The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Everybody just be cool...(picked up our TM)

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Feel like I need to be the voice of reason, or just subtly brag that we've picked up out Trialmaster and love the vehicle. Drove three hours to the dealer and split the drive home in half so we could meet my sister for dinner and a delicious soft pretzel!

My impressions coming from a 2021 LR Defender HSE -

Pros:
- Hard to not bring up the looks/design. To my eyes it's beautiful, my wife got a kick out of the one guy that turned around to talk to us when we parked.
- Solid build quality and feel. Everything about the Grenadier feels stout. No it's not covered in leather like our LR was but the 'robust-ness' is there.
- Seats and seating postion are great. at 6'2" I fit much better into the Grenadier than I did in the Defender. Fewer blind spots and I can actually see out of it rather than being cocooned in it. The seats themselves are very comfortable and supportive. Nicely bolstered as well. Much more comfortable than my Defenders seats.
- Safari windows - just make the vehicle seem more open for lack of a better description.
- Plenty of power from the engine. I don't notice anything lacking (had the bigger engine in the Defender as well)
- Steering - for all the talk it was easy to get used to it. Takes a lighter input than other cars and I can practically turn the wheel with two fingers.
- Visibility - with the design of the front I feel like I can see exactly where the front corners are.
- Side Steps - I had a classic case of paralysis by analysis here. I like them on the vehicle and they look good in person. May one day upgrade to a rock slider with a step but these will likely be just fine and they're functional.

Cons:
- ADAS - (feel like I need to say something here) IT'S REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL. Yes its annoying when it alerts, but we quickly turned it off and I'll configure the favorite button to make it easier. People just need to calm down on this one, they'll update the system on the next service and was told that someone has already removed the fuse on theirs to eliminate it. I'm sure there will be a fix soon, either from the factory or aftermarket/forum. Would certainly not allow something like this to keep me from buying the car
- Steering - again you get used to it pretty quick. It drives almost identically like our GWagon (2015 model). And it drives like a solid axel truck - which it is. If someone is looking for a more luxerious and 'removed' driving experience then it's probably more apparent. I haven't driven a Jeep in forever and haven't driven a Bronco but I'd imagine it's a similar experience.
- Stereo - I knew this going in but it's not as nice as the 15ish speaker system in the Defender. But it works fine and I may upgrade it down the line with better speakers
- Rear view visibility - My drive home was in the dark through Charlotte traffic. Not a great view out the back (Defender was similar). But with the better sightlines out of the car from the drivers seat I didn't feel unsafe. May look into the rear camera mod as I had the ClearView mirrior camera on the Defender and it was helpful.

I'll likely add some more as we get some more experience, but this was my experience. Unfortunately we arrived at the dealer as the sun was setting so I'm comfortable saying it was the worst case scenario for picking up a new car. Then driving back through a major city with it's exciting traffic. It does have a certain presence in person and it's unique from everything else out there. Looking forward to spending the day (and daylight) crawling around the car and learning. For what it's worth - I have zero regrets from selling my Defender (which was a great vehicle) and picking up the Grenadier. I approached the Grenadier with an eyes wide open approach so perhaps that's some of the difference between my take and some others. The pretzel and beer cheese last night only made it better.

(and calm down over the ADAS)

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
View attachment 7836057View attachment 7836058View attachment 7836059
Looks sharp in blue.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
ADAS is all the advanced safety systems such a lane departure, over taking of other vehicles, etc. very common in UK now but fortunately, not on the 23 MY Grenadier
Oh no, that sounds awful, the opppsite of the intention of the vehicle. I assume it can be turned off?

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Could you elaborate more on "They were good to work with though!" Communication has been extremely sparse. Being a Bentley dealership, can't imagine the same level of communication with Bentley purchasers being tolerated. We are forced to deal with it being initial reservation holders as no choice on dealers. Also, who was your sales agent?
PS - a bit puzzled as to why/how Triad was your dealer and not Regal if you drove back thru Charlotte? Apologies but I have a mind that likes to "know the whys/ answers" 😉
Thank you - Tremendously appreciate it.
Selected Triad originally back when we did our first build. At the time it was either a dealer somewhere in/near Atlanta or near the Raleigh area. Driving distance was roughly the same, but I hate driving through Atlanta. In hindsight the reps at the Atlanta dealership seem to be more enthusiastic about the Grenadier, but I think the Triad group is trying. Thought I read that they had more pre-orders than anyone else at 500+ so I've tried to be realistic and somewhat empathetic in thinking that they may have 500ish people just like me emailing/calling for updates. I worked with Jason mostly through the process. Overall they were good to work with and no issues. At the end of the day I'm just happy to have my Grenadier. Will be back up in 1-2 months for the tow hitch install along with checker plates.

