The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Accessory Timing

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
So where the heck are all the Rhino 3/4 roof racks! I am a bit stunned they are still not available to the point my dealer has become a Front Runner dealer and is offering FR 3/4 rack for $2,800 and change, basically an $800 install! I know there are a lot of opinions but I prefer the lower profile of the Rhino rack.

Ragman - I found an aftermarket roof rack from this forum. I will buy this instead and cancel my original order with IG. https://www.leitnerdesigns.com/coll...products/acs-roof-platform-rack-for-grenadier

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
I got a refund from my dealer and ordered the FR 3/4 rack. Got it in 3 days and now installed . They removed the rhino 3/4 from configurator and heard they may not ever ship them out. Went with Urban side steps. All good.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2072.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I got a refund from my dealer and ordered the FR 3/4 rack. Got it in 3 days and now installed . They removed the rhino 3/4 from configurator and heard they may not ever ship them out. Went with Urban side steps. All good.

I like your sidesteps. They look good. I'm getting those myself. Thanks for posting.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Well that is frustrating news. Wonder what went sideways on these?

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Is there any discernible increase in wind noise?

AWo

Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Uh, I saw the Frontrunner quality decreasing over the last years...started to rust very soon, what is also my personal experience. We use some Frontrunner stuff on our Isuzu, like a Slimline rack and jerry can holders. The bolts started to rust after a few weeks, the the rack followed, as well as the jerry can holders. The coating is not of a high quality.

taubenreuther-winde-und-diverses-web-63.jpg

I would always prefer Rhino Rack.

AWo

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

AFdude412

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes there is def wind noise now
I wonder if an air dam or something like a 50” light bar mounted below the front lip may help. I really want to get this rack for its ability to come on and off with ease, compared to the others out.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
Uh, I saw the Frontrunner quality decreasing over the last years...started to rust very soon,

The bolts started to rust after a few weeks, the the rack followed

AWo
The rack is alloy , the legs and any attachments are steel and thus might rust.
Everything rusts in salty areas. Except alloy.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
What you call alloy is T6 aluminium. That doesn't rust, it turns into white powder, called aluminium corrosion.

At least regsrding the German und US Frontrunner specs...

Screenshot_20240323_073923_Firefox.jpg

I see that often at rims, my Defender and light housings which come from countries where salt on streets is unknown.

The effect is the nearly rhe same....the chemical process and name are different...

Frontrunner lost a lot of their reputation in the DACH-region (Germany, Switzerland and Austria) due to their lack of quality and their increased aggressive direct sales business modell, turning away more and more from sales partners.

It hasn't become better after Dometic has acquired them.

AWo

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What you call alloy is T6 aluminium. That doesn't rust, it turns into white powder, called aluminium corrosion.
Yes , I have a 1982 Porsche 928 which is largely alloy. It has shown a little surface corrosion ( I live in a maritime place) ; of no concern and easily repaired by me ( cosmetic only) .
I'll let everyone know how my FR rack holds up on this island in coming years. Luckily , nobody throws brine around on the roads here , but we do like sea sports!
1000016127.jpg

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yes , I have a 1982 Porsche 928 which is largely alloy. It has shown a little surface corrosion ( I live in a maritime place) ; of no concern and easily repaired by me ( cosmetic only) .
I'll let everyone know how my FR rack holds up on this island in coming years. Luckily , nobody throws brine around on the roads here , but we do like sea sports!
View attachment 7849299

Hello Tazz - such a beautiful place! Where is this at?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Tazz - such a beautiful place! Where is this at?
We're at our little holiday house on Bruny Island just off the southeast coast if Tasmanua. 20mins drive to the ferry , 10 mins across the channel , 20 minutes to home overlooking the mountain in the background.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
About two years old. Powder coating is damaged and aluminium corrosion has started. The dirt is on the inside of the glas, water was standing inside and that are the remainings after drying. They were installed at the back of a van on the roof.

20240323_144822.jpg

20240323_144826.jpg

AWo

Attachments

• 20240323_144822.jpg
    20240323_144822.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom