The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Public Service Announcement for Grenadiers with Premium Sound Package

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenadier a few weeks ago. The sound was never right, even after trying to adjust the subwoofer under the rear seat. But I just thought it was typically average car audio and left it alone.

Flash forward to yesterday with my friend's new Grenadier. He didn’t have any bass at all. No problem showed him how to adjust the Gain (which was on Min). As we were doing this, I noticed he had a corded Subwoofer Adjustment knob not present on mine! Pic Below. Frustrating (obviously).

Borrowed his (It's kind of a pain to detach), plugged it into my subwoofer, and did the adjustment (I put it at the midpoint). Much, much, much better sound quality!

Here is a short video on the JBL Nano and its functions. Pics of the unit controls on the back of the unit below.

A Few Data Points:

1) I'm not a serious audiophile but the Premium Sound is decent enough (when adjusted correctly).

2) If your sound seems a little off or way off, it’s probably related to the Subwoofer Controls. 3 adjustments require a small screwdriver (Gain, Bass Boost, Low Pass Filter) and one that’s attached which is called the 'Remote Control.' The ones that require the screwdriver are a pain to locate (for the first time) and to adjust (Best to do this from the driver's side Rear). The Remote Control is easy if you have it! Pics Below

3) if you are playing around with these settings, pay attention to the on / off button on the back. Auto On should be on and you should see a Green Light.

4) If you are missing the corded Subwoofer Remote / Cable like I was, they are not readily available online so I will have to figure that out next week.

5) Based on these two Grenadiers, the Subwoofer comes installed but not configured. On one vehicle, all the controls were basically turned UP and the other turned all the way DOWN. If you are not getting any Bass, your Gain is probably turned all the way DOWN.

6) And this is the 'PSA' .... Look under the Right Rear Seat and make sure you have the Remote Control cable!

Attachments

• 2472C650-798A-4C19-BE10-9B5B900D6DFB.jpeg
    2472C650-798A-4C19-BE10-9B5B900D6DFB.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 315
  • 33792E5E-8D5D-470C-B46D-62B608C983B7.jpeg
    33792E5E-8D5D-470C-B46D-62B608C983B7.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 294
  • F61523C6-7B9C-4B16-81DD-92190883ACC6.jpeg
    F61523C6-7B9C-4B16-81DD-92190883ACC6.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 363

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenadier a few weeks ago. The sound was never right, even after trying to adjust the subwoofer under the rear seat. But I just thought it was typically average car audio and left it alone.

Flash forward to yesterday with my friend's new Grenadier. He didn’t have any bass at all. No problem showed him how to adjust the Gain (which was on Min). As we were doing this, I noticed he had a corded Subwoofer Adjustment knob not present on mine! Pic Below. Frustrating (obviously).

Borrowed his (It's kind of a pain to detach), plugged it into my subwoofer, and did the adjustment (I put it at the midpoint). Much, much, much better sound quality!

Here is a short video on the JBL Nano and its functions. Pics of the unit controls on the back of the unit below.

A Few Data Points:

1) I'm not a serious audiophile but the Premium Sound is decent enough (when adjusted correctly).

2) If your sound seems a little off or way off, it’s probably related to the Subwoofer Controls. 3 adjustments require a small screwdriver (Gain, Bass Boost, Low Pass Filter) and one that’s attached which is called the 'Remote Control.' The ones that require the screwdriver are a pain to locate (for the first time) and to adjust (Best to do this from the driver's side Rear). The Remote Control is easy if you have it! Pics Below

3) if you are playing around with these settings, pay attention to the on / off button on the back. Auto On should be on and you should see a Green Light.

4) If you are missing the corded Subwoofer Remote / Cable like I was, they are not readily available online so I will have to figure that out next week.

5) Based on these two Grenadiers, the Subwoofer comes installed but not configured. On one vehicle, all the controls were basically turned UP and the other turned all the way DOWN. If you are not getting any Bass, your Gain is probably turned all the way DOWN.

6) And this is the 'PSA' .... Look under the Right Rear Seat and make sure you have the Remote Control cable!
Thank you for this fabulous heads up!!

NOLA Grenadier

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

A Few Data Points:

Thank you Offroad! I am amazed at the lengths forum members go to educate and assist the group with potential issues and upgrades.

There are photos in other threads of "pre-delivered" Grenadiers with the JBL subwoofer box in the back of the vehicle for dealers to install. Based on this, should the dealer not have the missing remote level controller for your vehicle?

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Thank you Offroad! I am amazed at the lengths forum members go to educate and assist the group with potential issues and upgrades.

There are photos in other threads of "pre-delivered" Grenadiers with the JBL subwoofer box in the back of the vehicle for dealers to install. Based on this, should the dealer not have the missing remote level controller for your vehicle?
I was wondering if this was a dealer-installed option or maybe done at the port. No box with mine so I will need to check it out with my dealer this week.

NOLA Grenadier

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
1702853910781.jpeg
I was wondering if this was a dealer-installed option or maybe done at the port. No box with mine so I will need to check it out with my dealer this week.