TomE

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Feel like I need to be the voice of reason, or just subtly brag that we've picked up out Trialmaster and love the vehicle. Drove three hours to the dealer and split the drive home in half so we could meet my sister for dinner and a delicious soft pretzel!

Pros:
- Hard to not bring up the looks/design. To my eyes it's beautiful, my wife got a kick out of the one guy that turned around to talk to us when we parked.
- Solid build quality and feel. Everything about the Grenadier feels stout. No it's not covered in leather like our LR was but the 'robust-ness' is there.
- Seats and seating postion are great. at 6'2" I fit much better into the Grenadier than I did in the Defender. Fewer blind spots and I can actually see out of it rather than being cocooned in it. The seats themselves are very comfortable and supportive. Nicely bolstered as well. Much more comfortable than my Defenders seats.
- Safari windows - just make the vehicle seem more open for lack of a better description.
- Plenty of power from the engine. I don't notice anything lacking (had the bigger engine in the Defender as well)
- Steering - for all the talk it was easy to get used to it. Takes a lighter input than other cars and I can practically turn the wheel with two fingers.
- Visibility - with the design of the front I feel like I can see exactly where the front corners are.
- Side Steps - I had a classic case of paralysis by analysis here. I like them on the vehicle and they look good in person. May one day upgrade to a rock slider with a step but these will likely be just fine and they're functional.

Cons:
- ADAS - (feel like I need to say something here) IT'S REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL. Yes its annoying when it alerts, but we quickly turned it off and I'll configure the favorite button to make it easier. People just need to calm down on this one, they'll update the system on the next service and was told that someone has already removed the fuse on theirs to eliminate it. I'm sure there will be a fix soon, either from the factory or aftermarket/forum. Would certainly not allow something like this to keep me from buying the car
- Steering - again you get used to it pretty quick. It drives almost identically like our GWagon (2015 model). And it drives like a solid axel truck - which it is. If someone is looking for a more luxerious and 'removed' driving experience then it's probably more apparent. I haven't driven a Jeep in forever and haven't driven a Bronco but I'd imagine it's a similar experience.
- Stereo - I knew this going in but it's not as nice as the 15ish speaker system in the Defender. But it works fine and I may upgrade it down the line with better speakers
- Rear view visibility - My drive home was in the dark through Charlotte traffic. Not a great view out the back (Defender was similar). But with the better sightlines out of the car from the drivers seat I didn't feel unsafe. May look into the rear camera mod as I had the ClearView mirrior camera on the Defender and it was helpful.

I'll likely add some more as we get some more experience, but this was my experience. Unfortunately we arrived at the dealer as the sun was setting so I'm comfortable saying it was the worst case scenario for picking up a new car. Then driving back through a major city with it's exciting traffic. It does have a certain presence in person and it's unique from everything else out there. Looking forward to spending the day (and daylight) crawling around the car and learning. For what it's worth - I have zero regrets from selling my Defender (which was a great vehicle) and picking up the Grenadier. I approached the Grenadier with an eyes wide open approach so perhaps that's some of the difference between my take and some others. The pretzel and beer cheese last night only made it better.

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
Thanks for the great write up on your first day!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh no, that sounds awful, the opppsite of the intention of the vehicle. I assume it can be turned off?
Not sure. Most cars in UK, at least, allow one to disable certain functions for that journey only. Many of the functions reset once engine turned off.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure. Most cars in UK, at least, allow one to disable certain functions for that journey only. Many of the functions reset once engine turned off.
Yeah, like stop start. Wish it would remember my choice though.

Where in Cheshire are you? I have two clients down there, Wilmslow and Ellesmere Port, I’m down there a few times a year 👍

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Selected Triad originally back when we did our first build. At the time it was either a dealer somewhere in/near Atlanta or near the Raleigh area. Driving distance was roughly the same, but I hate driving through Atlanta. In hindsight the reps at the Atlanta dealership seem to be more enthusiastic about the Grenadier, but I think the Triad group is trying. Thought I read that they had more pre-orders than anyone else at 500+ so I've tried to be realistic and somewhat empathetic in thinking that they may have 500ish people just like me emailing/calling for updates. I worked with Jason mostly through the process. Overall they were good to work with and no issues. At the end of the day I'm just happy to have my Grenadier. Will be back up in 1-2 months for the tow hitch install along with checker plates.
Lovely to read! Didn't realize they had that many that many pre-orders! My sales agent for the Saturday I drove 3.5 hrs for what turned out to be max 10 min test drive (they had people booked every 30 min) was "exceptionally polished/well dressed". The length of time allow was exceptionally disappointing given they knew how far I was driving. They had sent the "other" vehicle off to Uwharrie for the weekend. So can't say the first impression was bad but left something to be desired. Yeah Regal has set the bar high and is closer to what I experienced 27 yrs ago picking up my Discovery from Charlotte.
Yes! Will be happy to have my "G"!
Cheers!

