The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas I'm in - put preorder

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
I also removed the roof rack as 'dealer installed' is about as efficient as buying a toilet seat from Boeing.
I left the roof rack as I was informed "specifying the roof rack" alters factory spring selection (just like selecting a winch).
(y)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
I left the roof rack as I was informed "specifying the roof rack" alters factory spring selection (just like selecting a winch).
(y)
I have never heard that one about roof rack and springs - where did you see it or did ineos inform you of that?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
(y)
I have never heard that one about roof rack and springs - where did you see it or did ineos inform you of that?
The Ineos factory Tech Guy at the Maryland drive event (Tim?) confirmed this.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos factory Tech Guy at the Maryland drive event (Tim?) confirmed this.
Bonus points for remembering Tim's name! Although, technically, like nearly all of us on the PTO2 tour, he doesn't actually work for Ineos. His job is to know every possible detail of the vehicles and inform the customer of them.

I do remember several conversations with the Ineos UK gents earlier this year where it was talked about that "a handful" of spring part numbers existed, and that options (including the rack) could alter the spring choice. How that translates into US (or RoW) production, I'm not 100% certain on. I believe @DCPU started a post trying to work out what configurations yielded what spring specifically (between M1/N1, 2 seater/5 seater, and options).

Specifically for the rack however, I'm not sure it will yield a spring change as the rack is a dealer installed option (as are the sliders (similar added weight and distribution of weight); and is something that could simply be ordered as an accessory by the dealer to install. Bottom line, we'll figure out when they start showing up, or if more of the RoW owners are willing to spend a few moments and inspect their springs so the community can appropriately decipher the codes

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom