electrical crap no one is a fan of - stop/start, speed warning, the ADAS suite... is all legislated BS. That's not on IA. Making sure it works right on the other hand...

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm all in - don't get me wrong, but it would have been nice if there was no stop/start, speed warning, and a model that came with a standard transmission. No?

six1five

GG 319
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got the call yesterday from my dealer (Regal) that my vehicle was at their lot. It may take them a few days to get the backlog of vehicles cleared before mine is ready for pickup, which I am completely fine with. The team at Regal has made this journey so much more bearable with their comms and honesty.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got the call yesterday from my dealer (Regal) that my vehicle was at their lot. It may take them a few days to get the backlog of vehicles cleared before mine is ready for pickup, which I am completely fine with. The team at Regal has made this journey so much more bearable with their comms and honesty.
Congrats! They had told me they were expecting a number of IGs to arrive this week. Glad yours was one of the first. Still awaiting the call on mine. But all is not bad, we got the call on the Rivian R1S my wife is getting yesterday, six months earlier than expected, lol.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm all in - don't get me wrong, but it would have been nice if there was no stop/start, speed warning, and a model that came with a standard transmission. No?
Again though - start/stop, speed warning - all mandates. There are few cars beyond very special models like GT3 Touring that offer manual transmissions any more....so I cant fault Ineos on that

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To get what you're looking for, and I mean no disrespect by this, would require a one off build off of an older chassis, and the selling potential would be minimal especially given the cost to produce.

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has the tow hitch and the overhead panel. Has been at port since the 6th, just got invoiced yesterday. I’m not disappointed with dealer communication, but it exactly wowed by it either.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Trial Master arrived 11/20 w/tow package and rough/soft packs, etc - assume it is still at the port awaiting inspection/clearence
We're in the same boat (no pun intended).

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
A glimmer of hope and maybe a positive data point for others to reinforce the notion that IA is trying to get Grenadiers delivered by Christmas.

I just called Cory at Warner (my dealer) and he said he got an email last night showing that he's getting (sorry I forgot the exact number, in my excitement) 12? 17? Grenadiers delivered to him in the next week to ten days. He verified that my VIN is on the list. So, maybe I'll have a Grenadier under my Christmas tree that isn't a 1:18 scale model.

ETA: Tow package disabled / temporarily removed, pending software update, maybe available by New Year's. Will have to get it fixed later.

Back
Top Bottom