The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Accessory Timing

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Hope you didn’t order the camping table. Those suckers take forever to arrive. Will be 3 mths for me next week.
The camping table is one of the few accessories that was delivered with my truck. I am still waiting on the unobtanium 3/4 roof rack.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
All of a sudden all of my accessories are in with the exception of the 3/4 roof rack. If this is delayed too long the Front Runner rack is in stock now so might have to do the switch, although not really sure one is better than the other. Front Runner priced much higher than factory 3/4 but with install the price is a wash.

A question though,
How much is everyone being quoted to install the accessories? Knauz In Chicago is quoting install prices of
Checker Plates $187
Rock sliders $389
Roof Rack 3/4 $748
I know the Roof Rack needs to be assembled but seems like a pretty stiff price but never done one before so wanted to ask. Also the Rock Sliders seems a bit high for screwing in 20 bolts so curious what people are seeing?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer stated that they were not going to charge for installs.
My rock slider were the only things installed at the time of delivery. I installed the table. Still waiting on the checker plates and 3/4 roof rack. I asked this week and was told that the 3/4 rack is still on back order.
That being said, the roof rack should not be difficult to install as long as you have someone to help you lift it up onto the roof. You will assemble the platform on the ground, attach the legs to the roof, and then set the assembled platform onto the legs and bolt down.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer stated that they were not going to charge for installs.
My rock slider were the only things installed at the time of delivery. I installed the table. Still waiting on the checker plates and 3/4 roof rack. I asked this week and was told that the 3/4 rack is still on back order.
That being said, the roof rack should not be difficult to install as long as you have someone to help you lift it up onto the roof. You will assemble the platform on the ground, attach the legs to the roof, and then set the assembled platform onto the legs and bolt down.
Yes, it seems to be inconsistent as to charging or not charging for installation which perplexes me.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it seems to be inconsistent as to charging or not charging for installation which perplexes me.
Things are defiantly all over the place - this is because all of these things are dealer controlled and IA plays no part. Even if every IA dealer buys an IA part for $100, their parts department can sell the part to a customer for any price they choose. This is the same with labor rates and, as noted, DOC fees, install fees, etc.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
Seems ridiculous for what we are paying. Here is your 90K vehicle now go home and install the accessories....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seems ridiculous for what we are paying. Here is your 90K vehicle now go home and install the accessories....
That's not at all what they are saying.

It was openly stated from the start of the configurator that these accessories were dealer installed and that dealers may charge for the install. Of course, you have the option to install them yourself if you choose

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's not at all what they are saying.

It was openly stated from the start of the configurator that these accessories were dealer installed and that dealers may charge for the install. Of course, you have the option to install them yourself if you choose
Website says at the bottom of the roof rack option - "* The selected feature is a removable accessory that will be supplied and installed by an INEOS dealer, and it's not considered in the vehicle's CO2 calculation."
Nothing overtly comes out and says that you might have to pay to get the vehicle to look like it does in the pretty rendering, or get the accessories in a box.
I can get how this may rub some people wrong.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Website says at the bottom of the roof rack option - "* The selected feature is a removable accessory that will be supplied and installed by an INEOS dealer, and it's not considered in the vehicle's CO2 calculation."
Nothing overtly comes out and says that you might have to pay to get the vehicle to look like it does in the pretty rendering, or get the accessories in a box.
I can get how this may rub some people wrong.
My mistake, I believe it was stated explicitly in a few of Greg's videos, however, maybe the newcomers didn't see those and thus weren't explicitly informed.

For the past few months though, if I'm not mistaken, orders are being placed through dealers, and subsequently should be the responsibility of the dealer to relay that information

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair I had no expectation that the accessories would be installed for free, would it be nice of course, but was not my expectation. I was simply asking what people were seeing and did the cost of installation at my dealer seem reasonable relative to what people are seeing? Personally I think these are pretty high for the simplicity/time of the install but I am curious if others agree.

Old Hokie

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I was notified by my dealer rep this past Friday that my truck is arriving in port in about a week. After reading forum discussions about added dealer doc fees and this thread about dealer installed accessory installation charges, I replied with specific questions about these issues.
I received a prompt email response yesterday that all the accessories listed on my pre-order will come with the vehicle and there will be no additional dealer installation charges, with the exception of the 3/4 roof rack. Per my rep, they are “dealing with the wind decibels right now with Rhino rack” and the anticipated delivery is end of Q 2.
I can ”delete any accessory at any time before installation” so I may go another route on the roof rack.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair I had no expectation that the accessories would be installed for free, would it be nice of course, but was not my expectation. I was simply asking what people were seeing and did the cost of installation at my dealer seem reasonable relative to what people are seeing? Personally I think these are pretty high for the simplicity/time of the install but I am curious if others agree.
Yes the rates you list for the rack and sliders seem high. But The checker plate seems OK. It all depends on your dealers shop rates which can vary wildly depending on geography and what kind of vehicles the dealer sells. It seems a lot of these IG dealers also sell Bentleys and other high end vehicles. I’m guessing shop rates there are not going to be the same as a Toyota dealership😂

This was posted in another thread (post#19). Maybe it will help even though the dealers have the latitude to set their own rates:

You can at least point out that it shouldn’t take 4hrs worth of labor for a 2hr job (Just an example)

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I was notified by my dealer rep this past Friday that my truck is arriving in port in about a week. After reading forum discussions about added dealer doc fees and this thread about dealer installed accessory installation charges, I replied with specific questions about these issues.
I received a prompt email response yesterday that all the accessories listed on my pre-order will come with the vehicle and there will be no additional dealer installation charges, with the exception of the 3/4 roof rack. Per my rep, they are “dealing with the wind decibels right now with Rhino rack” and the anticipated delivery is end of Q 2.
I can ”delete any accessory at any time before installation” so I may go another route on the roof rack.

This valuable information. I am hoping that my dealer will install all pre-build options for free. Thank you.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So where the heck are all the Rhino 3/4 roof racks! I am a bit stunned they are still not available to the point my dealer has become a Front Runner dealer and is offering FR 3/4 rack for $2,800 and change, basically an $800 install! I know there are a lot of opinions but I prefer the lower profile of the Rhino rack.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So where the heck are all the Rhino 3/4 roof racks! I am a bit stunned they are still not available to the point my dealer has become a Front Runner dealer and is offering FR 3/4 rack for $2,800 and change, basically an $800 install! I know there are a lot of opinions but I prefer the lower profile of the Rhino rack.
If you want low profile, there is nothing lower profile than the Leitner Designs rack

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you want low profile, there is nothing lower profile than the Leitner Designs rack
Thanks. Looks like they are a month away at this point.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After asking I was told by my dealer, a week ago, that the 3/4 rack hasn't been crash tested yet. I have asked for a refund.

Back
Top Bottom