The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas The big May 17 Announcement / Pricing / Discussion thread.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
My Fieldmaster build was $5K more than I thought it would be. It is $85K.

I prefer the 17inch alloy wheels so I did a build up from the station wagon and it is $500 less. So that must be for the Belstaff jacket which I don't really want.

I also removed the red ladder frame. I am not sure I will like it long term and I don't want to buy it without seeing it in person. I will just paint the tow hooks red.

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did that because I want the steelies on basically a Fieldmaster. Can’t add premium audio when speccing up a base but you can’t add auxiliary battery to the FM. Price was essenti the same, no discount for starting from base
I added premium radio on a base build

Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. I have a JK and a 4runner - both overbuilt and highly modified. The IG was next level in the test drive off-road and feels like a tank. It well exceeded my off road expectations. The high price tag is because the money is spent where it needs to be. To each their own, and I understand it might not be in everyone's budget. But I'm tired of car companies cheaping out and doing "trail" cars, when really they are made for the street and have to be upgraded before you can do some serious off roading.
The Jeep and 4runner put an extra $30k in your pocket to upgrade with. And the new 2024 Tacoma specs look great, so now I have high hopes for the 4Runner.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
I think you are exaggerating a bit. There is an enormous gulf between being able to comfortably pay cash for an IG and flying private. Most multimillionaires don‘t fly private
Totally. It very much depends on the stage of life you are at. I won’t pretend I am in any way struggling I have had a good career, still working but getting closer to retirement, paid my house off, kids through school and doing ok. Probably technically a low multimillionaire on paper (assetts and superannuation) but certainly not in the bank. I don’t fly private (well I did once in a corporate jet and yes it’s awesome) and couldn’t afford to. But after selling a current car I will be effectively paying cash for my Grenadier.

Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
The overall release price notwithstanding, one of the things that concerns me is the unknowns on what the dealers will charge. For example if I get the side steps or other such accessories that aren't factory installed then I am at the mercy of the dealer and what they want to charge.

One way to guard against this is that you don't have to sign a contract until 30-60 days before the car goes into production (per chatbot on Grenadier website). The dealers will be announced in August/September (also via chatbot) so it follows that you can agree on all of that with before you sign the contract.

So I am thinking of converting my order in this window and then deciding on the final cost before pulling the trigger. Do others agree that this logic makes sense?

Thanks...

Local time
Reaction score
I did that because I want the steelies on basically a Fieldmaster. Can’t add premium audio when speccing up a base but you can’t add auxiliary battery to the FM. Price was essenti the same, no discount for starting from base
This is the issue I’m having with the FM … I want steelies and a 2nd battery

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
The overall release price notwithstanding, one of the things that concerns me is the unknowns on what the dealers will charge. For example if I get the side steps or other such accessories that aren't factory installed then I am at the mercy of the dealer and what they want to charge.

One way to guard against this is that you don't have to sign a contract until 30-60 days before the car goes into production (per chatbot on Grenadier website). The dealers will be announced in August/September (also via chatbot) so it follows that you can agree on all of that with before you sign the contract.

So I am thinking of converting my order in this window and then deciding on the final cost before pulling the trigger. Do others agree that this logic makes sense?

Thanks...
Are you able to buy the accessory and not have the dealer install? Essentially just leave it in the cargo space when you pick the Grenadier up.

May be one to put to INEOS Americas to answer themselves ..... click here

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks...
The side steps, rock sliders and almost all other accessories are bolt on so can be installed yourself or by a local shop. Any fee the dealer asks to fit will be minor in relation to the total price of the vehicle, but if you want to scrimp and save arrange fitting yourself.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m torn too between a TM and building up from the base. Plan is to sit down over the weekend and work through some options.
Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks...
Where are people coming up with the comments that there will be dealer charges over and above the listed option prices for installation of accessories? I do not see it.

Local time
Reaction score
Where are people coming up with the comments that there will be dealer charges over and above the listed option prices for installation of accessories? I do not see it.
It's in the fine print on the build page:

† The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and does not include the cost of installation and local sale taxes. The purchase and installation of Accessories must be agreed upon directly with an INEOS dealer.

MSRP listed excludes license, insurance, registration, sales taxes and optional features that may be available from your local Retailer.

Local time
Reaction score
The guys around here regularly do Moab and Rubicon trips, normal use would be weekend camping and exploring on unmaintained forest service roads with 2' deep ruts and large rocks. Sometimes we have to cross rivers and creeks while the snow is still melting. My area is also high desert, so lots of deep sand to be found. You don't even need those big engine models to keep up with the Ineos offroad. There just isn't an offroad situation that the Grenadier can do that a Rubicon or Badlands can't.

