The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Sound System & Premium Sound Details?

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering what exactly is included with the premium sound? Is it an extra subwoofer? Do you have details on the speakers both premium and non-premium option? Are there any guides or diagrams or knowledge on swapping out the speakers for aftermarket ones (how easy is it in case I want a trialmaster and add better sound later)?

Solution
Hi,
I was wondering what exactly is included with the premium sound? Is it an extra subwoofer? Do you have details on the speakers both premium and non-premium option? Are there any guides or diagrams or knowledge on swapping out the speakers for aftermarket ones (how easy is it in case I want a trialmaster and add better sound later)?
From the configurator:
Screenshot_20230519_123410.jpg

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well as they say, buyer beware. Throughout this whole 2-year saga, I think Ineos has been mostly transparent. They only offered this at preorder time, so no opportunity to see what was offered, and absolutely no mention of exactly what it was. I took a chance, and will get an empty sack in exchange. I know most of you don’t care about this, but I like driving to some hammering tunes and I just didn’t want to cut into the system of a brand new car that I assume will have issues and become the scapegoat of their electrical gremlins. If I was informed of what I was getting, I might have opted out or alternatively opted in for the dual battery setup (which seems like a bargain in comparison). My bad I guess, but disappointing such an expensive vehicle.

Vote:

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi ADVAW8S, Yes, The Premium Sound System includes an UpRated Amp. Hopefully this will not only result in a premium sound upgrade with the existing speakers, it will also perhaps allow upgrading to even better speakers that might need more power to drive them correctly. Hoping the Uprated Amp provides lots of flexibility if needed and if not, that the Premium Sound Option sounds fantastic. When I purchased my 2020 Defender it came with the standard Meridian Sound System, which is still very nice, however I always wished it would have come with the upgraded Premium Meridian Sound System. Never got around to changing it as it would have likely required getting the Premium Uprated Amp and there was not an option to buy it from Land Rover after the fact. DaBull
My 2020 Jaguar F-Type has the Premium Meridian Surround Sound. It isn’t all that wonderful. Even in the small cockpit of the F-Type it seems very ordinary.f

Vote:

jwb

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Well as they say, buyer beware. Throughout this whole 2-year saga, I think Ineos has been mostly transparent. They only offered this at preorder time, so no opportunity to see what was offered, and absolutely no mention of exactly what it was. I took a chance, and will get an empty sack in exchange. I know most of you don’t care about this, but I like driving to some hammering tunes and I just didn’t want to cut into the system of a brand new car that I assume will have issues and become the scapegoat of their electrical gremlins. If I was informed of what I was getting, I might have opted out or alternatively opted in for the dual battery setup (which seems like a bargain in comparison). My bad I guess, but disappointing such an expensive vehicle.
Well said, I had the same rational in adding it to my order and now feel the same as you....disappointed. The actual subwoofer is average but it's a joke for $700, and the installation package is meh. I had also assumed/hoped it would be multi-channel to drive the other speakers.

Vote:

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that sub lashed down in any way, or just sorta chucked in there?
Hey Krabby!
So Ineos mounted this speaker close to a 90 degree angle, (facing forward/upward towards the front) on a simple "L" shaped bracket that can be removed in maybe a few minute. There's still loads of room under the seat (see pics) for a larger speaker or other options. This subwoofer is about the size of a large Dictionary.

If You look at the original photo that's a bit blurry, you will notice the side with the the variable bass frequency, phase switch, & low pass cross over controllers.

because of The way the subwoofer is mounted by Ineos,
"YOU CAN NOT ADJUST OR ACCESS THESE CONTROLLERS UNLESS YOU REMOVE THE ENTIRE UNIT"

To understand this better, I attached a stock photo of these controls on the subwoofer you would use to "dial in" the best bass sound the owner prefers: Again, there Is not enough space to access this as it sits now.

Also, anybody could wire this up as it comes with the wiring harness & labeled wiring instructions right outa the box.