Here is the photo I referenced from a pre-delivered vehicle that had the JBL sub in the rear storage area.

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Interesting that this is a dealer installed option.
I wonder if it will be possible to procure the JBL sub and easily wire it into a Gren that was not ordered with it. There must be a connector harness under the seat?

good way to save $700! Im glad I ordered mine with the aux battery instead.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that this is a dealer installed option.
I wonder if it will be possible to procure the JBL sub and easily wire it into a Gren that was not ordered with it. There must be a connector harness under the seat?

good way to save $700! Im glad I ordered mine with the aux battery instead.
From what I've heard it may be installed at the port or dealer, however, there is a difference in wiring harness to make the quick connection possible.

Of course, this needs to be confirmed

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A Few Data Points:

Thank you. I saw the post on FB but I know once I take delivery I will never find that post again. Lol.

I am not an audiophile either, but I drive with the roof and/or windows open as much as possible so making sure I can hear is still a priority.

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score

A Few Data Points:

I just checked mine.
- I have the subwoofer adjustment knob, but is mounted right next to the unit, under my rear passenger seat
- was turned on (green light on), and the 3 individual controls - gain, boost, low pass filter) were at 50-65% set (e.g. mid point or higher)
- however, the subwoofer remote was set to 'Min'. So wasn't really getting any base. I fixed that.

Thanks a ton for sharing. Had no idea. Didn't sound great, but not awful either. And have only driven a couple times since gotten the vehicle. Appreciate your sharing.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

A Few Data Points:

I just picked up my Gren today and it was also missing the adjustment knob. Dealership told me that they will mail it to me when the part comes in. Apparently many of them are missing.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just picked up my Gren today and it was also missing the adjustment knob. Dealership told me that they will mail it to me when the part comes in. Apparently many of them are missing.
Isn't the adjustment knob part of the original JBl product (package contents)? We've had a photo of a JBL box in the cargo area of one "G" so if the Dealership is installing ,then they are throwing it away in the box - right? Again that would be the "logic" and we've come to know "chaos".
If mine is missing, I'm telling the Dealer to take out the unit, adjust the final price and I'll go to Crutchfield and get one on the way home at a huge savings.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the adjustment knob part of the original JBl product (package contents)? We've had a photo of a JBL box in the cargo area of one "G" so if the Dealership is installing ,then they are throwing it away in the box - right? Again that would be the "logic" and we've come to know "chaos".
If mine is missing, I'm telling the Dealer to take out the unit, adjust the final price and I'll go to Crutchfield and get one on the way home at a huge savings.
If you buy the sub by itself from Crutchfield, it'll come with the adjustment knob.

With the Grenadier the adjustment knob is not supposed to be included (from what I've heard, a few were erroneously shipped along with the vehicle). The dealer isn't installing these from a box, they are installed at the factory and to the best of my knowledge the harness is unique if you order the Premium Sound vs. not having it (so it isn't "plug n play")

jjncvt

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I would go to one of the car audio shops. I went to a shop close to Curry called " Sounds Incredible" https://soundsincrediblemobile.com/. They installed a new system in my old chevy suburban. New Camera and a head unit. They do sound proofing and can take you as far down the rabbit hole as you want to go. If you want good sound, you will probably want to replace the amps and do some sound proofing. I am not an true audio guy, but I have done a little research on the topic.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you buy the sub by itself from Crutchfield, it'll come with the adjustment knob.

With the Grenadier the adjustment knob is not supposed to be included (from what I've heard, a few were erroneously shipped along with the vehicle). The dealer isn't installing these from a box, they are installed at the factory and to the best of my knowledge the harness is unique if you order the Premium Sound vs. not having it (so it isn't "plug n play")
Doesn't make sense that if a piece of equipment is needed it is not sent with original equipment??? I've seen and invoice and agree the JBL unit was not listed as "Dealer Installed Accessories" so was probably bundled into the "Factory Installed" costs that were not itemized.

What's your thinking for the knob "not suppose to be included"? How do you erroneously ship something that is required ??

Thank you very much for the insight thought!! Want to be "eyes wide open" going into the Dealer so as to handle any "speak" they toss at me.

Cheers!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense that if a piece of equipment is needed it is not sent with original equipment???

What's your thinking for the knob "not suppose to be included"? How do you erroneously ship something that is required ??

Thank you very much for the insight thought!! Want to be "eyes wide open" going into the Dealer so as to handle any "speak" they toss at me.
The knob isn't "needed". Not saying it is useless or doesn't serve a purpose, but in this application it isn't intended to be there.

The erroneous shipment, if I had to guess, those that got it were among the first handful that the factory installed ever, and the box from JBL just went with the vehicle.

As with a few other things, I won't quote my source, but I'm confident in my answer.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The knob isn't "needed". Not saying it is useless or doesn't serve a purpose, but in this application it isn't intended to be there.

The erroneous shipment, if I had to guess, those that got it were among the first handful that the factory installed ever, and the box from JBL just went with the vehicle.

As with a few other things, I won't quote my source, but I'm confident in my answer.
I trust. (y)

Back
Top Bottom