Agreed on this amount of off-road.
Agreed the Jeep/Bronco can do this like an IG should be able to. I still think there will be some IG owners exercising their IG this way. Low numbers, but some.

So I've had a couple of days to think about it - my build is around $100K - then by the time I add on the other goodies I would want after market it gets near $105-$110 very fast. I imagine most people will start to weigh the other toys out there (a 3-4 year old G-Wagon with 30K miles is about $135K or a well equipped Raptor is less than $100K) one Q - 'how reliable will this vehicle be and how much value will it hold.' On the value front, a G-Wagon holds its value very well - if there are issues with the IG being a new vehicle - the value could plummet fast. I will still place an order as the development backstory and other lore has sucked me in, and then watch the threads about delivery issues and mechanical issues.

I definitely concur on the G-Wagen value; the price I paid for my used G500 in ~2013 is the same price they're selling for today 10yrs later. They have not dropped a penny in value.

I added premium radio on a base build

Note that this will automatically remove Aux Battery WITHOUT the configurator alerting you to such (grumble, poor configurator setup).

Thanks...
Are you able to buy the accessory and not have the dealer install? Essentially just leave it in the cargo space when you pick the Grenadier up.

May be one to put to INEOS Americas to answer themselves ..... click here
The side steps, rock sliders and almost all other accessories are bolt on so can be installed yourself or by a local shop. Any fee the dealer asks to fit will be minor in relation to the total price of the vehicle, but if you want to scrimp and save arrange fitting yourself.

Anything about warranty on options being void if an IG dealer doesn't install? I could see that being the case regarding liability.

Supposedly people were told this elsewhere, but I'm still waiting to hear more info too. Seems sneaky if this is the case.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We call that "washboard". Every dirt road is like that here. It's a pain in the ass when you have to do 100s of miles on it.

Yes; but — having driven most of my life in North American washboard roads, and having had some limited experience in the Outback, it is a different kettle of fish, slightly.

The Aussie washboard seems to be just a bit harder than what we typically get here. I don’t know why. Aussie washboard and South Africa washboard is similar from what I’ve been told though I have no SA dust on my boots. North American washboard seems a lot more luxurious in comparison and I have no idea if this is just the adrenaline of being somewhere new with no scientific value to it, if it’s the way our NA forest service roads tend to go through more regular maintenance (grading, freeze thaws in lots of places meaning more attention, etc.), the size of the tires of our vehicles/weight of the big trucks, or what it is. It might even be the nature of the dirt. I genuinely had no idea other than a lot of our Aussie friends get hammered by the corrugations, and anecdotally theirs seemed worse than ours.

That being said as other posters have mentioned, Dan Grec has proven the Jeep platform in some tough Aussie conditions. You can do a lot with a Jeep for the amount of money extra a Grenadier costs. They are a “lifestyle” toy more than a commercial spec rig like the Gren, but if a guy wants to go touring the Jeep is definitely proven as a platform.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anything about warranty on options being void if an IG dealer doesn't install? I could see that being the case regarding liability.
As per the Ineos website: "We know you might want to do some work yourself. So, we’ve designed and engineered the Grenadier to be easy to work on inside and out. To help you we’ll provide online repair manuals, with support from the technical team at INEOS HQ just a call or a click away". Does not sound like they are going to be sticklers for dealer installation of fairly basic accessories.

Local time
Reaction score
The Jeep and 4runner put an extra $30k in your pocket to upgrade with. And the new 2024 Tacoma specs look great, so now I have high hopes for the 4Runner.
How much interior space on the Jeep and Tacoma? What are the noise levels at 80 mph on the interstate on the way to an off-road adventure? You can't fix either of those for $30k. The IG is not a Jeep or Tacoma replacement. If the Jeep and / or Tacoma meet your needs / desires, then there is no reason to look at the IG at all.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks...
Yes your logic makes good sense.

Local time
Reaction score
The IG was next level in the test drive off-road and feels like a tank. It well exceeded my off road expectations. The high price tag is because the money is spent where it needs to be.

The build and ride quality are indeed fantastic. But when justifying the price tag, keep in mind that Ineos has saved money by cutting back on a ton of other features, including smart/driver assist functionality and cabin comforts. I'm on board with that design philosophy, but I'm not sure that it justifies the relatively high price. Steel is cheaper than software.

Ultimately, this is a low production vehicle and given the unaggressive pricing, I'm not sure that Ineos plans on expanding Grenadier production in the future. I'm coming around to the idea that this is probably a one-time-deal boutique 4x4. Would love to be proved wrong on that.

Back
Top Bottom