Here are the specs you get for $700.00 premium sound
  • 6"x8" shallow-profile woofer
  • built-in amplifier: 100 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
  • 10-gauge wiring kit
  • controls:
    • low-pass crossover variable from 50-150 Hz at 12 dB per octave
    • variable bass boost (0 to +12 dB at 50 Hz)
    • phase switch (selectable 0 or 180 degrees)
    • wired remote volume control
I'm also guessing Ineos purchased these little guys in bulk & paid much less than the $229.00 retail price....

Attachments

• F02A6DB7-BD75-4E68-B1E8-E4654FCA7B0F.jpeg
    F02A6DB7-BD75-4E68-B1E8-E4654FCA7B0F.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 42170531-AD56-4693-A615-A97F9DC3FFD3.jpeg
    42170531-AD56-4693-A615-A97F9DC3FFD3.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 85D098E2-4B85-4553-A67E-CAFEBD7733D7.jpeg
    85D098E2-4B85-4553-A67E-CAFEBD7733D7.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 47
  • 1FFBE682-40D5-44DA-AF09-6A9E825EDE2E.jpeg
    1FFBE682-40D5-44DA-AF09-6A9E825EDE2E.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 49
Vote:

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Damn I ordered it too. They couldn't even use the line ins? They used the speaker level inputs. Sad.

Reactions: jwb
Vote:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Damn I ordered it too. They couldn't even use the line ins? They used the speaker level inputs. Sad.
There's nothing on the infotainment to produce line level outputs unfortunately

• Sad
Reactions: jwb
Vote:

tristand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone who has this option see where the speaker level inputs are wired to? Are the existing speaker wires routed under the rear seat in a location that is accessible?

While this solution is not ideal, I'd like to replicate it given how cheap the sub unit is (when not purchased from ineos!).

A photo of the wiring would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Tristan

Vote:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone who has this option see where the speaker level inputs are wired to? Are the existing speaker wires routed under the rear seat in a location that is accessible?

While this solution is not ideal, I'd like to replicate it given how cheap the sub unit is (when not purchased from ineos!).

A photo of the wiring would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Tristan
And where are the taking the power supply from, permanent or ignition live; then that begs the question via a fused circuit or just relying on it's own fuse

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
At the dealer today to listen to the Premium stereo version. I think something was wrong with it as the bass overpowered everything. Anybody else experience this and/or is there a setting besides the equalizer/presets?

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the dealer today to listen to the Premium stereo version. I think something was wrong with it as the bass overpowered everything. Anybody else experience this and/or is there a setting besides the equalizer/presets?
Hi Roach, did you see post #25 above. It shows the sub-woofer and there are adjustments on it, however as @RunBikeDive mentions, you would have to first remove it from under the rear seat to get at the controls. Perhaps a better way to go is to simply buy the unit yourself and install it under the front seat. A bit more work, however now gives you the flexibility of ordering a second battery and then getting a sub-woofer. I ordered the second battery by getting a Trialmaster and am opting to adding a sub-woofer after I take delivery in April 2024. DaBull

Here's a link to post #25 above.

Here's another link to the sub-woofer to get more info.

Here's another link to a post from @Eric.S. who installed a Pioneer Sub-Woofer under the front seat and his install photos too.

Last edited:
Vote:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Here is a updated video from the team in UK that did a sound system upgrade. It's a deeper walk through with parts list. Sounds like they are working on. developing a package to ship internationally for those looking to upgrade the sound.

View: https://youtu.be/h1NtL7w1scc?si=8s5NKnerdbgfSgsG

Vote:
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Roach, did you see post #25 above. It shows the sub-woofer and there are adjustments on it, however as @RunBikeDive mentions, you would have to first remove it from under the rear seat to get at the controls. Perhaps a better way to go is to simply buy the unit yourself and install it under the front seat. A bit more work, however now gives you the flexibility of ordering a second battery and then getting a sub-woofer. I ordered the second battery by getting a Trialmaster and am opting to adding a sub-woofer after I take delivery in April 2024. DaBull

Here's a link to post #25 above.

Here's another link to the sub-woofer to get more info.

Here's another link to a post from @Eric.S. who installed a Pioneer Sub-Woofer under the front seat and his install photos too.
Thanks for the summary and links!

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom