The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How to part ways with my Grenadier

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
This thread gives me PTSD. I speculatively replaced my garage door at great expense to give me more clearance before I had my Grenadier delivered because my insurance wouldn’t cover without it being garaged. I did all my measurements and hy my calculations I should have had about 50mm clearance. When the car came it looked like it wouldn’t fit and I had about 5 people positioned around the car as spotters as I gingerly eased it in. In the end it clears by about 5mm. (If it put it in the other side it just touches) its nerve wracking.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
This thread gives me PTSD. I speculatively replaced my garage door at great expense to give me more clearance before I had my Grenadier delivered because my insurance wouldn’t cover without it being garaged. I did all my measurements and hy my calculations I should have had about 50mm clearance. When the car came it looked like it wouldn’t fit and I had about 5 people positioned around the car as spotters as I gingerly eased it in. In the end it clears by about 5mm. (If it put it in the other side it just touches) its nerve wracking.
Hi AnD3rew, I think I am going to triple measure my garage again! At least we all have the 4 plastic "Grenadier Garage Door Header Rub Strips" on top of our Grenadier Roofs. DaBull

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi AnD3rew, I think I am going to triple measure my garage again! At least we all have the 4 plastic "Grenadier Garage Door Header Rub Strips" on top of our Grenadier Roofs. DaBull
Good idea. Be aware there is slight differences in the height of the 17” vs 18” wheels. Also the angle you enter the garage can give you a variation in the hight as you go into it from the measurement at level.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good idea. Be aware there is slight differences in the height of the 17” vs 18” wheels. Also the angle you enter the garage can give you a variation in the hight as you go into it from the measurement at level.
Breakover angle is my friend....how many just went out to measure?

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Breakover angle is my friend....how many just went out to measure?
Apologies up front for asking what may be a "stupid question"; How does/would 'breakover' (angle) affect a vehicle reported height? I was under the assumption breakover meant the angle the under carriage would clear both rear and front?

thank you.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies up front for asking what may be a "stupid question"; How does/would 'breakover' (angle) affect a vehicle reported height? I was under the assumption breakover meant the angle the under carriage would clear both rear and front?

thank you.
It probably doesn't directly correlate to breakover angle, but my driveway angles up to my garage..as I pull into the garage the height of the vehicle will drop a bit as the front tires will be on the level ground of the garage floor and the back tires will still be on the sloped driveway, probably negligible, but I do get a little more roof clearance when pulling in. Imagine the center of vehicle getting a little closer to the ground as I hit the apex of the driveway/garage floor.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
Hello everone,
After a long wait, i finally took delivery of my beautiful Eldoret Blue Grenadier. After measuring several times entrance to my building's garage, i was almost certain that it was the right size to fit my SUV with 80.6" high. Well, did not go so well. Return from the dealer, i was too tall about 1".
Really said, but now i have to part ways with my Grenadier. If anyone knows anyone who is interested, please let me know. I am just looking for what i have in it which is $85000
Here are the details:
Eldoret Blue (Solid)
Contrast elements Contrast Ladder Frame - Black
Wheels Locking Wheel Nuts
17" Alloy Wheel
Tires Bridgestone All-Terrain Tire
Options and
accessories
Access Ladder
Safari Windows
Heat Reflective Privacy Glass
Spare Wheel Cover
Bump strips
Utility Trim
Comfort Central Stowage Box, Lockable
Nappa Leather Driver's Pack
Compass with Altimeter
Premium Sound System
Flooring Carpet Flooring

Just ceramic quoted and front windows tinted

currently 72 miles and in a closed storage facility

thank you for looking
Is your Grenadier listed on Cars & Bids?

Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score

thank you.
Sounds like you have it right. Ineos provides a nice little summary:

Clearance_2.png

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any thoughts on why the payload on your truck is so low at just 831 lbs? GVWR is 7716lbs but available payload is just 831. Seems like you are missing 500+ lbs somewhereIMG_0586.jpegIMG_0585.jpeg

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been concerned about this and also had my garage door replaced in anticipation to gain some more height. So sorry to hear about your situation. Probably one of my biggest concerns with this car is that I likely won’t be able to do any mods (lift, tires, roof rack, etc.) as the truck will get too tall. In the end that might save me money lol.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is an old, incorrect decal on a demo vehicle.
It would seem so, but this one is from the truck in cars and bids supposedly handed over to a customer. Anyhoo, I’ll be bringing mine to the CAT scale on the way home from the dealer when I collect it :)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would seem so, but this one is from the truck in cars and bids supposedly handed over to a customer. Anyhoo, I’ll be bringing mine to the CAT scale on the way home from the dealer when I collect it :)
I'm a pretty skeptical guy so if this image is from the now owner and that person did not post it here (but rather FB :rolleyes:) I'm not too confident in its validity. I could be inserting my foot into my mouth in saything that, but it seems incorrect.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm supposed to go pick mine up today or tomorrow but I'm not sure I would accept a vehicle with a payload that low without some really good explanation. My family is 650 lbs and the boys are growing. Within a few years I don't know if I could do a road trip without insurance possibly denying claims for overloading the car.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm supposed to go pick mine up today or tomorrow but I'm not sure I would accept a vehicle with a payload that low without some really good explanation. My family is 650 lbs and the boys are growing. Within a few years I don't know if I could do a road trip without insurance possibly denying claims for overloading the car.
Call the dealer and ask them to send a photo of your truck's decal.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Call the dealer and ask them to send a photo of your truck's decal.
I'm only 20 minutes away and have check in hand. No problem going in myself. Only concerned because it was apparently a July build.

Back
Top Bottom