The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Clicking noise ?

Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Solid state relays are normally rated the same as mechanical relays and some can take more, up to 50amps in some instances. The cost is what most people baulk at because a good solid state relay can be well over three times the price of an electro-mechanical relay. Some of the catalogues to reference are the online Hella Relays and Relay Devices or E-T-A Relays For Vehicles. Most auto relays are based on the ISO system.

Flinthills

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
I also have a ticking noise, but it sounds like it is coming from the infotainment screen, or behind the dash. It seems to happen every time I start the truck, then seems to go away the longer I drive it? When I test drove one of the demos, I noticed the same noise, and was hoping that my car when it arrived, did not have the same issue.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I also have a ticking noise, but it sounds like it is coming from the infotainment screen, or behind the dash. It seems to happen every time I start the truck, then seems to go away the longer I drive it? When I test drove one of the demos, I noticed the same noise, and was hoping that my car when it arrived, did not have the same issue.
Did you disable the ADAS?

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I’m getting a creaking/vibrating sound that seems to be coming from the infotainment screen. It stops when I gently push or pull on the screen. Is this what you are experiencing and has anyone else had the issue?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m getting a creaking/vibrating sound that seems to be coming from the infotainment screen. It stops when I gently push or pull on the screen. Is this what you are experiencing and has anyone else had the issue?
I have the same issue. I cut a piece of paperboard to slip between the infotainment unit and the base attachment in the rear and it seems to have helped. If I knew how to disassemble the unit, I would take it off the base and put felt tape all around the base and then reassemble.

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I cut a piece of paperboard to slip between the infotainment unit and the base attachment in the rear and it seems to have helped. If I knew how to disassemble the unit, I would take it off the base and put felt tape all around the base and then reassemble.
That’s exactly what I was gonna try. Thanks

Local time
Reaction score
It would require a substantial amount of time to run the wires to under the hood only to come back... Unless you rewired the entire wiper system, which just seems silly.

You could always try a piece of 3M Thinsulate or similar as a sound dampener over the relays under the seat if it really bothers you
santoprene is a good sound deadening material

DCBNA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
I noticed the windshield wiper click today, I couldn't figure out what it was and then I noticed it was synchronized with the wipers. Mine only does it on the intermittent setting when the relay cuts on and off. I thought I was going crazy for a minute and pulled the car over to look. Turned the volume on the radio up and went about my day.

Noriboo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I noticed that today as well. Is there any way to fix that or mute the noise?

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I first heard this on Friday (I always have the radio on, and didn't this time) and I got SOAKED creeping around the truck in the rain to figure out what on earth was happening.

Back
Top Bottom