LeftRev1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We also had a very good experience with Triad INEOS. We picked up our Grenadier last Saturday and they were very thorough during the orientation/drive around High Point. We also received a call two days ago asking how we liked our Grenadier and if we needed any assistance with anything related to our new IG. I'm sure the staff at Triad is adjusting to the pace from Bentley buyers to the frenetic enthusiasm offered by Grenadier buyers. After all, most of us have been waiting two years!

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice pretzel. Some viewers of your pictures would appreciate if you kept your camera properly level when taking photos. When something like that happens, just delete it and take another. Thanks.

(This comment is for those that are open to learning to do some things better without getting bent out of shape from reading positive helpful constructive suggestions. No offense intended. All others, well it's just swooosshhh...).
I like them. You're tone makes it sound like you think you know things the op doesn't or know better. You don't.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We also had a very good experience with Triad INEOS. We picked up our Grenadier last Saturday and they were very thorough during the orientation/drive around High Point. We also received a call two days ago asking how we liked our Grenadier and if we needed any assistance with anything related to our new IG. I'm sure the staff at Triad is adjusting to the pace from Bentley buyers to the frenetic enthusiasm offered by Grenadier buyers. After all, most of us have been waiting two years!
Thank you for expressing your experience! Agree totally, I have suspected we Grenadierers are definitely a different "beast" from Bentley buyers. ☺️
And who did you engage with at Triad?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, like stop start. Wish it would remember my choice though.

Where in Cheshire are you? I have two clients down there, Wilmslow and Ellesmere Port, I’m down there a few times a year 👍
I am from Wilmslow but moved to Tarporley area over 30 years ago. Always welcome to call in for a coffee. I spend half my life in the North Sea so not always around.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am from Wilmslow but moved to Tarporley area over 30 years ago. Always welcome to call in for a coffee. I spend half my life in the North Sea so not always around.

Excellent, offshore I guess? I still do bits and pieces in oil/gas but not been offshore in years, most of my time is in nuclear stuff these days.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent, offshore I guess? I still do bits and pieces in oil/gas but not been offshore in years, most of my time is in nuclear stuff these days.
Yes. Offshore oil & gas. Diving industry. There is another member on here who does the same thing. What area of Nuclear are you involved with?

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Looks sharp in blue.
@WJG-GMT II Wow! That's exciting! Your IG is beautiful! I'm still waiting for mine and it looks a little bit like yours. I really like the color.

I have a question if you don't mine. I see you have some options. Were those already installed prior to pickup? Or did you have to wait for so many days until they were installed?

Thanks so much!!!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I talking to the manager there are a few options that are unavailable, or just lagging behind. I ordered the checker plates, roof cross bars (May go another route here anyways, and the table. Sounds like the 3/4 roof rack is lagging behind and I didn’t see any at the dealer with the full roof rack.

The way I looked at it was - I’m going back in 1-2 months for the tow hitch install so I wasn’t concerned about it. Figured I’d have a small checklist of things I’d want looked at by then anyways. I like the Goose table better so will get that when they release it. They didn’t charge anything for the installation of the side steps either, but they were dealer installed. Was told that they order the accessories once they get confirmation that the trucks are on the way from the port. Although I suspect that dealers will begin to stock most options I a limited quantity once things are more readily available.

LeftRev1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for expressing your experience! Agree totally, I have suspected we Grenadierers are definitely a different "beast" from Bentley buyers. ☺️
And who did you engage with at Triad?
Our salesperson was Mike Outing and the sales manager is Jamal Bailey. I also forgot to mention that a separate Grenadier showroom [next to but divided by a wall] is almost complete.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Pros:

Cons:

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
Love the Eldoret Blue - mine is the same with a white top. Thanks for your views of the vehicle - appreciate all that feedback! Is the pretzel part of the Rough or Smooth pack - did not see that as an option :)

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Pros:

Cons:

Thank you for detailed report.

I am also moving on from my 2023 Defender on Thursday.

Unfortunately, my drive home is less than 15 miles unless I take a detour but my 2 test drives I did notice that the blind spots were not as bad or at all as the Defender is.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Our salesperson was Mike Outing and the sales manager is Jamal Bailey. I also forgot to mention that a separate Grenadier showroom [next to but divided by a wall] is almost complete.
Yes saw that "room" back in Oct when down for the test drive - can't wait to see it again! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom