The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Sound System & Premium Sound Details?

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering what exactly is included with the premium sound? Is it an extra subwoofer? Do you have details on the speakers both premium and non-premium option? Are there any guides or diagrams or knowledge on swapping out the speakers for aftermarket ones (how easy is it in case I want a trialmaster and add better sound later)?

Solution
Hi,
I was wondering what exactly is included with the premium sound? Is it an extra subwoofer? Do you have details on the speakers both premium and non-premium option? Are there any guides or diagrams or knowledge on swapping out the speakers for aftermarket ones (how easy is it in case I want a trialmaster and add better sound later)?
From the configurator:
Screenshot_20230519_123410.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
From the configurator:
Screenshot_20230519_123410.jpg

Vote:
Solution

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
Hi Revanthmatha, I contacted Ineos support directly regarding the Sound System. They got directly back to me with the following information.

"Infotainment System by Neusoft
Speakers - 4 x 45 watt Hertz speakers are used, all models made by Elettromedia. 2 x 45 watt full range 6" (low/mid/high) within the front door cards and 2 x 45 watt mid-range 4" speakers located in the rear door cards. All powered by an integrated amplifier built into the main head unit".

Note: This information is for the standard sound system. I reached back out to Ineos Support to get current information on the Premium Sound System Option and they are escalating it up the line in the hopes of getting me more accurate information relating to the Premium Sound System Option, which includes a subwoofer under the rear seat. Once they get back with me I will post any updated information. From what I can now tell about the standard sound system, the speakers are Hertz Brand, manufactured by Elettromedia. I have done some research on the web and have some phone numbers to contact Elettromedia directly to see if I can get more detailed information from them too. It appears that Hertz speakers are well thought of in the automotive sound industry and they have a price range of speakers that might give us some easy upgrade options if needed. My initial thoughts are to spec my vehicle for the Premium Sound System and spec it for the option to add a second battery later on. I will then move the sub-woofer from under the rear seat to the rear boot area in a proper location or into a correctly configured subwoofer box that can be easily secured and removed if needed and then put in the second battery under the rear seat.
If anyone gets some additional information let us all know. I love Jazz and Surf Music! DaBull

Vote:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is the premium also gives a bigger amp which make sense since you are adding a sub

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My understanding is the premium also gives a bigger amp which make sense since you are adding a sub
Hi ADVAW8S, Yes, The Premium Sound System includes an UpRated Amp. Hopefully this will not only result in a premium sound upgrade with the existing speakers, it will also perhaps allow upgrading to even better speakers that might need more power to drive them correctly. Hoping the Uprated Amp provides lots of flexibility if needed and if not, that the Premium Sound Option sounds fantastic. When I purchased my 2020 Defender it came with the standard Meridian Sound System, which is still very nice, however I always wished it would have come with the upgraded Premium Meridian Sound System. Never got around to changing it as it would have likely required getting the Premium Uprated Amp and there was not an option to buy it from Land Rover after the fact. DaBull

Vote:

Driver8

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just happen to be in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago, and made it to the Ineos dealer there, and they graciously allowed my wife and i to sit in the showroom car and crank the radio up with the standard sound system (it was a Trialmaster, so it could only have the standard sound system, as it had the second battery). It sounded great. I'm not an audiophile, but sounded way better than i thought it would and I have decided against the premium sound system to put my dollars elsewhere. This of course is subjective to what sounds good, but i was very impressed.

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just happen to be in Frankfurt a couple of weeks ago, and made it to the Ineos dealer there, and they graciously allowed my wife and i to sit in the showroom car and crank the radio up with the standard sound system (it was a Trialmaster, so it could only have the standard sound system, as it had the second battery). It sounded great. I'm not an audiophile, but sounded way better than i thought it would and I have decided against the premium sound system to put my dollars elsewhere. This of course is subjective to what sounds good, but i was very impressed.
Hi Driver8, Thanks for your input on this. I have pre-ordered the Trial Master and opted for the second battery instead of the Premium Sound.
I figure I can always upgrade the sound later, however based on your review it sounds like I will not need too. DaBull

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
(it was a Trialmaster, so it could only have the standard sound system, as it had the second battery)

Keep in mind the current RoW Grenadiers (MY23) didn't have the subwoofer as an option; our North American vehicles will by MY24.

