The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo (RTGT) Delivery Review

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
Having picked up my Grenadier on Wednesday and having sometime to absorb the truck (love it) and the experience I wanted to share my RTGT experience.

Here's the BLUF: I hope that all my future car purchases are this enjoyable and smooth.

From the outset in late September/Early October nothing but enthusiastic and professional. My rep/salesmen, Tanner, reached out to confirm my spec via build sheet and I was able to drive one of the demo cars in October. Toured the full dealership to include their inventory or Ferrari/Maserati (I'm a "car guy" and race fan so I was thrilled).

Like many of the first deliveries to the US, I was aware of the port reception and processing (delays?) but I do feel that Tanner and RTGT kept me as informed as possible given the hand off from Ineos to the dealership. After the call came in for delivery I was able to schedule my pick-up for this past Wednesday the 20th. At this time I did request my final sale price via email and it matched my at home math to the penny, everything aligned with the MSRPs listed with the Ineos configuration online. No BS, No hassle. Oregon Doc fees and corporate tax % are clearly identified; not a single extra charge. This experience was what I wanted when I imagined we could order directly from Ineos but with the added benefit of a truly enthusiastic sales agent who really enjoys cars and the Grenadier.

Delivery day I was thrilled to see my truck parked up "center stage" under what I would call the Ineos halo. I took my nephew and brother along so admittedly we did walk the whole showroom first which is just candy store stuff for car guys.
tempImageD88WFi.jpg
tempImagedTUIlz.jpg
What a fantastic way to receive something that so anticipated. (Great spot for that pillar by the way, wouldn't want an excited new owner to back up into that $450k Ferrari 812 GTS)

The dealership has done a great job incorporating Ineos into their footprint and portfolio. They have displays of various brands for racks and overland equipment. Some of the dealer furnishings are supplied by Ineos and should be popping up elsewhere. I love these stainless tables with the schematics of brakes and control arms etched into the surface. On one of these table was my hard copy owners manual, all my keys (vehicle and both lockable storage bins), my order sheet, the delivery inspection sheet, and a gift. The chest was a class act - a personalized touch inside and several goodies in keeping with the exploring spirit of the vehicle and brand. I won't post what's inside because I don't want to ruin that surprise for anyone picking up soon. The chest is usable but for now is a fantastic home office trophy.
tempImagegQuXBJ.jpg

This was such a seemless process. Tanner was my only point of contact at the dealership (besides the lovely receptionist) and handled the transaction from initiation to close and drive off. Test drive, appointment setting, vehicle walk thru, electronic familiarization, document signing and finances all handled by him. 1 office, 1 man, zero hassle.

They say flying first class ruins air travel forever, because you never want to sit in the back again. I never want to deal with the "average American dealership" again in my life. Private transaction or "first class" all the way.

Kudos to the team at RTGT and to Tanner. I love this truck and the experience of finally taking ownership was truly rewarding.

** Almost forgot: Not all of my accessories were available at the time of delivery. My checker plating, cargo net, and tail gate table will all be installed when I return for the rear tow fix/software update and for the inconvenience they will be installed at no charge. I can't promise that accessories will be a no-charge install in the future but RTGT felt the need to extend that offer to me immediately for the inconvience. Factory Rubber floor mats did make it in time, they are excellent.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having picked up my Grenadier on Wednesday and having sometime to absorb the truck (love it) and the experience I wanted to share my RTGT experience.

Here's the BLUF: I hope that all my future car purchases are this enjoyable and smooth.

From the outset in late September/Early October nothing but enthusiastic and professional. My rep/salesmen, Tanner, reached out to confirm my spec via build sheet and I was able to drive one of the demo cars in October. Toured the full dealership to include their inventory or Ferrari/Maserati (I'm a "car guy" and race fan so I was thrilled).

