The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Here’s my planned order, thoughts?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
I did add the saddle leather and the compass/altimeter- the Ineos logo in the dash was kind of ugly...

Sat with the configurator open on my ipad for hours until my wife asked about it. The Green with contrast roof I had planned on she seemed to like, but I think she really likes the Donny Grey colour. She commented that the color seems to have a big effect on how the IG looks- though she liked most of the colors. She didn't like the 'whites' since they aren't actually 'white'. There is no denying that the Donney Gray looks nice. Gotta love that she never asked how much it was. She's looking at X5s, so she doesn't want to get into that discussion... :)

I think my wife put a subtle veto on the green with the white roof. In retrospect, the vehicle I was looking at before was a Landcrusier, which is about the epitome of 'stealthy' capable SUV. A Green and white would garner a lot of attention- which I think I was actually kind of thinking subliminally- but if I want people to see me, I'll buy a G-wagen. So I'm going to go with a Donney Grey. It was always a close second. Maybe my next IG will be green with a white roof. Plus it's a bit cheaper.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I replied to someone elses thread that I had pre-ordered. Opps.

Pretty slick of IG on the confirmation email.

When I went in to put in the order, my account was blank- no saved configs or any mention of a slot..... logged out and back in and it was there. That started a pucker...

1687991447439.png

jessejames

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I'm in:

Fieldmaster
Shale Blue
Heat Reflective Privacy Glass
Spare Wheel Lockable Storage Box
Saddle Leather Driver's Pack
Rough pack
Tow Hitch
High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Prep

$86,960 before destination.

Phila. dealer

jessejames

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding the little banners that show where folks are in the Grenadier purchase process, I'm wondering if the powers that be (Stu?) have given any thought to creating one for pre-order status.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Regarding the little banners that show where folks are in the Grenadier purchase process, I'm wondering if the powers that be (Stu?) have given any thought to creating one for pre-order status.
He said elsewhere to just use the Grenadier ordered option.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Heat reflective privacy glass applies to rear passenger windows and cargo area windows which totals 6 windows. View attachment 7816767
This picture convinced me to add it. Definitely cheaper than tint around me and the fronts aren't legal to tint. That's one less mod the truck will need. Thank you.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got a Trialmaster and added the saddle leather option (love), safari windows (love more), heat reflective privacy glass (I haven’t seen aftermarket tint that comes close and I believe it’s the glass and not a film)…also got the high load auxiliary / dual battery setup as well and towing setup- both of which are fantastic if you will be adding accessories. The rails (interior and exterior are very useful. Without the exterior rails you can’t add MOLLE panels and other accessories. Black Sheep has a breakdown of what is required on the stock vehicle to use their mods. I found that very useful.

I got the locking wheel nuts- because I need them at times where I live. But not critical. They’re high quality heavy duty ones and very good looking but I could skip that now that I think of it.

I got the smoker’s pack thinking I’d get an extra port. Didn’t. Waste of money. Dealer had warned me but I didn’t listen 😂

Bullbar, side rails and sliders all on my order too- none of which have arrived but all of which I would rather get from INEOS.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
I did add the saddle leather and the compass/altimeter- the Ineos logo in the dash was kind of ugly...

Sat with the configurator open on my ipad for hours until my wife asked about it. The Green with contrast roof I had planned on she seemed to like, but I think she really likes the Donny Grey colour. She commented that the color seems to have a big effect on how the IG looks- though she liked most of the colors. She didn't like the 'whites' since they aren't actually 'white'. There is no denying that the Donney Gray looks nice. Gotta love that she never asked how much it was. She's looking at X5s, so she doesn't want to get into that discussion... :)

I think my wife put a subtle veto on the green with the white roof. In retrospect, the vehicle I was looking at before was a Landcrusier, which is about the epitome of 'stealthy' capable SUV. A Green and white would garner a lot of attention- which I think I was actually kind of thinking subliminally- but if I want people to see me, I'll buy a G-wagen. So I'm going to go with a Donney Grey. It was always a close second. Maybe my next IG will be green with a white roof. Plus it's a bit cheaper.
I have the Donnie Grey with saddle leather and the light grey upholstery which really lightens up the interior. I also have the black contrast roof which was a complete waste of £900.00 as you can hardly ever see any difference.
Overall, happy with my choice and really loving the vehicle.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
As are the Safari windows :eek:
Heat reflective treatment on the safari windows works fine.
The entire roof of my current vehicle is glass and it is parked in the open in Queensland, Australia.
Currently winter here and temperature during the day is around 24 Celsius or 75 Fahrenheit
Summer it will sit around 35-45 Celsius or 95-115 Fahrenheit
Of course the car gets hot but cools down in a couple of minutes.

1689351551782.png1689351576813.png

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Heat reflective treatment on the safari windows works fine.
The entire roof of my current vehicle is glass and it is parked in the open in Queensland, Australia.
Currently winter here and temperature during the day is around 24 Celsius or 75 Fahrenheit
Summer it will sit around 35-45 Celsius or 95-115 Fahrenheit
Of course the car gets hot but cools down in a couple of minutes.

View attachment 7820014View attachment 7820016
Thank you, but no thank you! It's pushing 35C today and it's cloudy - hot spell all over NA. My current vehicle, and 2nd ever with a sunroof, has the hard sun shade closed all the time except Winter. It was novelty when I go it, but that passed.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
As are the Safari windows :eek:
There are a couple threads where someone built nice fabric covers that attach to the openings:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Thank you, but no thank you! It's pushing 35C today and it's cloudy - hot spell all over NA. My current vehicle, and 2nd ever with a sunroof, has the hard sun shade closed all the time except Winter. It was novelty when I go it, but that passed.
I don't even have a hard sun shade in mine.
There is a thin mesh cloth that rolls out internally which I use in summer when parked in the sun.
Never have a problem when driving
You can open both the windows and the sunroof from the key fob with one touch before you get in the vehicle.
aircon cools the interior quickly and absolutely no issue after that.
I will get heat reflective film on all the windows including the safari ones.

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, other people are like "I would always have locking nuts". I figured that especially for the spare it is good, and if you have one in the spare, you need a key already. I live in an urban area with a lot of vehicle and property crime. Now, I might not get them from IG, I just put them on for authenticity for resale- just kidding.
Mine came with enough std. wheel nuts to replace the locking nuts. It seemed like the dealer got the car all std. and a bag of locking nuts to fit them prior delivery. They're not that expensive and seem to be of high quality. If you don't do hardcore off-roading that often, you could just get 'em and switch for the rare occasion.

Back
Top Bottom