The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Here’s my planned order, thoughts?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
$85,785

Safari windows, Upgraded electric panel, towing, Front and rear diff lockers. Missing any other ‘gotta-haves, hard to add’ options?

I’d like the winch, not sure if I would ever use it. Probably add 3rd party rock sliders with some kind of step. Same with roof rack and Awning, rear table. Swap out for 285 KO2s at some point, maybe before I take it.

Contrast roof and Napa is the splurge. LEather was a maybe, but the wife likes leather.

Green is 1st pick, I’d go one of the whites, but both our other cars are white…. Others are pretty, but not huge fans of really dark colors.

02 EXTERIOR
Body Color
Sela Green (Solid)$580.00
Contrast elements
Contrast Roof - Scottish White$1,280.00
Contrast Ladder Frame - Black$0.00
Wheels
17" Steel Wheel$0.00
Locking Wheel Nuts$90.00
Tires
Bridgestone All-Terrain Tire$0.00
Options and accessories
Access Ladder$475.00
Safari Windows$2,150.00
Heat Reflective Privacy Glass$525.00
Spare Wheel Cover $0.00
Exterior Utility Belt$585.00

03 INTERIOR
Interior trim
Leather Trim - Black$2,000.00
Heated Front Seats$535.00
Comfort
Saddle Leather Driver's Pack$800.00
Central Stowage Box, Lockable$0.00
Flooring
Heavy Duty Utility Flooring with Drain Valves$0.00
Floor Mats
Rubber Floor Mats *$250.00

04 UTILITY
Packs
Smooth pack$0.00
Off-road
Center Differential Lock$0.00
Differential Locks Front & Rear$2,250.00
Winching and towing
Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics$800.00
Power
Auxiliary Charge Points$0.00
High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation$1,650.00
Interior cargo
Interior Utility Rails$315.00

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Overall pretty similar configurations and wanted to ask a couple of questions, as I struggled to decide options of mine:
1. Do you think Locking Wheel Nuts is necessary? I initially added and decided to remove.
2. Heat Reflective Privacy Glass - I think I can get a nicer one including driver's and passenger's at the local tinting shop for the price. Do you have a reason to go with this?
3. Interior Utility Rails - how often do you think you will use this? or any specific purpose for your choice?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My 2¢

Skip the locking lug nuts.

From what I’ve seen from photos of real owners trucks, the factory tint looks great. I’m going w that because we can’t tint our front windows in NJ anyway.

Get the rails. They’re not too expensive and I think will prove to be really practical.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Smart choices! For the prices, you’re smart to add those accessories after purchase. It’s really looking like there will be some (many) choices in bumper, racks, sliders, et . I added a bunch of them in my spec and I’m second guessing some of those choices now. With this many aftermarket options, every grenadier can be unique.
Safari windows have come up multiple times as a “must have” option in an earlier thread. Not so much for functionality as for their contribution to the unique design that adds to the character of the vehicle.
Even the most basic configuration will have the easy potential to be something special and a reflection of its owner. Can’t go wrong in my opinion. There isn’t even a color that I dislike.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
$85,785

Safari windows, Upgraded electric panel, towing, Front and rear diff lockers. Missing any other ‘gotta-haves, hard to add’ options?

I’d like the winch, not sure if I would ever use it. Probably add 3rd party rock sliders with some kind of step. Same with roof rack and Awning, rear table. Swap out for 285 KO2s at some point, maybe before I take it.

Contrast roof and Napa is the splurge. LEather was a maybe, but the wife likes leather.

Green is 1st pick, I’d go one of the whites, but both our other cars are white…. Others are pretty, but not huge fans of really dark colors.
I like the black roof with Sela green

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Overall pretty similar configurations and wanted to ask a couple of questions, as I struggled to decide options of mine:
1. Do you think Locking Wheel Nuts is necessary? I initially added and decided to remove.
2. Heat Reflective Privacy Glass - I think I can get a nicer one including driver's and passenger's at the local tinting shop for the price. Do you have a reason to go with this?
3. Interior Utility Rails - how often do you think you will use this? or any specific purpose for your choice?
1. Locking Wheel Nuts can be your worst enemy during actual off-roading. The key can be lost or, if the problem is a stuck wheel nut that needs a lot of force to be freed, the locking design may be weaker and unable to hold up under pressure (I have seen both of these things, including a Land Rover locking nut breaking apart, while on the trail.)

2. The factory glass (hopefully) incorporates a sandwiched laminate that helps with heat control and will not become damaged during use, as can be the case with aftermarket plastic films that are adhered to the interior side of the glass.

3. Properly securing interior loads is critical for crash safety and ‘energetic‘ off-roading. For this reason the Interior Utility Rails seem worth every dollar.

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, other people are like "I would always have locking nuts". I figured that especially for the spare it is good, and if you have one in the spare, you need a key already. I live in an urban area with a lot of vehicle and property crime. Now, I might not get them from IG, I just put them on for authenticity for resale- just kidding.
I need to look at this more. Is it just a film on the inside or part of the glass, either in the glass or the intermediate plastic that keeps the glass together. A mile up and very sunny here in Colorado, so the heat and the security (urban again). It does seem like it is an open question as to if it is just like a post added film.
Interior rails mainly for commonality with the side ones. No real reason, I think they could be deletable. I can't rememeber the angle of the floor- it is pretty flat? My current SUV has a pretty good downslope, so having something to put 'dams' up would be interesting .

Thanks for the thoughts, good luck with your process.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Smart choices! For the prices, you’re smart to add those accessories after purchase. It’s really looking like there will be some (many) choices in bumper, racks, sliders, et . I added a bunch of them in my spec and I’m second guessing some of those choices now. With this many aftermarket options, every grenadier can be unique.
Safari windows have come up multiple times as a “must have” option in an earlier thread. Not so much for functionality as for their contribution to the unique design that adds to the character of the vehicle.
Even the most basic configuration will have the easy potential to be something special and a reflection of its owner. Can’t go wrong in my opinion. There isn’t even a color that I dislike.
In another thread Is started on the windows and roof racks, someone pointed out that these windows start much further forward than the standard sun roofs. You can actually look up out of them and see forward a bit. Interesting insight.

Thanks

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Re the Heat Reflective Privacy Glass, I e-mailed Ineos this question:

"I am in the process of configuring a pre-order and cannot tell from the information provided (i.e., "dark tinted glazing") whether the Heat Reflective Privacy Glass option is just traditional tinted windows via the application of a film or whether the glass has some other type of protection (like Low-E glass) or has a tint baked into the glass. What can you tell me about that?"

And received this answer:

"Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

I am so excited to hear you are in the process of configuring your Grenadier.

I can confirm the Privacy Glass option will have tinted film over the standard glass.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance."

I posted a similar question in the Q&A Sessions INeos Americas forum and am curious to see if it gets a different response.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My nit-picking response:

I do not want the sunroofs. I'm 6'4" tall, have driven LR's for decades and do not have problems with traffic lights. While unique, they are small and there is no way to visually close them off so the sun is always shining. They are also the oldest over center locking clamp design, which while being simple to operate/remove, also contributed to the basic understanding that a sunroof will leak.

Exterior utility rails? I will never attach anything to the side of an off-road vehicle, so, no thanks.

I did order the wheel locks just to have one for the spare, but plan to take them off the road wheels.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did order the wheel locks just to have one for the spare, but plan to take them off the road wheels.
Money may be no object here, but if you only need one for the spare, I'm sure you can find a solution a lot cheaper than the Ineos locks. Sample here ($14): Spare Tire Lock or this $14 option. Need to confirm sizing, etc.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1. Locking Wheel Nuts can be your worst enemy during actual off-roading. The key can be lost or, if the problem is a stuck wheel nut that needs a lot of force to be freed, the locking design may be weaker and unable to hold up under pressure (I have seen both of these things, including a Land Rover locking nut breaking apart, while on the trail.)
Off road dangers have nothing on Walmart Auto Care Centers where I believe they take those special wheel nut tools out of your vehicle and ship them directly to Chicago.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Having owned one for six weeks, go for the interior utility rails. The rear load area surface is very slippery and everything slides around if it's not tied down. I have them in mine and thought them a luxury when I ordered. They are a necessity.

Just my 10 cents

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Re the Heat Reflective Privacy Glass, I e-mailed Ineos this question:

"I am in the process of configuring a pre-order and cannot tell from the information provided (i.e., "dark tinted glazing") whether the Heat Reflective Privacy Glass option is just traditional tinted windows via the application of a film or whether the glass has some other type of protection (like Low-E glass) or has a tint baked into the glass. What can you tell me about that?"

And received this answer:

"Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

I am so excited to hear you are in the process of configuring your Grenadier.

I can confirm the Privacy Glass option will have tinted film over the standard glass.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance."

I posted a similar question in the Q&A Sessions INeos Americas forum and am curious to see if it gets a different response.
That response from Ineos is wrong the heat insulating privacy glass is tinted glass i.e dark coloured glass and not a plastic tint they work very well as without them you are driving around in a greenhouse with potentially 14 pieces of glass in. The rear loadspace rails are good because they are level with floor I use them more than I thought also the second battery is worth it because the factory wiring is so good and is covered by the warranty .

Local time
Reaction score
That response from Ineos is wrong the heat insulating privacy glass is tinted glass i.e dark coloured glass and not a plastic tint they work very well as without them you are driving around in a greenhouse with potentially 14 pieces of glass in. The rear loadspace rails are good because they are level with floor I use them more than I thought also the second battery is worth it because the factory wiring is so good and is covered by the warranty .
Asking to the US website, they confirmed that it is a film attached. It is possible that it depends on countries.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ask them again Ineos costumer service ain’t the best the tint in mine is definitely the glass
We are awaiting a response to this question in the "Ask Ineos" section of this forum for North American orders. Hopefully, it will be answered soon. It's encouraging to hear yours is not just a tinted film.

Back
Top Bottom