The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Sticker Price

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
Given that we are a captive audience that the dealers did not earn, is anyone contemplating offering below sticker when they pick up their vehicle? I'm paying cash so the dealer would not make anything on the financing - but they are certainly making a few $ when they install accessories we ordered. My dealer is charging $260/hr for their labor to install runners, etc.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Given that we are a captive audience that the dealers did not earn, is anyone contemplating offering below sticker when they pick up their vehicle? I'm paying cash so the dealer would not make anything on the financing - but they are certainly making a few $ when they install accessories we ordered. My dealer is charging $260/hr for their labor to install runners, etc.
Early on in the Grenadier journey your fellow Americans were screaming out for a direct agency model (like we are stuck with) as you thought that you would all be paying well above MSRP, now things have settled down (like they always were going to) you have the opportunity to shop around and haggle for a better cash deal. A competitive market at work, dealers offering deals and fighting to get your business, how good is that!

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Early on in the Grenadier journey your fellow Americans were screaming out for a direct agency model (like we are stuck with) as you thought that you would all be paying well above MSRP, now things have settled down (like they always were going to) you have the opportunity to shop around and haggle for a better cash deal. A competitive market at work, dealers offering deals and fighting to get your business, how good is that!
There is the 2nd vehicle that arrived in CA that was a cancel. The sticker was $83K, now a Land Rover dealer bough it and wants $115K. We'll need to see how much the hype factor hits this - but still think so few know about the vehicle.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is the 2nd vehicle that arrived in CA that was a cancel. The sticker was $83K, now a Land Rover dealer bough it and wants $115K. We'll need to see how much the hype factor hits this - but still think so few know about the vehicle.
Same thing happened in European and our markets, the first few flippers asked stupid prices looking for wood ducks but they soon settled down. If dealers have cancelled orders sitting on their lots tying up cash they will do a deal.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Interesting concept... Forgetting MSRP and even selling the vehicle at "invoice" pricing (whatever that may be), the dealer still makes a profit from their holdback amount. This is why I've been pretty vocal identifying dealers that are charging (what I consider to be) ridiculous documentation fees (like Triad and Crown both being $1k), as that is even more profit straight into their pockets that they did no leg work for (no marketing costs for the sales, no effort that the sales staff had to put forth, etc.).

Your dealer's service rate is atrocious, but not unheard of unfortunately.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer is charging $260/hr for their labor to install runners, etc.
They don't call them stealerships for nothing.
That's bordering on unethical , if not immoral.
I hope you can film them for us , tuxedos and gold plated spanners included.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
I have tools, do you have beer, will install for beer!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
People here in Oz tried to flip their trucks for BIG profits, and many didn't sell. Some of the listings have now come down to retail current pricing effectively... which kind of makes me laugh.. I am sure someone made some money but not many. Now, flipping in Oz will only get you at BEST retail price or thereabouts. So, if you can haggle with cash for new, I would try.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So, if you can haggle with cash for new, I would try.
"Expressions of interest" approach might work in the dealer's favour.
Get a few bites and then ask them to sharpen their pencils..

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
They don't call them stealerships for nothing.
That's bordering on unethical , if not immoral.
I hope you can film them for us , tuxedos and gold plated spanners included.
There are (non-Ineos) dealers in the US that charge nearly double that for hourly shop rates...

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
My (UK) experience last month was a bit different to a lot of the long term users here who have waited patiently for months.

I wandered into the local dealership. asked if they had any stock, learnt they had three (3!) on the forecourt ready to go. Also learnt none had towbars but dealer now had a way to retrofit towbar+electrics. I picked the FM in Donny Grey and agreed that I could wait a week while they added the towbar and interior utility rails. I asked for their best cash price, including the extra bits and ceramic protection, paid a small deposit and then transferred the rest of the money before picking up the following week. I paid roughly sticker price and it seemed fair to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom