The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas US Towing Package: A Hiccup delaying delivery of the tow package (not the vehicle!).

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what kind of connector a US spec vehicle gets? 4 Flat? or 7 Round?
If you are going to tow 7,000lbs, I would think it would be 7 round.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A couple weeks to schedule the reflash and hitch install?!?
I drove up to RDS in Devon, PA on Friday. They just started the installs and reflashing on customer rides late last week. I believe I was one of the first to get it done there. If RDS is your dealer, contact Mike Bertolami, Service Manager at (484) 391-4000 or mbertolami@rdsineosgrenadier.com. It took them approx. 2 hours, but I think that's because they had a couple of others ahead of me in the queue. I only had to wait three days to get in.

rrennell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New to the Grenadier family and question for the group as I've had a rocky start to my experience. Has anyone had any experience or know of anyone that has installed a hitch on a Grenadier that was not equipped at the factory to accept it? Specifically, asking about adding a 4 pin via the taillight assembly as I've received conflicting information from both Ineos and the dealerships service manager.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
New to the Grenadier family and question for the group as I've had a rocky start to my experience. Has anyone had any experience or know of anyone that has installed a hitch on a Grenadier that was not equipped at the factory to accept it? Specifically, asking about adding a 4 pin via the taillight assembly as I've received conflicting information from both Ineos and the dealerships service manager.
Yes you can it’s totally possible.

rrennell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes you can it’s totally possible.
Thanks Stu! Was definitely questioning my sanity a bit. Ineos and dealer both said not possible, then maybe possible and then diverged with dealer emailing me that it wasn't possible while Ineos says they really don't know. Am presuming I would connect to the drivers side taillight and that the wire color coding is standard (green, yellow, brown and white) but do you have any insight on this?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Stu! Was definitely questioning my sanity a bit. Ineos and dealer both said not possible, then maybe possible and then diverged with dealer emailing me that it wasn't possible while Ineos says they really don't know. Am presuming I would connect to the drivers side taillight and that the wire color coding is standard (green, yellow, brown and white) but do you have any insight on this?
There is no "standard" wiring color for vehicle taillights, however, from memory, the taillight does tell you which pin at the connector is which function.

With that being said, you'd need a signal from both taillights (for left and right turn signal), you could grab running lights and brake from either one, and use a common chassis ground for the ground.

I would caution against simply piggybacking off the OEM wiring though, especially if there is any chance that you'll be pulling a trailer without LED lamps. The caveat being if you are using a pre-made relay system (or a harness that includes relays).

If you aren't using one of the pre-made relay style harnesses, you'll need to get a main power feed (ideally fused from the battery), and a relay for each function, and wire it appropriately.

I don't believe anyone on the forum has ever done this, but in theory, it should be doable, albeit a bit messy.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is no "standard" wiring color for vehicle taillights, however, from memory, the taillight does tell you which pin at the connector is which function.

With that being said, you'd need a signal from both taillights (for left and right turn signal), you could grab running lights and brake from either one, and use a common chassis ground for the ground.

I would caution against simply piggybacking off the OEM wiring though, especially if there is any chance that you'll be pulling a trailer without LED lamps. The caveat being if you are using a pre-made relay system (or a harness that includes relays).

If you aren't using one of the pre-made relay style harnesses, you'll need to get a main power feed (ideally fused from the battery), and a relay for each function, and wire it appropriately.

I don't believe anyone on the forum has ever done this, but in theory, it should be doable, albeit a bit messy.

I also think it is unlikely that your dealership is going to be the one to do this for you.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also think it is unlikely that your dealership is going to be the one to do this for you.
This is very true, unless perhaps your dealership is dabbling into the world of aftermarket installs and very willing to jump feet first into something that hasn't officially been done; but, in theory, it's absolutely possible

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score

These guys have been installing hitches. Perhaps a call would be all you need to go from there. They’re also on the forum.

rrennell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I don't believe anyone on the forum has ever done this, but in theory, it should be doable, albeit a bi

This is very true, unless perhaps your dealership is dabbling into the world of aftermarket installs and very willing to jump feet first into something that hasn't officially been done; but, in theory, it's absolutely possible
Thanks and pretty sure the dealership isn't dabbling in anything. Will try and find a pre-made harness unless you're able to recommend one.

MalcolmT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
I got a call from my dealer, after they had a conference call with Ineos. There is a problem with the US trailer hitch package: evidently the brake and signal lights are not properly working in sequence with the vehicle lights. So the trailer hitch (Ball) itself will not be delivered, but the receiver blanked off until they find and solve the problem (that apparently is software (!) related. However, they will not hold the vehicles for the fix, but deliver them to the dealer for their clients. As and when the fix is made, the dealer will install the software and/or (if necessary) make any wiring changes. Mt daeler did say that because of this, they will NOT charge for the trailer kit, but give it to customers as an apology. Sounds good to me and happy to wait for a proper working tow package.
I had to wait over 3 months for my side steps which were stated as arriving in about 1 week. Any bulls**t so you take delivery. I had to wait 5 months for the software update which is more like a software replacement taking 24hrs to down load and install, also promised to. E available in a weeks or so. Now my IG is off the road because it is ‘unroadworthy’ due to inherent steering geometry design issues that Ineos cannot fix and camber cannot be adjusted to a safe setting. Off the road since 19 December 2023 and now 13 weeks have passed and I rejected the vehicle in February 2024 and
still waiting for them to purchase back from me. No Ineos engineering back up!

Back
Top Bottom