Like many of the first deliveries to the US, I was aware of the port reception and processing (delays?) but I do feel that Tanner and RTGT kept me as informed as possible given the hand off from Ineos to the dealership. After the call came in for delivery I was able to schedule my pick-up for this past Wednesday the 20th. At this time I did request my final sale price via email and it matched my at home math to the penny, everything aligned with the MSRPs listed with the Ineos configuration online. No BS, No hassle. Oregon Doc fees and corporate tax % are clearly identified; not a single extra charge. This experience was what I wanted when I imagined we could order directly from Ineos but with the added benefit of a truly enthusiastic sales agent who really enjoys cars and the Grenadier.

Delivery day I was thrilled to see my truck parked up "center stage" under what I would call the Ineos halo. I took my nephew and brother along so admittedly we did walk the whole showroom first which is just candy store stuff for car guys.
View attachment 7837014
View attachment 7837015
What a fantastic way to receive something that so anticipated. (Great spot for that pillar by the way, wouldn't want an excited new owner to back up into that $450k Ferrari 812 GTS)

The dealership has done a great job incorporating Ineos into their footprint and portfolio. They have displays of various brands for racks and overland equipment. Some of the dealer furnishings are supplied by Ineos and should be popping up elsewhere. I love these stainless tables with the schematics of brakes and control arms etched into the surface. On one of these table was my hard copy owners manual, all my keys (vehicle and both lockable storage bins), my order sheet, the delivery inspection sheet, and a gift. The chest was a class act - a personalized touch inside and several goodies in keeping with the exploring spirit of the vehicle and brand. I won't post what's inside because I don't want to ruin that surprise for anyone picking up soon. The chest is usable but for now is a fantastic home office trophy.
View attachment 7837018

This was such a seemless process. Tanner was my only point of contact at the dealership (besides the lovely receptionist) and handled the transaction from initiation to close and drive off. Test drive, appointment setting, vehicle walk thru, electronic familiarization, document signing and finances all handled by him. 1 office, 1 man, zero hassle.

They say flying first class ruins air travel forever, because you never want to sit in the back again. I never want to deal with the "average American dealership" again in my life. Private transaction or "first class" all the way.

Kudos to the team at RTGT and to Tanner. I love this truck and the experience of finally taking ownership was truly rewarding.

** Almost forgot: Not all of my accessories were available at the time of delivery. My checker plating, cargo net, and tail gate table will all be installed when I return for the rear tow fix/software update and for the inconvenience they will be installed at no charge. I can't promise that accessories will be a no-charge install in the future but RTGT felt the need to extend that offer to me immediately for the inconvience. Factory Rubber floor mats did make it in time, they are excellent.
Hi Lemon35, That Grenadier looks incredible under the halo. Thanks for sharing your delivery story with us. Many wonderful adventures to you.
Merry Christmas. DaBull

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7837014
View attachment 7837015

View attachment 7837018

I’ve got First Provisions Storage Chest envy 🤪

mlagren23

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7837014
View attachment 7837015

View attachment 7837018

CONGRATULATIONS!
I am looking forward to getting that call from Tanner probably in April. What was your Pre-order number? Perhaps we will meet up on the trail somewhere. Enjoy!

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the review, and I’m so glad I could be a part of your journey getting one of the earliest Grenadiers in the PNW. Hope you are enjoying it to the fullest and I can’t wait to hear more about your adventures with it! Keep in touch, and I hope to see you around again soon. Happy trails!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Mule expedition picked up one in PDx. They will be doing the alucab conversion on it.

oyster414

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I just brought the wife up there this weekend to drive the fieldmaster as we had only done the off road coarse in Washington. I can’t wait, they’re guessing mine will be arriving in January but I don’t have a VIN yet so maybe not.
Congrats tho! I’m jealous and now even more excited after reading how great your experience was!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I just brought the wife up there this weekend to drive the fieldmaster as we had only done the off road coarse in Washington. I can’t wait, they’re guessing mine will be arriving in January but I don’t have a VIN yet so maybe not.
Congrats tho! I’m jealous and now even more excited after reading how great your experience was!
I called Elliot bay and they said mine will he Feb bit when asked, they did not have a VIN either

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7837014
View attachment 7837015

View attachment 7837018

This was my EXACT experience at RTGT with Tanner. It was amazing. That may even be my rig next to yours, I took delivery on the 27th, but had been ready the 16th.

Back
Top Bottom