Regardless, good thinking on checking one out over there!

Vote:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
A halfway decent active sub costs less than US$700. And these are powered so no need for an uprated amplifier. Hopefully there is an output from the standard audio system and an easy way to install under the back seat somewhere. I've had to put active subs in every Defender I've owned.

I agree though that the standard system seemed plenty loud enough on our test drives.

Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Revanthmatha, I contacted Ineos support directly regarding the Sound System. They got directly back to me with the following information.

"Infotainment System by Neusoft
Speakers - 4 x 45 watt Hertz speakers are used, all models made by Elettromedia. 2 x 45 watt full range 6" (low/mid/high) within the front door cards and 2 x 45 watt mid-range 4" speakers located in the rear door cards. All powered by an integrated amplifier built into the main head unit".

Note: This information is for the standard sound system. I reached back out to Ineos Support to get current information on the Premium Sound System Option and they are escalating it up the line in the hopes of getting me more accurate information relating to the Premium Sound System Option, which includes a subwoofer under the rear seat. Once they get back with me I will post any updated information. From what I can now tell about the standard sound system, the speakers are Hertz Brand, manufactured by Elettromedia. I have done some research on the web and have some phone numbers to contact Elettromedia directly to see if I can get more detailed information from them too. It appears that Hertz speakers are well thought of in the automotive sound industry and they have a price range of speakers that might give us some easy upgrade options if needed. My initial thoughts are to spec my vehicle for the Premium Sound System and spec it for the option to add a second battery later on. I will then move the sub-woofer from under the rear seat to the rear boot area in a proper location or into a correctly configured subwoofer box that can be easily secured and removed if needed and then put in the second battery under the rear seat.
If anyone gets some additional information let us all know. I love Jazz and Surf Music! DaBull
Bump.

Any more stereo and speaker details?

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bump.

Hi Krabby, No more new info yet, I will reach back out to my contact again and see if he has any more info.
I found it interesting that they found an amplifier
Bump.

Hi Krabby, No more updates yet. I will reach out to my contact again.
I anyone else on the forum has upgraded the standard sound system in anyway let us know the details.
I did find it interesting that both Rovie and Jean Mercier found an amplifier at the very interior rear of the Grenadier, just adjacent to where the rear doors open. DaBulll

Here are some links and photo links to what they found when they removed rear panels.
Rovie
https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...your-grenadier-today.12411127/post-1333186235
https://www.theineosforum.com/attachments/img_2243-jpg.7814882/

Jean Mercier
https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...your-grenadier-today.12411127/post-1333186265
https://www.theineosforum.com/attachments/20230531_183203-jpg.7814892/
https://www.theineosforum.com/attachments/20230601_111821-jpg.7814896/

Vote:

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the $700.00 "upgraded" sound system for the Grenadier for the U.S. Market.

100% verified with photos.

For $700.00, you get a (Off the shelf) JBL Basspro Nano powered subwoofer (speaker size 6X8), wired up and installed under the right rear passenger seat. That's it, there are no other amplifiers or upgrades.

The same subwoofer retails for $229.95 online: (see link below)

Also included with every JBL Basspro nano is a wired bass volume controller you can mount (Somewhere) within the driver or passenger area.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rQ6M0s2tvHj/p_109BASPRON/JBL-BassPro-Nano.html?XVINQ=BP0&XVVER=1959&awcr=76759846184761&awdv=c&awkw=jbl basspro nano&awmt=e&awnw=s&awat=&awug=&msclkid=12a93e65c219135595195b2a1a705045

See attached pics-

Attachments

• 7CBEEE9E-741E-4635-8013-340600A948B7.jpeg
    7CBEEE9E-741E-4635-8013-340600A948B7.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 116
  • 4246216A-C064-43A4-A3B5-1565C8166AEF.jpeg
    4246216A-C064-43A4-A3B5-1565C8166AEF.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 113
  • E2471C88-D6E5-45F8-BDE7-39B9D413C31A.jpeg
    E2471C88-D6E5-45F8-BDE7-39B9D413C31A.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 91673745-E751-4350-BB0A-A0A817A3BB10.jpeg
    91673745-E751-4350-BB0A-A0A817A3BB10.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 111
Vote:
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Here is the $700.00 "upgraded" sound system for the Grenadier for the U.S. Market.

For $700.00, you get a (Off the shelf) JBL Basspro Nano powered subwoofer (speaker size 6X8), wired up and installed under the right rear passenger seat. That's it, there are no other amplifiers or upgrades.

Also included with every JBL Basspro nano is a wired bass volume controller you can mount (Somewhere) within the driver or passenger area.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-rQ6M0s2tvHj/p_109BASPRON/JBL-BassPro-Nano.html?XVINQ=BP0&XVVER=1959&awcr=76759846184761&awdv=c&awkw=jbl basspro nano&awmt=e&awnw=s&awat=&awug=&msclkid=12a93e65c219135595195b2a1a705045

See attached pics-
Uhmm that is not really a upgrade

Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Uhmm that is not really a upgrade
I mean, it's not a lie in any way, they say it adds a subwoofer (or at least it was stated somewhere that it was just a subwoofer). The easiest option would be to grab something that already exists. I feel like the install could definitely be more tidy and cleaner, and the bass knob inclusion is just flat out odd (especially not installed in a proper spot). There's definitely more room in that area, and I feel it a bit off to not include the plastic bin that is found on other units that have nothing in that space.

Also, @RunBikeDive it isn't just for the US market, it's for MY24 globally.

The choice is a bit ironic as I was planning on putting a pair of these in mine (one under each front seat) when it arrives (I ordered a base SW without the stereo upgrade).

I say blame the US and other "lifestyle" markets that insisted on better audio options but with a tight timeline.

Vote:

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t blame the customer that Ineos provides something lame. That “sub” is so weak sauce I can’t believe it and it just pisses me off. To be purposely vague about it, then to not even engineer anything, and to charge a 300% markup. As a manufacturer there are so many easy really cool things they could have done, but instead just another rip off, pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwb
Vote:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

See attached pics-
Is that sub lashed down in any way, or just sorta chucked in there?

Vote:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
I mean, it's not a lie in any way, they say it adds a subwoofer (or at least it was stated somewhere that it was just a subwoofer). The easiest option would be to grab something that already exists. I feel like the install could definitely be more tidy and cleaner, and the bass knob inclusion is just flat out odd (especially not installed in a proper spot). There's definitely more room in that area, and I feel it a bit off to not include the plastic bin that is found on other units that have nothing in that space.

Also, @RunBikeDive it isn't just for the US market, it's for MY24 globally.

The choice is a bit ironic as I was planning on putting a pair of these in mine (one under each front seat) when it arrives (I ordered a base SW without the stereo upgrade).

I say blame the US and other "lifestyle" markets that insisted on better audio options but with a tight timeline.
I agree anand, and I think theyre in a tight spot with this stuff.
Premium sound is not really the car’s strong spot, and I think US market probably did demand it. Having said that, most people who value sound systems very highly in a utility vehicle are going to be adding or changing whats there anyway, even with this option.
so they have to sort out and fit something, change their wiring proceedure on the line, which has more labour cost than parts cost, and then they have to warrant it. All of this for what is likely a small number of orders as a percentage. (ps, all car stereo upgrades are high margin profit drivers for manufaturers, and cost way way less than you pay).

for example, 60 percent of aus orders are trialmasters (not official figure, but i think its right) and many others are basic.

It makes sense that if you like customising your stereo, dont get this option, and go to town. Youll be happier, and save a bit of cash.
But please dont camp near me🥴

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom