The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How to part ways with my Grenadier

Beck_Mia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello everone,
After a long wait, i finally took delivery of my beautiful Eldoret Blue Grenadier. After measuring several times entrance to my building's garage, i was almost certain that it was the right size to fit my SUV with 80.6" high. Well, did not go so well. Return from the dealer, i was too tall about 1".
Really said, but now i have to part ways with my Grenadier. If anyone knows anyone who is interested, please let me know. I am just looking for what i have in it which is $85000
Here are the details:
Eldoret Blue (Solid)
Contrast elements Contrast Ladder Frame - Black
Wheels Locking Wheel Nuts
17" Alloy Wheel
Tires Bridgestone All-Terrain Tire
Options and
accessories
Access Ladder
Safari Windows
Heat Reflective Privacy Glass
Spare Wheel Cover
Bump strips
Utility Trim
Comfort Central Stowage Box, Lockable
Nappa Leather Driver's Pack
Compass with Altimeter
Premium Sound System
Flooring Carpet Flooring

Just ceramic quoted and front windows tinted

currently 72 miles and in a closed storage facility

thank you for looking

Attachments

• 20231208_172522.jpg
    20231208_172522.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
  • 20231208_172552 (1).jpg
    20231208_172552 (1).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • 20231208_172545.jpg
    20231208_172545.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 101

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sigh - that's terrible to hear. I'm sure you've had your brain on overdrive trying to figure something out, but is getting rid of it your only path?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sigh - that's terrible to hear. I'm sure you've had your brain on overdrive trying to figure something out, but is getting rid of it your only path?

Swap the suspension to airbags?

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everone,
After a long wait, i finally took delivery of my beautiful Eldoret Blue Grenadier. After measuring several times entrance to my building's garage, i was almost certain that it was the right size to fit my SUV with 80.6" high. Well, did not go so well. Return from the dealer, i was too tall about 1".
Really said, but now i have to part ways with my Grenadier. If anyone knows anyone who is interested, please let me know. I am just looking for what i have in it which is $85000
Here are the details:
Eldoret Blue (Solid)
17" Alloy Wheel
Options and
accessories
Access Ladder
Safari Windows
Spare Wheel Cover
Bump strips
Utility Trim
Compass with Altimeter
Premium Sound System
Flooring Carpet Flooring

thank you for looking
I am not sure what your issue is with the height. Are you saying the height of the Grenadier is 80.5 inches or is it 81.5 inches or is your garage entrance lower than the actual height of the car 80.5 inches? Did you measure your garage prior to your purchase, I have a 7' garage door and the opening for my garage is 82.5" is that going to be an issue for me?
I am sorry for your problem you Grenadier is beautiful. I am expecting delivery in March 2024 with the same color but with a white roof.

Beck_Mia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not sure what your issue is with the height. Are you saying the height of the Grenadier is 80.5 inches or is it 81.5 inches or is your garage entrance lower than the actual height of the car 80.5 inches? Did you measure your garage prior to your purchase, I have a 7' garage door and the opening for my garage is 82.5" is that going to be an issue for me?
I am sorry for your problem you Grenadier is beautiful. I am expecting delivery in March 2024 with the same color but with a white roof.
yes, i did measure and it was supposed to fit. According to specs i have, height of the grenadier is 80.6. Building garage was 79.2". they do have this roll up door, i think it is mostly the problem. I had my friend push the door up a bit. and it fit. how about that

Beck_Mia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
you have no idea. waited so long for this Grenadier. loosing sleep over this. bigger problem is what do i buy when i sell this

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
yes, i did measure and it was supposed to fit. According to specs i have, height of the grenadier is 80.6. Building garage was 79.2". they do have this roll up door, i think it is mostly the problem. I had my friend push the door up a bit. and it fit. how about that
Thats great! So now that the door has been adjusted your Grenadier can enter. Maybe the springs in the roll up door can be adjusted for a permanent fix!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello everone,
Here are the details:
Eldoret Blue (Solid)
17" Alloy Wheel
Options and
accessories
Access Ladder
Safari Windows
Spare Wheel Cover
Bump strips
Utility Trim
Compass with Altimeter
Premium Sound System
Flooring Carpet Flooring

thank you for looking
Hi Beck_Mia, Perhaps adjust the automatic garage door opener or move it back an inch or so to allow it to open a bit higher. I am having to modify my opener by moving it back an inch so my Grenadier will fit. DaBull

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just spit balling. If your downtown there are multiple garages that fit 7 feet and sell night spaces. Basically you can park from 6pm to 8am. There is an app that another forum member introduced that shows you parking lots and you can but you height of vehicle to filter downs ones that work. Option 2, smaller tires. You have a 31 tire, switch it out to a 28 inch tire. That should give you the clearance. If you plan to offroad, buy a different set of rims and put 28 on them. Then swap out wheels when you need too.

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was looking at the size difference between the 17" and 18" options. Interestingly, the 17" wheel/tire package diameter is 0.5" less than the 18" package. So the 17" wheel/tire package could have gotten you 0.25" closer. I bet there are different tires and or slightly different aspect ratios that might get you the whole way there without compromising the accuracy of the speedo.

Also, in my experience even two tires with the same aspect ratio are not guaranteed to be the exact same dimension. For example, a Falcon Wildpeak AT3/W is 0.3" taller than a BFG when both are 265/70/17.

Just a thought in case you wanted to consider this route.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 12.41.58 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 12.41.58 PM.png
    547.9 KB · Views: 67

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
I was looking at the size difference between the 17" and 18" options. Interestingly, the 17" wheel/tire package diameter is 0.5" less than the 18" package. So the 17" wheel/tire package could have gotten you 0.25" closer. I bet there are different tires and or slightly different aspect ratios that might get you the whole way there without compromising the accuracy of the speedo.

Also, in my experience even two tires with the same aspect ratio are not guaranteed to be the exact same dimension. For example, a Falcon Wildpeak AT3/W is 0.3" taller than a BFG when both are 265/70/17.

Just a thought in case you wanted to consider this route.
BFGs always seem to measure up small

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yea I realized it as soon as I looked at the plates.
It is a VERY Seattle problem though! I probably can't get a roof rack or lift without having to find street parking at Ballard every day I work!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It is a VERY Seattle problem though! I probably can't get a roof rack or lift without having to find street parking at Ballard every day I work!
One reason why I might not go with a roof rack and not going over 33 on tires. Most offices I visit the height is 6' 9 so I have to be selective of where to park. I travel a lot and the airport height restriction is 6'10 for garage anything your park out in middle of knowhere. I could do the parking in one of the outside lots but I am horrible at time management and find myself needing to park in garage to make it on time for my flight.

Back
Top Bottom